It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Confederate flags gone, Civil War museum will close

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
A county commissioner requested the confederate flags be pulled form the Civil War Museum....So the Museum is closing because it can't do it's mission properly.

A Henry County commissioner requested a few months ago that a local Civil War museum remove its Confederate flags.

But without that symbol, the Nash Farm Battlefield and Museum announced that it can’t conduct its mission properly and will close June 1.

In a Facebook post, the museum’s directors cited the request by District 2 Commissioner Dee Clemmons that all Confederate flags be removed from the museum, in addition to the gift shop, “in an effort not to offend anyone.”
www.ajc.com...

The commissioner was just wussing out to the (supposed) public sentiment against the Confederate flag. Some Henry county residents (where the museum is located) were not happy with the (stupid) decision. They could see that it honored both sides in the Civil war.

The action comes as sentiment against the public display of the Confederate flag is causing similar changes elsewhere in the South. New Orleans recently removed four monuments to Confederate leaders.

But the change in Henry County was not received well by some residents.

“You have a museum in this time period to honor both Union and Confederate veterans,” Chuck Johnson said. “No matter which side they fought on, they were all Americans.”

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
By all means, let's not learn from our past.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

The commissioner only requests that the flags be taken down and that caused the heads of the museum to close it? Sounds like that museum needs new management.

edit on 24-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Make no mistake, "they" will want to snap all the crosses off all sort of things in 10 years. It is offensive.

I literally wish the museum would have penned an eloquent F-U letter written on the finest acid free stationary available to the di--less councilman.

Is there any respect to the thousands upon thousands that were killed?

It is history and it is as scary and ugly as it is beautiful.
edit on 24-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Damn..
So what happens to Gettysburg PA? There is a whole cemetery with confederate soldiers graves. (With flags of the south) *insert my edit*

What will happen to Arlington National Cemetery.. Gen. Lee's property is such.🤔

I'm ok with learning from our past.
But it might serve worthy if we knew what that past was.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Have you ever seen the inner working of a city? The request was more than likely not a request. (my guess)

link   

Who didn't see this coming?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:07 PM
link   
there is more to the american civil war than the battle standard of the loosing side

one would hope that a museum curator would know this

but - sadly ......................

link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh

Damn..
So what happens to Gettysburg PA? There is a whole cemetery with confederate soldiers graves.

What will hapoen to Arlington National Cemetery.. Gen. Lee's property is such.🤔

I'm ok with learning from our past.
But it might serve worthy if we knew what that past was.

Who cares, they were racist!!! Lets just pretend it never happened and burn all the evidence. .... .. .... ..

link   
cant learn from history if you erase it

dundudunnnnn

link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

Lets warm up the plasma torches and cement saws.

We have precious eyes to save from seeing something that represents an "alternative view".

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Waiting on Egypt to tear down the pyramids... after all they were built with slaves.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Please tell me your not serious😓

Gave a flag in hopes that was sarcasm

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
What about the people who are offend by removing the flag, why can't the people in our government see the simple fact that NO MATTER WHAT you do it will offend someone, or some group.
People who are so easily offended should take a long look at themselves and see that they are probably offending someone else somehow. And trying to make everyone happy is never going to work, just let people do what they feel is best for them , and as long as they aren't hurting anybody what is the big deal.
Usually people who complain about any little thing have something to hide. We should look into the ones who cry the loudest and see what they are hiding or find something that they do that is offense to someone else and have them explain the hypocrisy.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Have you ever seen the inner working of a city? The request was more than likely not a request. (my guess)

There are plenty of ways they could have fought back but instead they choose to be babies about it and close the entire museum. I'll say it again , they need new management .

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bigburgh
a reply to: JinMI

Please tell me your not serious😓

Gave a flag in hopes that was sarcasm

Absolute sarcasm.

If we are going to erase history based on feels, there would be no history to tell.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Ok after asking JmNi...

I realize I've posted "the stupid"

I will embrace some suck.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Waiting on Egypt to tear down the pyramids... after all they were built with slaves.

You might want to Google that one.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JHumm

Too bad, this is a PSYOP mission. About 10 years ago this was just starting to gain steam, now it is a full boil.

It will be studied, picked apart and improved, This is perfect info to see what can be done and how long it takes to get the public revved up enough to get stupid.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Confederate flag blurred out.

www.reddit.com...

This is censorship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join