It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some thoughts on Islamophobia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Thats not religiously inspired. Still a tragedy though. Islam is not the only wrong in the world. As far as i can tell these kinds of massacres are the broad result of resource wars and geopolitics.

And thats also a problem.
Make a thread about that. Its a different subject altogether.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
Might as well call me islamophobic. Don't care if I am. While the billion muslims in the world don't bother me. 20% of that global population are sympathetic to terrorism even if they do not directly or indirectly support it.

So that is still a lot of bad apples in that mix of good ones. I will keep to having an extra pair of eyes on the back of my head and a concealed weapon on my side ready for any crazy moron that wants to die for a religion. I will happily oblige him or her on a quick trip to hell if it comes to fruition.

I will always remain suspicious of any muslim person that I happen to come accross. I don't go around making it known either.

So you are saying that thinking the thought is the same as doing the deed? Besides that 20% number is pure BS. They polled a couple of thousand people and that speaks for almost two billion. Who would be stupid enough to believe that?

You do know there is mathematics supporting polling by sampling. You don't need to ask 100% of the people. There is mathematics that will tell you with good accuracy what the entire population is thinking with a much smaller sample.

Mathematics of Polling

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I agree with most what you write but I ask you this:

Where are those billions of muslims acting up against that war? Where are the muslim voices to abandon everyone that has ties to radical groups? I´ve not heard them, except for one lousy little speech that roams around the internet somewhere.

Peaceful muslims indeed, so peaceful that they watch fellow humans being slaughtered down and they do nothing. I´m talking about the first world muslim population, where is the outrage? Hint, there is none.

Do you know that the biggest victims of terrorism are muslims themselves? They have always denounced it, it's just that the media is not intrested in them denouncing it.

Here's something is just looked up for you on youtube:

edit on 29-5-2017 by WombRaider69 because: .

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Its a #ty religion. Thats my opinion. I dont think every muslim is a bad person. Though Islam does routinely inspire fanaticism, and does so in a way that other religions do not.

That said, maybe we should all convert to Islam. At least they know how to deal with sjws and feminists. /s

Poverty inspires fanaticism. You don't think the 28,000 bombs the US dropped on the ME is not going to create a couple of dozen insane radicals:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I said it in another thread and I'll say it here:

Why aren't Christians speaking out against the predominately Christian drug cartels slaughtering and torturing people over drugs in Mexico?

Since I don't hear them (or choose to ignore them) speaking out against it that must mean they're alright with it happening. That's the kind of logic these Islamaphobes use to justify their phobia.

"But ISIS is killing in the name of Islam, those drug cartels aren't killing in the name of Christianity!"

To that I say, who cares? They're Christians killing other people, the cause doesn't matter, the fact is they are Christians (or claim to be) just like ISIS members are Muslim (or claim to be).
edit on 5/29/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

so the choices are perpetual suspicion or being oblivious?

yeah that sucks

i ride a line in the middle

some people make me nervous. some dont.

sometimes its a white dude. sometimes its a chinese guy.
all depends

whatever works for you i guess.

your life

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WombRaider69
a reply to: Metallicus

US admits it conducted Mosul air strike 'at location' where '200' civilians died
www.independent.co.uk... 651451.html

Can we blame this on the followers of Christianity? Or doesn't that count?

Yes. Christians are war mongers.

+6 more 
link   
People are tired of being called some --phobe or --ism because they have an opinion about something. I'm not talking about a hatred or a fear. I'm talking about an opinion.

Yes. There are Islamaphobes that simply hate muslims because they're muslims. Those are probably rare. But, there are many that dislike the religion/culture/theocracy/social mores of Islam. Stop calling these people Islamaphobic.

It's like Christians calling atheists 'Christianphobes'. You never hear that. You only hear --phobe when it relates to Islam.

I don't care for the religion. I don't care for the culture. I don't care for their theocratic dogma. I don't care for their social practices. I don't hate the people. I would never be unkind or rude to one that isn't seeking to convert me or do harm to me or my neighbors. But, if I had a daughter, I would hate for her to marry one. That does not make me any kind of --phobe or --ism.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears
It´s a lame post you wrote, because if a christian kills somebody, it´s seldom because he´s doing it for his religion. That´s just a very dumb argument you made and is similar to what I pointed out above.

The radical muslims we´re speaking about, DO KILL in the name of their god. Hence the rest of the religous group should feel somehow responsible, or not?

If christians go on a holy war, we can talk about this again. You can bet on me speaking up. And don´t start with "but the christian history". That argument is moot, because by saying that you´d justify ANY murder, because sometime, somewhere, some religion did this and that.

link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

cause it is not their responsibility to shoulder that weight of stepping out to denounce it.

just like it is not any muslims responsibility to step out and denounce what another muslim person does.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

From a blog from an ex Muslim.....

"If Islam has to prosper, be the superior religion, then certain steps must be taken by its followers, including spreading Islam at any cost, including the sword and killing any opposition,"

"So you learn all of these things and then of course you learn that the Koran tells you to hate the Christians and the Jews,"

That includes the Koran's call to jihad, or "holy" war, against non-believers.

"It is basically a proscriptive demand found in the Koran when it comes to jihad - killing the infidels, spreading Islam until there is no other religion on earth except the religion of Allah,"

Many of the Koranic verses from that later Medina period include calls to violence and intolerance.

Like chapter 8, verse 12: "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them."

Then there is the infamous verse of the sword in chapter 9, verse 5: "Slay the idolaters wherever you find them and take them captives and besiege them and lie in wait for them in every ambush…."

"You cannot stand against the religion, you cannot critique the prophet or the teaching of the Koran, and you cannot leave the religion because you're not free to do so "There is no equality between genders, there is no equality between people of other faiths."

"For you to leave Islam, you are leaving your identity, your culture, your community, your family, everything that you grew up to believe to be true," "There is no separation between state and mosque, state and religion."

Infiltrating the Infidels

"Muslims know very well that the best way to conquer is not by the sword anymore,

"It's by infiltrating the societies, the political systems, and by basically taking their time to grow, to become a majority that at some point, they will have a voice that they can topple things basically to their advantage,"

www.cbn.com...

This is from the book of teaching Islam doesn't appear very peaceful to me

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

The radical muslims we´re speaking about, DO KILL in the name of their god. Hence the rest of the religous group should feel somehow responsible, or not?

since you asked

not

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

so the choices are perpetual suspicion or being oblivious?

yeah that sucks

i ride a line in the middle

some people make me nervous. some dont.

sometimes its a white dude. sometimes its a chinese guy.
all depends

whatever works for you i guess.

your life

I profile everyone. It only takes me 2 minuets to figure out who is who and what they may be up to. Yeah I think I am pretty good at it. Yes my life is pretty great! No problems so far because I live in a civilized society. The chances of anything happening is less than 1%. I digress it is fun to see other people's funny habits though.
edit on 29-5-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Of course they are, their book has to be fulfilled. It calls for war and genocide near the end and they are hoping it happens.

I guarantee you if a war popped up that vaguely resembled prophecy they'd be cheering it on the entire way. Some are cheering on the current ones because they believe it is leading to Jesus coming back.

link   
a reply to: WombRaider69

Obvious thing is obvious. Do you really think anyone here doesn´t know this? I know I´m not entitled to an answer, but I want you to know, you missed that question:

"Do they kill them in the name of christianity? "

I´ll answer: No. And that´s why your point is moot.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I agree.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

cool.
rock on
live you life how you see fit

thats a choice we all get to make

if its right for you then its right....pretty simple

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I agree.

awesome

there wont be many that agree and to be fair nobody has to.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   
You contradict yourself here. I should feel guilty because someone belonging to christianity kills someone for non religious reason but on the other hand, you answer this with no.

to clear up, not responsible for the murders but responsible by speaking up against this.
edit on 29-5-2017 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join