It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Suddenly Finds Itself Covered In Dead Fish In Middle Of The Day – And No One Knows Why

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Fish falling from the sky or was this an elaborate prank?

Something fishy happened this week at Stanford Avenue Elementary School in Oroville.

A typical Tuesday took a turn for the weird just before noon when the campus was suddenly covered in dead fish.

They were everywhere, all over the playground, in drinking fountains – and as one custodian discovered, even on the roof.

School officials aren’t sure if it was some kind of prank or if it really rained fish.
sacramento.cbslocal.com...

Was it odd weather? Cali fish and wildlife say the kind of carp that fell on the campus are not from near by water sources.

Thunderstorms and wind spouts can sometimes pick up small fish from a waterway and carry them elsewhere, sometimes far from waterways.
The California Department of Fish and Wildlife believes the fish is a kind of carp and is not found in the nearby Feather River.

edit on 19-5-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Because of the location, and the report that the carp are not from nearby locales, I find it very bizarre.

If it did rain fish from the sky, what perplexes me is that the surrounding areas didn't get rained upon as well. Just this little spot?

It very well could be a prank, but the custodian's discovery of fish on the roof really puts the 'prank hypothesis' into serious question.

Thanks for posting this oddity, I always enjoy reading X-files cases here at ATS, including the more mundane ones such as this.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
"Oh my God, its raining fish and frogs." This will be interesting to follow up on. S&F good Friday to you.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Another extraterrestrial graduate student research project. I hate these guys! They are always messing with our minds!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Its aliens stealing our water, and dumping the waste from lower earth orbit

Hey this is a conspiracy theory website.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Very interesting...This is the town that had that dam collapse recently...Now fish all over an elementary school. Hard to believe it was a prank pulled off by any kids young enough to have gone to that school within I'd say probably the last 10years...So who would that leave to suspect if it was a prank...And why?
edit on 19-5-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

If it was a prank, someone went through a lot of trouble to put it to the "man".

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Someone should check to see if there are any lightspeed anomalies in the local area.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
It says no one actually witnessed:
1) Fish falling, or
2) Anyone suspicious around campus

The report does not indicate if there were fish found nearby at surrounding locations.
That information is important.

What we need now are analysis of the fish carcasses to see how they died and what circumstances surround it.

I am betting that an expert can determine if these were frozen or otherwise treated in such a way that it would indicate if they had been caught and processed in a marketplace, or if they appeared to be delivered straight from their habitat. There must be signs present in their organs/flesh which would help figure this out.

I say that because if it were determined they were frozen at some point than I'd go with the hoax hypothesis. If there were no indications of processing than it very well could have been some type of atmospheric event that brought them all the way to this area. Knowing how well distributed and over what area range they can be found laying about will also aid in this determination.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Carpnado?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

The extraterrestrial graduate student's research project was only funny on paper til his dad had a UFO with a water tight pick up bed and left the keys on the counter after having too many extraterrestrial rum and cokes. The rest is UFO history.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
If it rained fish you'd think there would be a witness. Also wouldn't they splat?

Interesting story nonetheless

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Very interesting...This is the town that had that can collapse recently...Now fish all over an elementary school. Hard to believe it was a prank pulled off by any kids young enough to have gone to that school within I'd say probably the last 10years...So who would that leave to suspect if it was a prank...And why?

Please tell us about the "can collapse", I am not informed about this (that I recall).
Would you mind informing me a little about this?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Seems it's a phenomenon:

Source

Not a prank.

mg

link   

originally posted by: FauxMulder
If it rained fish you'd think there would be a witness. Also wouldn't they splat?

They wouldn't necessarily splat. The size, weight, and structure of their bodies likely allows them to withstand impact far better than ours. Though I do believe there ought to be some form of trauma recognizable upon close inspection by an expert.

If it really was an atmospheric event that caused this, the air turbulence could also have slowed their falling speed down so they may not have even hit the ground at terminal velocity either. They could have fallen at perhaps 25% of terminal velocity and even at an angle (like 30degrees), so these factors would also lessen the impact energy involved.

link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

My smart phone thinking it knows what I mean to say along with my sometimes inaccurate typing creates some awesome spelling and grammatical mistakes lol...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

Depending on size, they could cause some serious damage.

If people were in the building, it would sound like the building was coming down, again depending on size.

No one seeing this is odd but not inconcievable, it could have happened at 4 AM.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Holy Mackerel

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I hate to be the voice of reason but could it be a funnel cloud chose that location to deposit the fish?

Seems likely or it could be a prank.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If a fish falls from the sky and nobody is there to see it, does it make a sound?

As first reported Thursday by television station KHSL in Chico, on Tuesday evening a storm passed over Stanford Avenue Elementary in Oroville. In its wake, much of the school’s campus was left covered in tiny dead fish.

mercurynews.com - Did it really rain fish in Northern California this week?

I love these Fortean events! To answer the Mercury News' question, "Yes it rained fish."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join