It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

want a Matthew McConaughey pic? 80 bucks please

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I have no problem with him being a hustler. I don't really know the circumstances around it so I wont judge just yet. If he is just grubbing money like this, it's not something I find moral. To each his own but don't try to shake my hand if you're doing something like that just yourself.
edit on 21-5-2017 by Antipathy17 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

I SERIOUSLY doubt he's worth 95 MILLION. Major, major stars of film, tv arent worth that much after 30-50 years in the business.

Wikipedia is not a 100% credible source...and USER submitted info. Still, the charging isnt unusual at events like auto shows and comic-con type events.*

* I did cross-check 7 sources and his worth ranges from 50 low to 95 million high end. If he loses any endorsement deals or ex's seek more $$, that will drop considerably.

* Additionally...you usually have to pay $10-20 to have a picture taken of your kid with Santa at the malls....

i you is god damn agent?
so its not 95 million its 50...bfd man

the point is dude is a stupid rich and is charging fans 80 a hit...thats #ty

santa at the mall is not rich

this is not comic con and i addressed that in my first post

and i can believe he is worth 95 million. he has been acting for a long time. he has endorsements and i would not be surprised if he has his own production company

these days movie stars are taking salary reductions up front for points on the back end and raking it in. 95 million is no stretch.
he has been in some huge movies and if he produced or co produced any of them the stacks get bigger
edit on 21-5-2017 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Antipathy17

I have no problem with him being a hustler. I don't really know the circumstances around it so I wont judge just yet. If he is just grubbing money like this, it's not something I find moral. To each his own but don't try to shake my hand if you're doing something like that just yourself.

i told you the circumstances around it...

i dont know if me saying i have a problem with it is the right word cause i have no right to. i just feel like it is #ty.
he is famous cause of the fans...to charge them that much just seems like a dick move.
nothing wrong with getting your hustle on but if youre stupid rich like that you dont have to hustle kids at the community college you know?

reminds me of sports dudes that charge their fans for autographs and such...not illegal and of course they can it just seems like a dick move to me.
but hey, he is just L I V I N

CX

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Some people just never have enough money. A bit sad really.

We need more celebs like British comedian Johnny Vegas...sold his wedding pics to the Viz comic for a quid!

Johnny Vegas sells wedding pics for a quid

CX.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

It's hearsay and I am giving the benefit of the doubt. My issue is I don't believe you've presented a motive. Just because he is rich doesn't mean he can't earn money for a cause or himself. I wouldn't think too highly of him if was only doing it for personal gain but who the hell know.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
This gives me an idea. If I could charge the police for my mugshots I could probably make bail. If I could charge the city for taking my picture at red light cameras I could afford my auto insurance. Maybe I could charge my doctor and dentist for x-rays. While I'm at it, I think I'll send the DMV a bill.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Antipathy17

i never said he couldnt.
i just said imo it seems like a dick move.

i didnt think in a general chat opinion thread i needed to present evidence and facts and motive...

just a conversation man

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

these days movie stars are taking salary reductions up front for points on the back end and raking it in. 95 million is no stretch.

I'd do that if I could. But my agent and SAG frowns on those type of contracts. But it doesn't really matter as I get so few auditions anyway. Total IATSE now....Union strong, Union Proud.

Rockin in Tamalewood....

Did have a tiny union scale part in "Better Call Saul"
edit on 21-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I only charge 20.

I don't charge a dime to have my picture taken. The cops indirectly charge you a lot to take your picture.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

I dig the guy - True Detective all the way.

The only ideas I have are that he doesn't like having his picture taken much and that he might want to put people off.

$80 per photo is Ebeneezer Scrooge when he has the privilege of making some student's day.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

I dig the guy - True Detective all the way.

The only ideas I have are that he doesn't like having his picture taken much and that he might want to put people off.

$80 per photo is Ebeneezer Scrooge when he has the privilege of making some student's day.

he played one of the greatest characters of all time from any show on true detective.
rustin cohle is the #.

if he is trying to put people off wouldnt it be best just to say no pictures?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Hmm.. well I'm with Kandinsky above in that I really dig the guy's work. He's always seemed fairly legit as a human being as well.

Charging $80 for the priviledge of a pic does indeed seem laughable!

That said, I'm not sure that when he started acting he knew that it would evolve into a full time job as a public figure (I think the paparazzi can be thanked for that).
I wouldn't take the after hours bs for the world. Can you imagine being followed by crazed idiots with cameras everywhere?

Edit-- not that you or the other college kids are the idiots.. sorry.

I meant the tmz crowd
edit on 21-5-2017 by zosimov because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

On one hand he's doing the publicity thing and, on the other, he's saying no to photos. Doesn't make a lot of sense unless there's something contractual going on.

He's one of the few stars worth giving the benefit of the doubt to imo.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think that you don't understand how PR, junkets and speeches are handled. The money doesn't go to him, it goes to whomever paid to host him. I guarantee they are using those funds to reimburse the booking cost or thinning out the herd. The money was the school's idea and probably his agent's, as well
He's already either paid or willingly did it for the school. That's solid PR and a great publicist at work. Moreover, how many people came? Sometimes when celebrities visit places and allow photographs, they charge money to thin down the herd. Otherwise, Matthew would leave your school in roughly August after taking 291,551,936 pictures. Understand what I'm saying? My point is there are multiple reasons for the $80 charge but I guarantee you Matthew won't see a penny of it.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Matthew is a pretty cool guy. A little weird, but cool. I've seen him around town here in Austin a few times, though I've never spoken with him. His alma mater is University of Texas, and he is often seen at the football games, and on campus.

I agree that the charge for photos is probably a contractual thing, where the money doesn't go to Matthew. Either that, or he's giving the money to charity. He's pretty big on charity work.

www.insidephilanthropy.com...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   
100 bucks gets him a pic w me.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yep...youre right. Just making an observation...and while doing so I learned Leonardo DiCaprio is worth 245 million!!!! Crap....and I was just rolling up quarters!

I think Im in the wrong industry........Guess I could up my roll and be Santa this year at the mall...

Thanks as usual TST! Best.......MS

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PRSpinster

well that makes sense.
fair enough. i learned something.

i think maybe why i thought it was such a dick move was because he does not seem like a dick. i like his movies and he seems like a cool dude in real life. has a sense of humor. likes to blaze

so it bothered me you know?

thanks for telling me that

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yep...youre right. Just making an observation...and while doing so I learned Leonardo DiCaprio is worth 245 million!!!! Crap....and I was just rolling up quarters!

I think Im in the wrong industry........Guess I could up my roll and be Santa this year at the mall...

Thanks as usual TST! Best.......MS

i believe that too. has been in some serious movies and i know he owns a production company.

these days(and for a while now) movie stars are not just movie stars. they own production companies and they have endorsement deals. they have clothing lines or whatever....they have huge portfolios and the money is rolling in from many places.
like ole marky mark. he is worth about 250 mill.

i will notice in the credits of #..
first season of the blacklist was starring james spader.
season 2, starring james spader. produced by james spader...

they really figured out how to turn their cash into more cash.

i also know some stars are really #in big in japan with endorsements and such that we will never see.

back to mark

en.wikipedia.org...

Wahlberg has also served as executive producer of four HBO series: the comedy-drama Entourage (2004–11), the period crime drama Boardwalk Empire (2009–14), the comedy-dramas How to Make It in America (2010–11) and Ballers (2015–present). He is co-owner of the Wahlburgers chain and co-stars in the reality TV series about it.

so he was raking it in from those shows too. i dont know about ballers but boardwalk empire and entourage killed it

In 2012, he launched a line of sports nutrition supplements called Marked.[47] In March 2017, AT&T announced that Wahlberg would become a spokesman and he would create original content for the mobile network division. The deal would reportedly pay Wahlberg more than $10 million dollars

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

There are a number of them like him out there. They either charge you or don't give an autograph. Or tell you to pisz off. They are either actors or sports stars. Funny thing is I wonder if they realize you don't get out of life alive. Be remembered as an arsehole.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join