It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS fast becoming more political than conspiracy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Trumpism, Trumpish, Trumptastic, Trumpitics.

ATS is fast becoming more of a political site than a conspiracy one.

There doesn't and there wont, seem to be any let up in all things Trump.

Is it a good thing for ATS? The best conspiracy site there is?

edit on 21/5/17 by SecretKnowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretKnowledge

What conspiracies haven't been beat to death? Most of the time when I think of something to write a thread about, it has already been done more than once. Also when people do make threads about a conspiracy a lot of people just laugh at it. Probably puts a lot of people off from posting things.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

What about real life plausible conspiracies? As a history major in college, there are a ton of conspiracies in history, many involving intelligence agencies like the KGB and the CIA.

In fact I'm planning on making a thread relating to the KGB.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Some of the greatest conspiracies in history have been political in nature.

+11 more 
posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

ATS is fast becoming

Ats isn't doing anything...the members are.
Its user generated so maybe the members should be blamed instead of the site??

If people don't like it...it is up to you to make conspiracy threads instead of political ones.
edit on 21-5-2017 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
You didn't say trumptard
But you are right

I think that the US is the worlds kingdom will end soon
He is better than Hillary

I will never recover from the fact that the only two options were trump and her

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Democrats are deranged. They so worshipped Crooked Hillary they can't think about anything else. a reply to: SecretKnowledge

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
It has been nothing more than a hate filled political outlet, for some time now..
It's the reason I rarely visit the site now..

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I will say there are more threads about lack of conspiracy threads than there are conspiracy threads.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

ATS is fast becoming

Ats isn't doing anything...the members are.
Its user generated so maybe the members should be blamed instead of the site??

If people don't like it...it is up to you to make conspiracy threads instead of political ones.

Then can we ban the ones that derail those threads with political spin constantly?

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

The world may never recover from those only two options.
Considering that the USA has such global reach....it's scary.
I hope he's better than Hillary...even though he's an ass...

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I can understand your sentiment however I believe the reason that the focus has been angled this way is because this past election and everything since shows that we are reaching a culmination point.

The root of all of these conspiracy's that we discuss here all come back down the the elite core of globalists. America has been the hub of it and what we are witnessing now is unprecedented, assuming that Trump is not plan B. and we never had any kind of chance against the deep state.

Many of the conspiracies of the past have proven themselves, such as western intelligence funding radical Islam, fluoride being a neurotoxin, corruption at the highest level of government and their revolving door connections to corporations.

Really within this election we have seen so many leaks, from so many sources that it boggles the mind. People are still going through all of the material that has been leaked from Wikileaks, Shadow Brokers, and others.

I think the focus on Trump is because it appears that there is a war going on between intelligence, those on the side of freedom and those on the side of the NWO system of control.

It has taken me a long time to come to the belief that Trump is actually representing the side of good, the neoliberals and neocons have helped me in deciding this with their mutual agreement, as well as their echo chamber from the media and the global players as well.

We have never seen anything like this and sadly there are those who would prefer Clinton and her dark cabal and all that comes with it, we are walking on very thin ice and the world appears to know it.
edit on America/ChicagoSundayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531amSunday11 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Its an inevitable formality that ATS fall into the spectrum of MSM as the status quo MSM crumbles and looks for new shelter. The whole 'fake news' saga has clearly rung the bells of many of the MSM worshippers. Opinions on topics aside, people are not blind to the fact that the way news hits the end users is changing... essentially meaning that MSM is slowly finding its own demise.

Well, people will still need their news as there's certainly no shortage of it. Well, the movement of the MSM worshipers slowly shifting their presence into previously tainted 'conspiracy' areas is ever growing. The long term conspiracy theorist must shift their participation into one of 2 categories... either by acting as a guide to this new influx of MSM, or by going away to find a possible new comfy place for conspiracy debate to thrive. Conspiracy debate has pretty much gone away here because the bulk of members here are new and trying to spread their message. Maybe they want to learn more, but the bulk of new members only care to have their opinions displayed. I see it as making one self comfortable in another's home as they look for more credible avenues of ears than is offered through standard MSM channeling.

Please don't take personal offense if you've joined ATS in the last election cycle, but it's kind of hard to read a lot of what you all have to say. The OP is right... there is a complete lack of conspiracy around here, and the focus is too much on MSM stories. Personally, I will not type in a thread that has anything to do with MSM happenings that is politically motivated.

I came to ATS in the 2nd term of Bush. I ONLY read here for about 3 to 4 years before I felt as if I was not going against the grain of culture at ATS when I chimed in. Nowadays, there's people that have thousands of messages to their count and they only joined within the last year. Maybe they read for years on end like I say I did, but I doubt it.

I also feel there is a large crew of posters here that are only here to post to provide shade over a previous poster's knowledgeable post. I will see a thread go unspoken on for some time. Then I will see a historical member make a classic 'conspiracy driven' post, only to have some dink make a completely ignorant post immediately after it... like they just wanted to block the intelligent words of another member... to limit their chance of being seen by others.

I'd already be gone from ATS if it were not my only source of interweb communication. Honestly, I am not far off from cutting the cord entirely... I just have no desire to hold the hands of MSM worshippers as they look for safe grounds to debate.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

edit on 21-5-2017 by ttobban because: spelling

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

You didn't say trumptard
But you are right

or that despite all the outrage, there will probably only be two options on the next go around, as well.

le sigh

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

You didn't say trumptard
But you are right

There was actually two other people you could have voted for. I couldn't find their names with a simple Google search. They weren't invited to the debates so one really knew who they were.

But yeah. You had more of a choice.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

So ? I can't come up with a bigger conspiracy than Politics, whether it be local, state, or federal. It is our politicians who control the information about many of the conspiracies we wish to solve so a discussion on the battle for that information and those who control it are just as important.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Sorry you must have not gotten the memo.
ATS is no longer a sight dealing with the esoteric, conspiracy, ghosts, cryptids or bizzare topics. It is now all Trump all the time so please go ahead and contribute to any of the pro or anti Trump threads that litter the site. I'm sure if you wait a few minutes a virgin Trump thread will appear waiting for your contribution.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

ATS has been more about politics than other conspiracies ever since the US presidential race between Obama (for his 2nd term) and Mitt Romney back in 2012. The whole Mayan Doomsday flop began the end of taking any sort of other conspiracy seriously and with ATS eventually forbidding discussion of any conspiracy involving Sandy Hook that same year it chased a lot of people away who had previously posted regularly about all sorts of conspiracies. Then came a whole passel of posters who would just post a Youtube link along with a "What say you ATS?" and people whose answer to every conspiracy hypothesis was "Pics or it didn't happen" and many serious conspiracy posters left for greener pastures.

If you want better content post it yourself, but I warn you that as soon as you do someone else who is more "popular" will imitate your thread (and probably not doing nearly as good of a job) and steal all of your thunder reaping stars and flags while your thread goes virtually unnoticed. Just a pattern I've noticed lately as some really good threads posted by not well known members have been ignored while someone more well known will make a thread on the same subject a few hours later and garner all the kudos with a thread not nearly as well put together. But believe me when I say your thread will still be noticed and appreciated by those who care not for the name of the poster but for the content of the thread. JMHO.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Hillary started the whole thing with her "vast right wing conspiracy" memes.

Then came the ratcheting of the guillotines.

Exposures are not fun for the guilty parties.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: PolyCottonBlend

See... this post feeds my points. A brand new member that thinks that only Red/Blue are the only options. Clearly a member that heard of the ATS fad and jumped on board. Well, historical members of ATS don't care to hold the hands of these people. It's one thing to help a few people get acclimated to the conspiracy scene... but conspiracy theorists don't typically have a desire to attach themselves to anywhere that the 'normal people' dwell.

My 1st instinct was to not respond to such ignorant statements... I typically do ignore them. The only reason I responded was because the post correlated to the points I make about MSM finding refuge in a conspiracy site. It could be weeks on end of debating until someone pulls out of their comfort zones to provide conspiracy any credibility. I barely care what I think, so it's just a waste of time to debate with someone that thinks only Red/Blue are an option.
edit on 21-5-2017 by ttobban because: added comments...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join