It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am a member of the media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Newsie229

So how you feel about all the misinformation inundating the major news outlets.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Being a journalist & based upon everything you've seen and read in the last 16 years, what is your opinion on the official government account of the events of September 11th, 2001?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

misinformation? inundating? Please be specific.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
hello Newsie,

I have worked in advertising for a few years and have seen the bias towards advertisers. It can even seep into "the advertiser is very conservative so we have to tell more conservative stories so they buy the big package" and vice versa.

It has made me sick and made me HATE working in advertising sales for tv/radio networks.

Crazy how money can control the media, tis why i take it with a grain of salt, even the most respected sources.

How does your network work with this issue? Is it very money/advertiser central?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Do you know how the nocebo effect works and that every thought has an effect?
have you noticed how usually rare incidents after being made aware to the public by the media become more frequent?

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The idea that the news is left wing is and has been for a while irrelevant and a ruse used to hide a greater reality which transcends the left/right paradigm.

And all this was illustrated clearly during a time people here forget.

During the Iraq war era 2003-4-5 is when the real deep state took over and that wasn’t left or right, if anything it was more right than left-wing.

People like Phil Donahue was kicked off his own show.

Recall that the NYT was a culprit in advocating for this horrendous war, the same NYT people here are calling a part of a left-wing cabal.

The deep state wanted that war and its horrible ramifications and it got it.

They foster division based on liberal conservative dogma and thereby misdirect energy away from the true deep state agenda

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   
This is going a lot better than when the associated press went to /pol/.

I did like when the local news workers reported Omar Mateen's father in the good seats at the hrc ralley, that showed some humanity, pride in their work and some tendencies towards truthing imo.

posted on May, 24 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Newsie229
a reply to: dreamingawake

In response to those videos. That comes down to lazy producers. Not a conspiracy that I'm aware off. When stories come down from networks they give a suggested intro and outro. It's something the producer can use if they choose because they don't feel like writing their own.

Now, we could discuss that it might be a plan coming from networks. Locally though it boils down to laziness.

There are phrases consults tell stations to use. Hot button words that are meant to be programmed into your head to keep you around. They say this is from research. Blah blah blah. It changes every few months, so who knows.

Those are funny though in a sense that of keeping news homogenized and sterile. As are their content management websites.
I do like the affiliates who have an investigative take a on story, as they did that with the news of the "lamb grown out the of womb".

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043

I don't feel good about it at all. When I got into the industry CNN was the end game. If you could make it to CNN you made it. Now...real journalists view them as a joke.

The bias in national news is disgusting...on both sides of the aisle. I sway right on many issues...but I'd rather see down the middle reporting.

The death of cable news was when prime time turned into pundit fights and not journalism.

The misinformation is a problem too. Let's pretend for a minute everything you hear is meant to be the truth. Ha. Yeah...I couldn't say that with a straight face...anyway...let's pretend, news outlets would rather be first with wrong information than second with the right info.

The thought process is be first and we will fix it later. Pay attention when a terror attack happens. The death toll rises and falls and rises by the hour.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: veracity

How does your network work with this issue? Is it very money/advertiser central?

As a news employee, it's against the law (plugola and payola) to accept any kind of gift or money to do or sway a story.

As a person in sales...they take money for spots and that trickles down to must cover or don't cover events from upper management.

News is sadly a for profit business. It's really starting to show.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80

Do you know how the nocebo effect works and that every thought has an effect?
have you noticed how usually rare incidents after being made aware to the public by the media become more frequent?

Umm. Yes. To an extent. It feels like we have the same type of stories in a cluster. Honestly I've never thought about that, but I do see it now that you mentioned it.

A bunch of child abductions around the same time...or standoffs.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Being a journalist & based upon everything you've seen and read in the last 16 years, what is your opinion on the official government account of the events of September 11th, 2001?

I originally bought into the naritive...but about 10 years ago my curious side kicked in.

With no real proof, and having access to the same information all of us have, I think the story was BS. Yes, of course too many people died. Yes planes crashed into the towers but no. We didn't get the whole story. I don't feel like a plane crashed into the Pentegon.

I feel like it was a controlled demo that knocked the towers down. I think it was a huge plan to get us back into the Middle East.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join