It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - Time to Start Punishing Families of Attacking Terrorists.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
May 23, 2017

Does anyone doubt that beyond their "cause", most terrorists care about nothing else but their families?

Take the Manchester, England bomber, Salman Abedi for example. Yesterday, this 22 year-old thug murdered 22 people and injured +120 more.

From this article: www.thesun.co.uk... , the below information is relative to this thread...

""Salman Abedi parents are currently in Libya, and are thought to have moved back to live there recently, the family member said.
Abedi and his brother have been living in their parent's house which was raided on Tuesday.""

If the United Kingdom were to kill, or jail, one or more relatives of Salman Abedi, and broadcast this punishment to the terrorist world, in my opinion, it would DETER many existing, and would-be, terrorists from conducting these insane mass-murders.

Every year, COUNTRIES kill thousands of civilians in air-raids and shoot-outs around the globe. This "collateral damage" is treated as "acceptable losses", toward achieving some overall objective.

If the objective is to deter terrorists from killing innocent adults and children, wouldn't punishing a relative(s) of the attacking terrorist(s), go a long way towards achieving that objective? After all, if they love anybody on this planet, it would most likely be a close relative.

ATS family, if you can think of a better method for significantly reducing terrorism ASAP...potentially saving innocent lives in the near term, while the existing long-term "war on terror" continues, please share.

-CareWeMust

edit on 5/23/2017 by carewemust because: wording adjustment

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
So what you are saying is that we should kill his innocent relatives??

Do you not think that the murder of innocent Muslims might just piss them off more and them, you know, just make them want to kill us even more

Utterly stupid idea
edit on 23-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A better method, sure.

Stop allowing two totally incompatible cultures to live in the same city, town or area.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joneselius

A better method, sure.

Stop allowing two totally incompatible cultures to live in the same city, town or area.

Yeah because cultural segregation worked so well in the past.

Yeah let's start our own Muslim apartheid.

Honestly the stuff that I have been reading on ATS in the last few hours just remind me of how right wing and ignorant a lot of members are

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

If you wish to further fuel for religious extremism, then by all means, go forward with this.

Huge disagreement with Trump saying this during his campaign and disagree with you now. Killing innocents because innocents were killed because innocents were killed is madness.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Every single time a terror attack shocks the public, more stupid ideas fly.

You can't kill an ideology. Attacking family members of terrorists will only inflame the situation. The only solution is to let the citizens arm and defend themselves with little regulation. Let people be responsible for their own safety.
edit on 23-5-2017 by BELIEVERpriest because: typos

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your better idea for deterring the next attack(s) is/are.... WHAT?

link   
eh to be fair i think either we or the vietkong did this during the vietnam war think it was the vietkong. they would find a village that usa was helping or working with and just kill every one in it not sure how effective it would be

link   
I mean, if you're going to have peace you can't have Muslims. Anywhere they go, they bring crime, death, rape and more. Multiculturalism doesn't work.

link   
Frankly, I doubt that someone who would blow themselves up in defense of an ideology cares much about anything other than said ideology. In other words, no, I don't think your idea would work.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I disagree entirely. This will merely further alienate moderates, driving them to extremism. Crackdowns upon the innocent tend to do that.

No, instead what you do is cut the head off the snake. Eliminate the ones spreading and supporting this ideology and it will die.

Unfortunately that means going after Saudi Arabia directly, and it'll be a cold day in hell before the West breaks from their petrodollar puppet masters.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Your better idea for deterring the next attack(s) is/are.... WHAT?

I find it funny that some people think you can stop attacks like this

We have deterrents built within our laws, it harsh enough in my view but we have them.

You will never stop terrorist attacks, never, it would be like trying to stop murder for ever happening, it's just not going to happen

Pretty sure though that if you start killing their innocent families you are only going to make them more determined

Again utterly stupid idea
edit on 23-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Same logic as 'losers'.
edit on 5/23/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Don't bother, if you call out a stupid idea for being stupid, you'll get called an apologist or leftist or liberal or some other insult.

Denying ignorance is no longer allowed here

Sadly people are reaching breaking point though and they believe extremism deserves extreme reactions no matter the cost, I don't blame them for this though, it is what it is.

What happened 70 years ago is completely different to what some people would call for now, or at least that's what they'd like us to believe

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

May 23, 2017

Does anyone doubt that beyond their "cause", most terrorists care about nothing else but their families?

Take the Manchester, England bomber, Salman Abedi for example. Yesterday, this 22 year-old thug murdered 22 people and injured +120 more.

From this article: www.thesun.co.uk... , the below information is relative to this thread...

""Salman Abedi parents are currently in Libya, and are thought to have moved back to live there recently, the family member said.
Abedi and his brother have been living in their parent's house which was raided on Tuesday.""

If the United Kingdom were to kill, or jail, one or more relatives of Salman Abedi, and broadcast this punishment to the terrorist world, in my opinion, it would DETER many existing, and would-be, terrorists from conducting these insane mass-murders.

Every year, COUNTRIES kill thousands of civilians in air-raids and shoot-outs around the globe. This "collateral damage" is treated as "acceptable losses", toward achieving some overall objective.

If the objective is to deter terrorists from killing innocent adults and children, wouldn't punishing a relative(s) of the attacking terrorist(s), go a long way towards achieving that objective? After all, if they love anybody on this planet, it would most likely be a close relative.

ATS family, if you can think of a better method for significantly reducing terrorism ASAP...potentially saving innocent lives in the near term, while the existing long-term "war on terror" continues, please share.

-CareWeMust

From my friends accounts that lived in those regions.

The recruiters seek out the really poor.
Promise the suicide bomber a beautiful new life with plenty for the family.
Lots of Americans have done this when faced with financial troubles.

The difference being most Americans tend to just off themselves. And try to make it look like a accident.

Hold the families accoutable, friends, clergy, people with names that are similar to theirs, and guaranteed. ...they will start policing themselves much more effectively.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

a reply to: JinMI

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

Possible being the operative word there. What I describe has history as proof.

When you begin to justify killing innocent humans, you become that which you are attempting to eradicate.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

And reading replies like yours reminds me of why this problem will never go away.

Why would you force people to live with someone who's ideology tells them that your way of life is totally profane and an insult to their creator? Then, in the same way, force the people who are profane to accept that they're profane! Not only that but then MAKE CRITICISM OF THAT IDEOLOGY A CRIME.

You're an idiot. Plain and simple, your reply was simple minded and deserves to be laughed at.

I'm not advocating white and black segregation here, I'm advocating that living near people who are taught to HATE US is a little uncomfortable.

At least put a secular observe in EVERY mosque (and church, if you want) to see what's going down.

Oh wait that would reveal something wouldn't it. Can't go invading that privacy, especially from the hate filled pulpits of the east.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: RalagaNarHallas
eh to be fair i think either we or the vietkong did this during the vietnam war think it was the vietkong. they would find a village that usa was helping or working with and just kill every one in it not sure how effective it would be

I've read where the Russians are known for this method of deterrence. In 2015, Russia had 21 terrorist attacks, to 115 attacks in the U.K..

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Punish the relatives of the criminal?!?!? Would you want to be punished for someone else's crime? This is a really bad idea. You would not want to live in a society like that. I hope you are just trolling this topic.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join