It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: TinySickTears
You contradict yourself here. I should feel guilty because someone belonging to christianity kills someone for non religious reason but on the other hand, you answer this with no.

i didnt contradict #.
you shouldnt feel guilty for anything anyone does and i never said as much.

maybe you misread and i guess i could have misspoke but certainly not my friend

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Islam or ISIS? There's a huge difference you know.

Is a Catholic the same as a Protestant? If not then the same logic applies to your average Muslim and a radical Muslim.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
This thread reminds me of the reddit posters. You don't trust muslims?! UGH YOUR DISGUSTING ISLAMOPHOBE! YOUR A RACIST!

You don't care for gay people? YOUR SUCH A HOMOPHOBE! You are against refugees?! HOW DARE YOU! YOUR NOTHING BUT A XENOPHOBIC BIGOT!

I guess I am supposed to like everything??? I can be tolerant of other people. I just don't care or I just don't like how some things are. Is that ok? I mean come on...
edit on 29-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
nope. never said you should speak out against it.

i asked you if you do.

not the same thing

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Let us leave the killing of unbelievers out of the argument for a moment.

Do all of the NON- Islamophobes here support the subservience of women to the point that they are not allowed to travel without a man, drive or show their face in public?

There are whole countries in the Middle East that have these rules for women.

Call me an Islamophobe, I don't care, but don't pretend that you care about women's rights.
edit on b000000312017-05-29T16:30:46-05:0004America/ChicagoMon, 29 May 2017 16:30:46 -0500400000017 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I think the OP is absolutely right on. The war propaganda machine or the media has painted a particular picture of the Muslim people. There are 365 days a year and 200 cherry picks from 1.6 billion people. It's simply propaganda to keep the war profiteers making money.

Most Muslims want to be left alone and to raise their children like everybody else in the world. They don't want to live in poverty. And they want their kids to grow up having a better life than their parents. They are no different than us.

Every major religion in the world has some form of the golden rule. I bet many of you Islamophobics did not even know Islam as one too!

Islam
Not one of you truly believes until you wish for others what you wish for yourself.
The Prophet Muhammad, Hadith

Islam is no different than Christianity with passages that cannot be read out of its historical context. If you read the Bible literally you would think the 13 Amendment goes against God. The Christian Bible says slavery is okay. How can the Bible get slavery wrong????

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
Let us leave the killing of unbelievers out of the argument for a moment.

Do all of the NON- Islamophobes here support the subservience of women to the point that they are not allowed to travel without a man, drive or show their face in public?

There are whole countries in the Middle East that have these rules for women.

Call me an Islamophobe, I don't care, but don't pretend that you care about women's rights.

nope.
dont support it

damn sure not going to go rally against it either

i did write a scathing opinion on the movie the stoning or soroya m....

does that count?

edit on 29-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

well, you asked me this:

are you a white christian? if so every time a white christian commits some atrocity are you out there acting against it?

And I say it´s stupid and not comparable. Mind you, you started the curses...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

So the only way we can save women's rights is by dropping 28,000 bombs on the ME in 2016. Some estimates have the USA bombings have killed close to 2,000,000 Arabs since 9/11. So much for woman's rights!

edit on 29-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Islam or ISIS? There's a huge difference you know.

Is a Catholic the same as a Protestant? If not then the same logic applies to your average Muslim and a radical Muslim.

Islam.

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

You definitely shouldn't rally against it in Saudi Arabia. They don't put up with that kind of stuff over there.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

well, you asked me this:

are you a white christian? if so every time a white christian commits some atrocity are you out there acting against it?

And I say it´s stupid and not comparable. Mind you, you started the curses...

i know what i asked
i did not say you should feel guilty though so whats your point?

link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY
Using a known racist and bigot to back up your statement smooth move.
It's obvious all you know of Islam is what you have been fed by the MSM.

link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I said it in another thread and I'll say it here:

Why aren't Christians speaking out against the predominately Christian drug cartels slaughtering and torturing people over drugs in Mexico?

Since I don't hear them (or choose to ignore them) speaking out against it that must mean they're alright with it happening. That's the kind of logic these Islamaphobes use to justify their phobia.

"But ISIS is killing in the name of Islam, those drug cartels aren't killing in the name of Christianity!"

To that I say, who cares? They're Christians killing other people, the cause doesn't matter, the fact is they are Christians (or claim to be) just like ISIS members are Muslim (or claim to be).

Are they killing in the name of Christianity? Do they declare they are murdering for God and/or Christ?

EDIT: Because we've been speaking out against the cartels for over a decade as thugs and killers. This is the first time I've seen someone try to connect their criminal activities with the Christian (Catholic I presume?) faith. How are you making that connection?
edit on 29-5-2017 by Teikiatsu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

We should just leave Arabs alone and stop bombing them. We should just let gay people married if that's what they want. You are right, we are imposing our will on people of a different label because they do not confirm to our ideas about what is "right".

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

You definitely shouldn't rally against it in Saudi Arabia. They don't put up with that kind of stuff over there.

yeah that place is pretty low on my list of places to visit.

im talking way on down the line

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   
if being islamophobic is hating islam in a religious sense, then I'm one of them.

link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: butcherguy

So the only way we can save women's rights is by dropping 28,000 bombs on the ME in 2016. Some estimates have the USA bombings have killed close to 2,000,000 Arabs since 9/11. So much for woman's rights!

Did I say that?
Want to address what I actually said?

link   

originally posted by: buster2010
Using a known racist and bigot to back up your statement smooth move.
It's obvious all you know of Islam is what you have been fed by the MSM.

Sure. Yup. Totally brainwashed lmao.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Surah 24
...and you should forgive And overlook: Do you not like God to forgive you? And Allah is The Merciful Forgiving.

I can cherry-pick from the Quran too, I can just as easily cherry-pick verses from the bible that sounds like an ISIS command as well.

1 Samuel 15
3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.

Wow, Yahweh sounds a lot like Allah doesn't he?

edit on 5/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join