It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IMO - Time to Start Punishing Families of Attacking Terrorists.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Simply have a public beheading and put their heads on a pike on the Tower Wall.

While we are at it we could also burn suspected witches..
edit on 23-5-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: JinMI

a reply to: JinMI

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

Well, considering how in Syria there are reports that female fighters for the opposition abandoned their children to die so they could fight for their cause. No, they don't.

Watch the Vice Documentary about the Islamic State. The press officer they speak to literally says that his family is of secondary importance to the cause he is fighting for.
Possible being the operative word there. What I describe has history as proof.

When you begin to justify killing innocent humans, you become that which you are attempting to eradicate.

Perhaps the "Mutually Assured Destruction" methodology that has prevented WWIII, can be applied to terrorists.

Think about that. Given the information so far on ISIS, would they care?

Dealing with this type of enemy is a multi-staged process. There is no simple way.
They were forged from bad policies and slanted religious views.
Death is what they want for others as well as themselves.
Reason need not apply.

I refer to M.A.D. in this sense as "You kill or maim our citizens, your family is treated with equal punishment". Are you saying that terrorists don't even care about their families?

Well, as there are reports that female fighters for the opposition in Syria simply abandoned their children to die so they could fight for their cause, no they don't care.

Watch the Vice documentary on the Islamic State. The press officer himself says that his family is of secondary importance to the cause he is fighting for.
edit on -050006pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nope.
They sacrifice for religion.
Allah first.
Not family.

That would make us as bad as them. Punishing innocent family members ...really?

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

It's a disturbing premise, I must admit.

But maybe we need to go there.

I'm still very angry at what happened, is happening all over the world.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:00 PM
link   

May 23, 2017

Does anyone doubt that beyond their "cause", most terrorists care about nothing else but their families?

Take the Manchester, England bomber, Salman Abedi for example. Yesterday, this 22 year-old thug murdered 22 people and injured +120 more.

From this article: www.thesun.co.uk... , the below information is relative to this thread...

""Salman Abedi parents are currently in Libya, and are thought to have moved back to live there recently, the family member said.
Abedi and his brother have been living in their parent's house which was raided on Tuesday.""

If the United Kingdom were to kill, or jail, one or more relatives of Salman Abedi, and broadcast this punishment to the terrorist world, in my opinion, it would DETER many existing, and would-be, terrorists from conducting these insane mass-murders.

Every year, COUNTRIES kill thousands of civilians in air-raids and shoot-outs around the globe. This "collateral damage" is treated as "acceptable losses", toward achieving some overall objective.

If the objective is to deter terrorists from killing innocent adults and children, wouldn't punishing a relative(s) of the attacking terrorist(s), go a long way towards achieving that objective? After all, if they love anybody on this planet, it would most likely be a close relative.

ATS family, if you can think of a better method for significantly reducing terrorism ASAP...potentially saving innocent lives in the near term, while the existing long-term "war on terror" continues, please share.

-CareWeMust

Why could you not take your ideas forward by first changing your member name here, since it means feck nothing.
Nobody is going to bomb this tiny country into oblivion for starters.
Al you want is a selfish desire to protect yourself by demonising innocent people along with the guilty, some old trick as Hitler tried and many before him...go back to your Breitbart friends and talk the shiite there. Your Craic is not welcome here.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I think we may have an intelligence/enforcement problem. There are "lists" and "watched subjects" that they surely know about. Why do we generally find out about this AFTER an attack?

link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How would you feel if your own people get killed for no reason? Yeah you got it. REVENGE.
So killing innocent people will breed MORE terrorism.
Any other bright idea?

If I were contemplating blowing myself up at a music festival, but received word that my relatives would be punished if I was identified as the bomber, I would change my mind. Wouldn't you?

If you believe this you know very little about the workings of the radicalised mind or their beliefs. One if the big things is that a martyr is that the believe they are also securing a place in paradise for their closest friends and relatives.

You're right. I know NOTHING of how the radicalized mind works. Thank-you for that insight!

link   
I find it tragically comical that given any criticism of Islam, it always, ALWAYS comes back to a direct correlation with Christianity, it's almost like the 'secular' people on the these boards can't help it.

We're not discussing Christianity here, are we. Was this man a Christian? NO.

Was he, once again, an Islamic extremist, yes! Case closed on that issue, get over it.

Don't go back 800 YEARS to find a correlation, one exists right now, it's called the Koran.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Nations kill innocents every time they drop a bomb on a target. At least my method is a SURGICAL method of possible deterrence.

Possible being the operative word there. What I describe has history as proof

When you begin to justify killing innocent humans, you become that which you are attempting to eradicate.

Perhaps the "Mutually Assured Destruction" methodology that has prevented WWIII, can be applied to terrorists.

Think about that. Given the information so far on ISIS, would they care?

Dealing with this type of enemy is a multi-staged process. There is no simple way.
They were forged from bad policies and slanted religious views.
Death is what they want for others as well as themselves.
Reason need not apply.

Yeah, uh this is trumps fault! He said during the second to the last debate, he had a 90 day plan to wipe out ISIS, A very "good" plan!!! He then pointed at Hillary and said she had no plan....Yeah how did that work out for trump supporters??? So yeah another promise broken!!! He cant take it back, its what he said!!
edit on 23-5-2017 by kurthall because: fix

edit on 23-5-2017 by kurthall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Terrorists use our laws, our societal morality to hide behind.

They have no regard for law, for civilized behavior.

link   
a reply to: smurfy

Oh...Are you a BIG WIG that everyone respects and listens to? Like Jesus, or someone similar?

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

How would you feel if your own people get killed for no reason? Yeah you got it. REVENGE.
So killing innocent people will breed MORE terrorism.
Any other bright idea?

If I were contemplating blowing myself up at a music festival, but received word that my relatives would be punished if I was identified as the bomber, I would change my mind. Wouldn't you?

Uh you seem to forget that they don't care about the relatives.
But anyway killing women and children will only make them madder. Please think a bit more because you are embarrassing yourself by your lack of understanding of revenge.

edit on 5/23/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Your better idea for deterring the next attack(s) is/are.... WHAT?

I somehow doubt anyone here is qualified to answer that.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I think we may have an intelligence/enforcement problem. There are "lists" and "watched subjects" that they surely know about. Why do we generally find out about this AFTER an attack?

Simply put there is no law against being a radical extremist.

If your plot hasn't been uncovered they can't arrest you for nothing...
Then it happens and... well...
People say, "he was known"...

Well yeah, he was known...

But he hadn't done anything illegal...

That's abit of a lengthy reply I know but it's the simplest way I could answer your question.

link   
a reply to: Deaf Alien

Punishing the terrorists, their families will make the terrorists mad?

Really?

Are we afraid of upsetting terrorists now?

link   

...and when that doesn't work? Cities? Entire countries? Oh, wait, we're already doing that...and how well is it working?

Here's another question. When they're home grown? Going to kill the families then, too? Entire cities? Your own people?

Really?

Forgive me if I don't see the merit.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

LOL..even us ardent Trump supporters didn't believe that! Wipe out ISIS in 90 days... come on. Only Democrats believe all of their candidate's rhetoric.

edit on 5/23/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

link   

a reply to: Deaf Alien

Punishing the terrorists, their families will make the terrorists mad?

Really?

Are we afraid of upsetting terrorists now?

It would eventually turn all Muslims against us.

It is a stupid idea.

link   
Well if this isn't a total gangbanger tit-for-tat revenge mentality. Ask any given pair of gangs in a rivalry how that works out for them when Joe kills Bob's family because Tom shot Joe's sister. Then apply that lack of logic to larger populations and see how retarded it still is.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Sure as hell worked in Dresden.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join