It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When did the forums suddenly become Idiocracy in 1938's Germany

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sadly, four people so far agreed with his comparison of circumcision.

Probably all men because no woman in her right mind would star that... Although knowing the bias here sometimes, political affiliation outweighs morality.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

And yet the post you quoted did none of those things, only pointed out the false comparison between the Jews of Germany and modern Muslims.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I never said they were the same but all things considered they are of a similar act of cutting up another persons genitals, without their consent due to religious reasons.

It's the same as comparing a slow tortuous death to quick painless death, they are both death, if you wish quibble over semantics then that it your prerogative, I didn't know we had to compare every thing like for like now.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

And female genital mutilation? Child Brides? Homophobia? Half of all British Muslims think homosexuality should be illegal. Do these factor into your obscurantist view of the Muslim faith?

I am talking about Muslims in the UK, genital mutilation is illegal and quite rightly, end of.

No, it's not "end of" because it still goes on in the UK. In fact it's quite rife in the larger cities. Just because it's illegal, doesn't mean that it doesn't happen. This is one of many things you've been wrong about on your recent rampage.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: Discotech

In fact, it is more stupid and more dangerous than all of the other religions. I'm sorry but not all religions are alike.

I don't think all Muslims are terrorists, but I do think a religion that touts itself as the final religion, promotes jihad, and promises paradise and a bevy of virgins for martyrs will naturally incentivize terrorism.

I would love to be proven wrong. Try criticizing Islam.

As an Agnostic I consider them all equally dangerous and all absurd, but it is NOT my place to tell people what they should or should not believe because then I would be a dictator and it is after all only an opinion that they are all incorrect.

How about we make it illegal to teach ANY religion to anyone under the age of consent ? I'm quite sure that would assist in stopping extremist views from developing in the minds of the young, but then again all the other precious religions would suffer as a consequence and we can't have that now can we ?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

I never said they were the same but all things considered they are of a similar act of cutting up another persons genitals, without their consent due to religious reasons.

It's the same as comparing a slow tortuous death to quick painless death, they are both death, if you wish quibble over semantics then that it your prerogative, I didn't know we had to compare every thing like for like now.

That's another terrible comparison you've come up with. Jeez, what's wrong with you man? Are you nihilistic?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Really ? Does it matter how someone dies ? Once they're dead, they're dead, doesn't matter how they died, they're dead, just because they died slow and painfully doesn't mean they're going to be more dead than if they died instantly.

Dead is dead

Much like needlessly giving somebody a circumcision for religious reason is still mutilation

I'm curious if the Jewish faith decided due to religious reasons, that all women have part of their breasts removed, would you be cool with this ? Or would you call it for what it is, needless mutilation
edit on 24/5/17 by Discotech because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

As an Agnostic I consider them all equally dangerous and all absurd, but it is NOT my place to tell people what they should or should not believe because then I would be a dictator and it is after all only an opinion that they are all incorrect.

How about we make it illegal to teach ANY religion to anyone under the age of consent ? I'm quite sure that would assist in stopping extremist views from developing in the minds of the young, but then again all the other precious religions would suffer as a consequence and we can't have that now can we ?

Considering all religions to be equally dangerous and absurd is dangerous and absurd. A simple example would be to caricature the prophets of the biggest religions, and to see which one will most likely get you killed. A simple example is to look throughout the world at and add up theocratic states, and which religions are the laws of their countries. A simple example would be to find out in which religion apostasy, blasphemy, and homosexuality is illegal, or punishable by death.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

"Anglican as well as Catholic priests and nuns are suspect of having actively participated in murders. Especially the conduct of a certain Catholic priest has been occupying the public mind in Rwanda's capital Kigali for months. He was minister of the church of the Holy Family and allegedly murdered Tutsis in the most brutal manner. He is reported to have accompanied marauding Hutu militia with a gun in his cowl. In fact there has been a bloody slaughter of Tutsis seeking shelter in his parish. Even two years after the massacres many Catholics refuse to set foot on the threshold of their church, because to them the participation of a certain part of the clergy in the slaughter is well established. There is almost no church in Rwanda that has not seen refugees - women, children, old - being brutally butchered facing the crucifix. According to eyewitnesses clergymen gave away hiding Tutsis and turned them over to the machetes of the Hutu militia. In connection with these events again and again two Benedictine nuns are mentioned, both of whom have fled into a Belgian monastery in the meantime to avoid prosecution. According to survivors one of them called the Hutu killers and led them to several thousand people who had sought shelter in her monastery. By force the doomed were driven out of the churchyard and were murdered in the presence of the nun right in front of the gate. The other one is also reported to have directly cooperated with the murderers of the Hutu militia. In her case again witnesses report that she watched the slaughtering of people in cold blood and without showing response. She is even accused of having procured some petrol used by the killers to set on fire and burn their victims alive..."

That was in 1994

Just because they appear to be civil, doesn't mean they don't harbour views as dangerous as any Muslim extremist.

I'm confident if you stripped away the laws preventing them from committing their atrocities it would be open season for most religious folk who wish to appease their cloud pixie overlord

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Discotech

Really ? Does it matter how someone dies ? Once they're dead, they're dead, doesn't matter how they died, they're dead, just because they died slow and painfully doesn't mean they're going to be more dead than if they died instantly.

Dead is dead

Much like needlessly giving somebody a circumcision for religious reason is still mutilation

I'm curious if the Jewish faith decided due to religious reasons, that all women have part of their breasts removed, would you be cool with this ? Or would you call it for what it is, needless mutilation

In that case I wish you a nice long slow painful death.

I'll give you a comparison, FGM is equivalent to having your bell end cut off or your testicles.
edit on 24-5-2017 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

And how many of the new ISIS recruits are kids who never grew up to religious tradition and felt spiritually empty and felt that ISIS was something that would fill that void?

Why do you think so many Western kids are lured there?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

But are you condusing tribal hatred with religious reasons? What happened in that genocide was tribal. How many of those church officials killed in Jesus' name and how many killed because this or that person was Tutsi and he or she was Hutu?

That doesn't excuse it, but motive there is important.

The Muslims aren't killing us because they are Syrian or Lebanese or Libyan and we are not. They are doing it in the name of Allah to further the cause of Islam -- for religious reasons.
edit on 24-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
In that case I wish you a nice long slow painful death.

Thanks for proving the whole point of this thread of just how spiteful and vindictive you people are

a reply to: ketsuko

If you know the answer then just say it, but I don't think you will because most if not all of the kids parents are Muslim so they WILL have instilled their religious indoctrinations upon them.

Or do you honestly believe what you're saying ? That these kids grew up with no religious teachings, felt empty and decided to take up Islam and then fight an absurd holy war

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Are you able to provide a similar example for Islam? There are countless examples, but are you able to do it?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Closed for staff review.
CLOSED

The END of Hate Speech, subtle or otherwise, on ATS
**ALL MEMBERS** The recent surge in Hatred, Racism, and Sheer Stupidity STOPS NOW
edit on Fri May 26 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join