It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the media

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newsie229
a reply to: dreamingawake

Any of our national stories come from AP or our affiliate. I really do see an agenda in the AP. They are so damn slanted.

The scripted reactions to topics is stupid. It really sucks. A lot of that blame needs to be dropped on the FCC. Close Captioning rules have made it not just impossible but massively fine worthy to talk with a script scrolling at the bottom of the screen.

I agree. A change in journalism should start from the bottom up. The issue though, a mindset that is given to the kids coming out of college is take no money and you can be easily replaced. A news director has a stack of demos from people wanting to get in the biz.

I've seen way too many fresh eyed just out of school people come in only to have their spirits crushed.

Thanks for your reply.

Gonna add these videos in case anyone hasn't seen it or similar yet.

Shorter video
Longer video

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What's your take on the hot blonde traffic girl on the morning show? Any chance those breasts are real?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Newsie229

How many times a week does George Soros send out his memos on what the Mainstream Media is required to broadcast?

I legit just laughed out loud... you're awesome! hahaaha

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thankfully one of us doesn't have a filter.

You get more presidential/vice-presidential by the day! Build The Dome! 2020 still on?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Our newsroom is a good mix of left and right in all honesty. In our case, the liberals are much much more vocal, while the conservatives tend to keep it more reserved and kind of give each other a nod and a wink when somebody is going a little off the deep end.

With that said, there is a bias. Locally politics are less about party and more about "oh I know that person's name." Any national news we run comes from the very slanted network or the AP.

There is a consolidation happening. He wasn't wrong there. You'll have one person doing a job three would have done in the past. That, at least I feel, gives news more of a quantity over quality vibe. Our reporters are trying to butt their butt...but they are shooting, writing, editing, and setting up their own live shots on any given day. Most stories are turned in only a couple of hours. It's kind of brutal.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: AgarthaSeed

I'll ask the obvious question. What is the censorship like behind the scenes?

Are there certain topics you find you or your colleagues are discouraged from talking about?

Yep. Censorship mostly comes in the form of don't piss off an advertiser. If you are a company that totally messed up...just buy a big ad package and you're all set. To be clear...the people that work in the news department hate that. HATE. The orders come down from those much higher than us.

Censorship when it comes to much else...not too bad. You will have a lot of "here's what happened. But don't say that yet" from police or whoever. That can get us fired up too

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Ummm. No comment. Or how about...she claims they are...but we all know better. Haha

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

In response to those videos. That comes down to lazy producers. Not a conspiracy that I'm aware off. When stories come down from networks they give a suggested intro and outro. It's something the producer can use if they choose because they don't feel like writing their own.

Now, we could discuss that it might be a plan coming from networks. Locally though it boils down to laziness.

There are phrases consults tell stations to use. Hot button words that are meant to be programmed into your head to keep you around. They say this is from research. Blah blah blah. It changes every few months, so who knows.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newsie229
Hello everyone! I have a thread going over in the introduction page...but I thought I would start one here.

I'm a part of the mainstream media. I don't want to get too specific or identify myself. I will say I work for a mid sized to small market, and am linked to one of the major affiliates. I work in local news though, not a national outlet.

I am not here to defend journalism or make excuses. But I am here to answer any questions I can. Maybe I can shed some light on some stuff. I am open to a friendly conversation. Be polite with me and I'll show you respect right back.

I'll get on here a couple times a day and try my best to answer whatever I can!

Other than, say, details of a crime to assist an investigation, how much does the USG control what you do or don't report?

Some example of above?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Brywilson2

Well...when it comes to local police, they don't tell us we can't report on a topic. Most of the time if they say they want us to keep quiet about something, it's to notify family after someone died before we release a name. It might also be a low key "yes...this is newsworthy...a guy was shot." As opposed to a non newsworthy suicide.

Federally it's different. FBI or military will only tell you what they want you to know. Beyond that you're out of luck. We had a story involving a military training accident years ago they tried to keep us quiet on. We refused, threatening legal action. They backed off.

Day to day there isn't much intervention from the government. You can tell when they want something swept under the rug because they try and play it off as a non story.

Hope that answered it!

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I could ask your opinion on outlets like CNN and MSNBC who blatantly push fake, unsourced stories down our throats for the sole purposes of trying to oust the POTUS and worse, divide this country and stir up civil unrest. I almost fail to see the point in even asking as those are no longer news stations but full propaganda outlets. While children were getting blown up yesterday they were still banging on about Trump, Trump, Trump.

I guess I could ask why there's no longer any journalistic integrity and do these liars feel any guilt at night when they lay down. Does a clown like Anderson Cooper believe he's actually doing a good job or does he recognize he's a mouthpiece for the deep state with criminal motives.

As an aside, what's happened to investigative journalism? To find anything of the like you need to search youtube. Gone are the days of digging for quality stories. Years ago things like the Franklin Coverup were investigated on the nightly news. Nowadays no one will touch similar issues and instead fall back on the lame and pathetic deflection of "conspiracy theorists". It's as if no one in journalism has any curiosity anymore.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
What's your take on the hot blonde traffic girl on the morning show? Any chance those breasts are real?

As horrible a first question can be, this has merit

Does MSM violate EOU laws, does beauty pay?

And even then, there's that "extra mile" too

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 03:23 AM
link   
a reply to: iWontGiveUP

They have naked news somewhere. Russia or poland or somewhere. I dont remember.

U.S. MSM is gonna have to start doing something to spice things up a bit cuz the national news nowadays is unbearable to watch. If im real drunk i just want to smash my tv listening to their bs.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
I legit just laughed out loud... you're awesome! hahaaha

Someone has to ask the tough questions.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
You get more presidential/vice-presidential by the day! Build The Dome! 2020 still on?

Since I run the ZNC I might just slot myself in as Veep under her Royal Queeness. She may kill me but I'm willing to die for the cause.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Since I run the ZNC I might just slot myself in as Veep under her Royal Queeness. She may kill me but I'm willing to die for the cause.

Don't forget about that donation I made to ZNC. I expect a nice paying cushy job.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
Don't forget about that donation I made to ZNC. I expect a nice paying cushy job.

Since you just posted in this thread you can be the Press Secretary. You appear qualified.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

There are phrases consults tell stations to use. Hot button words that are meant to be programmed into your head to keep you around. They say this is from research. Blah blah blah. It changes every few months, so who knows.

Thank you for confirming what some of us old fart, tin foil hat wearing, ATSers, have been trying to say for years.

We are all tiny nodes in a program that has been in under construction for years.

For the new folk when they have some time to check out the rabbit hole.
www.youtube.com...
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I shall make the press my bit##. Fake news ain't got nothing on the zazz administration. I've read all the Goebbels books to help me prepare.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   
with the internet and 24 hour news channels, why are newspapers even still in business?who wants to read todays news in tomorrows newspaper?

How much longer do you think printed news media will still be around?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join