It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want a Matthew McConaughey pic? 80 bucks please

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
so he is in cleveland filming a movie. a couple days ago he came to our community college. this is just outside of cleveland. not sure why he came to this one but he did.
i wasnt there but a girl that goes to school there works part time with my wife and she was telling her about this.

all the students had to hand in their cell phones before being allowed to go into the auditorium where he was and apparently they were told that if they wanted a picture of him it would be $80.

thats crazy.

according to the wikipedia he is worth 95 million dollars.....
he is worth 95 million because of his fans that want to see his movies so why tax them like this?

i can understand these has been dudes that show up at comic cons do do signings and such cause that is now their source of income. i wouldnt pay 25 bucks for a pic but i get it.

i dont get a guy like McConaughey that is killing it right now(like him or not he is) with movies and endorsements to be charging his fans 80 bucks for a pic..

he endorses scotch or tequilla or some # and GM maybe. ive seen his commercials..
what do you think about that?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
You could probably get a real dartboard for that money.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Yeah, that's BS, what a prick. I mean, maybe he wants to keep people away and from hounding him by asking for pictures? And that no one could bring phones inside?

I know some actors, and some are very appreciative to take photos with fans (unless they're on set/working), and others want nothing to do with fans at all...but I've never seen them try to charge fans for #.

Unreal.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Yeah, that's BS, what a prick. I mean, maybe he wants to keep people away and from hounding him by asking for pictures? And that no one could bring phones inside?

I know some actors, and some are very appreciative to take photos with fans (unless they're on set/working), and others want nothing to do with fans at all...but I've never seen them try to charge fans for #.

Unreal.

yeah seems not cool to me

he has been seen at whole foods in cleveland and a bowling alley in lakewood. of course people snapped pics while he was out and about.
he came to the college for a reason so i would assume it was to speak...not sure the topic. maybe playing bongos naked in a hotel....not sure
but yeah. no phones and 80 for a pic

thats a major dick move i think....if you want a pic of him or with him its cause youre a fan of his #. not cool to tax people like that
just my opinion

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
wasnt a hotel

www.eonline.com...

Police went to the actor's house around 3 a.m. after a neighbor complained of loud music. According to the police report, an officer looked in a window, saw the actor dancing around naked and playing bongo drums, while another man clapped.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That's why some of us LA residents can't stand the Hollyweirdos. (Yes I know there are nice ones but a lot of them tend to act high and mighty).

During the Academy awards, many of them make political statements in places where they don't belong:

edit on 5/21/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I have hired Jimmie "JJ" Walker a few times.

He wants a hundred bucks to say Dyn-O-Mite.

I told him if it was the only funny thing I ever said in my life,

I would learn to fart it in 15 different languages.

We eventually became friends though...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

%$-him.

He can act-in the scheme of things big whoop.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

I SERIOUSLY doubt he's worth 95 MILLION. Major, major stars of film, tv arent worth that much after 30-50 years in the business.

Wikipedia is not a 100% credible source...and USER submitted info. Still, the charging isnt unusual at events like auto shows and comic-con type events.*

* I did cross-check 7 sources and his worth ranges from 50 low to 95 million high end. If he loses any endorsement deals or ex's seek more $$, that will drop considerably.

* Additionally...you usually have to pay $10-20 to have a picture taken of your kid with Santa at the malls....
edit on 21-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I only charge 20.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Capitalism....Business as usual in America!!

Take that commie talk elsewhere.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I once offered someone 100 dollars and all I heard was, "WHO ARE YOU? GET OUT OF MY BATHROOM!"

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
He probably knows there are a number of people who will turn around and eBay those pics for more than $80.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Matthew McConaughey In South Park

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Can't believe that a Hollywood elite is discriminating against the poor.
Gotta be a fake story......hahaha

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
alright, alright, alright.

(just wrote a check so I could say that)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Seeing how this was Matthew McConaughey that 80 bucks paid for both the pic and a "free" sample of weed? This is just like athletes that charge for their autographs they do it because they are greedy aholes.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Rifftrax didn't take it as easy on him.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   
An improper angle of the receding hairline could last forever on the internets when you are paid to be looked at for a living.

This is serious stuff

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Guess how much a Rob Zombie pic and autograph costs?

I wish I was famous instead of being so damn good lookin.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join