It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop It Conservatives You Aren't Being Disenfranchised

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   
Straight up facts:

33 of 50 Governors are Republican.

32 of 50 State Legislations are Republican controlled.

The House of Representatives is Republican Controlled.

The United States Senate is Republican Controlled.

The Office of the President is Republican controlled.

The conservative Sinclair Media has just acquired the Tribune Company adding to the already largest owner of local TV stations in the country.

CNN - Money
Reuters reported Sunday afternoon that Sinclair had prevailed in the auction. The news wire, also citing sources, said "Sinclair's offer values Tribune Media at around $44 per share." Tribune shares closed at $40.29 on Friday. The deal will be subject to government regulatory review. But the Trump administration has signaled that it will look favorably on media consolidation plays like this one. Sinclair is already the largest single owner of local TV stations across the country. Tribune owns dozens more Joined together, they'll have even more muscle in negotiations with cable, satellite and digital distributors.

Even with conservatives overwhelming the body-politic and controlling more of the media than ever before, there's still more diverse viewpoints than just 30 years ago.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: PistolPete

S&F. I don't know much about local stations in the US. Do they hate Trump as much as CNN?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you had any idea of the number of Fox affiliated stations on air in the US, you would know as well as I do how much of a lie the liberal biased media in America is.

Taken as a whole, and in context, a very decent percentage of the media is actually owned by right wing fundamentalists, econofascists and hyper capitalists, who like peddling the lies of individuals like Sean Hannity and, up until recently, everyones favourite liar, bigot and propagandist horndog, Bill O'Reilly.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

My, my, so adamant for someone that doesn't even live or vote here.

Anyway, the local stations have little power when the network owners are the ones that call the shots. Local talent just doesn't have the power of the personalities of CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS, etc. Every American with any sense knows that.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

Yes, I am adamant.

And geographic proximity means precisely nothing when it comes to these matters. The reach of the Murdoch press and its various affiliates in the US, does not differ simply because one sees it happen from afar. The reach and power of that organisation is fixed, regardless of the angle from which it is viewed!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Local media is mostly the same as MSM. The local "journalists" come from the same liberal schools, and are trying to work their way up. The only way to get ahead in that business is to walk the liberal path.

It's just like Hollywood. Any media, local or not, who dares to tilt right is shunned by their peers.

edit on 5/19/17 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Yes, I am adamant.

And geographic proximity means precisely nothing when it comes to these matters. The reach of the Murdoch press and its various affiliates in the US, does not differ simply because one sees it happen from afar. The reach and power of that organisation is fixed, regardless of the angle from which it is viewed!

Still local stations doesn't control the news, the networks do.

Does your local station control what BBC puts out or just feed its fare to you?

Plus, since I thought everybody (the world over) knew that the major networks in the US favor the democrats, I don't see grounds for your argument. The deck is heavily stacked against conservative views except for Fox.

Anyway, I'm done here.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
All media that is not independent of mega corporations and/or super rich individuals are by far corrupt. In the US, almost all news are slanted. Yes Fox and it's affliates tends to slant right, but almost all other news networks lean left. There is no longer any fair news sources in the US and for the world for that matter. Unless they are independent, especially for political and geo-political news. News networks are just glorified mount peices for who ever controls them .. propaganda at it's worst. The only way we have a chance of really knowing what the hell is really happening is to read/watch multiple sources and decypher the propaganda from the real info. Even then what we get out of it may be flawed.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

What do you mean, except for Fox?

That is like saying that the US government is limited and reasonable, except for its law enforcement and intelligence agencies, its military industrial complex and its executive branch. Fox regularly tops all cable news viewer numbers, handily so, readership of Murdoch owned news print is higher than pretty much the rest of the market. But sure, lets just ignore Fox, because after all, its just one group of companies...ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Fox is the biggest deal out there, its the most read, its the most viewed, its talking heads are the most watched, its lies and blatant, phobic, pathetic, limp, fearful, terror scarred BS is the most consumed information in America. So again, there is not a problem with left biased media, because it is the least consumed therefore the smallest, not the largest driver of political activity and thinking. Fox is the biggest propaganda peddler in the United States, and the reaches the most eyeballs, so before you decide to discount Fox because it is outnumbered, you ought to actually pay attention to how many viewers it has, not how many outlets are carrying different biases.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

If you had any idea of the number of Fox affiliated stations on air in the US, you would know as well as I do how much of a lie the liberal biased media in America is.

Taken as a whole, and in context, a very decent percentage of the media is actually owned by right wing fundamentalists, econofascists and hyper capitalists, who like peddling the lies of individuals like Sean Hannity and, up until recently, everyones favourite liar, bigot and propagandist horndog, Bill O'Reilly.

are there more fox affiliates than left wing news sites? I'd be curious to see where you got your information from.
edit on 19-5-2017 by network dude because: s

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   
60+ million voters are being disenfranchised. We elected Trump to POTUS to go to DC and make changes, which he is trying and somehow still managing to be slightly successful despite 100% opposition. Just let the man do his damn job.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

This is so true and I'm SOOO tired of hearing the conservative persecution complex. They need to grow up and admit that THEIR party is causing the problems in the country. Not liberals. Every time I see a "what about [insert liberal bogeyman]?" deflection to a legitimate conservative concern shows an unwillingness to accept that their side is part of the problem.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

FoxNews may be the largest "Cable" news outlet. But most Americans still get their news from Local and Network TV News, most of those are left leaning. If you were to travel inside the US, most public places will have CNN, Bloomberg or MSNBC tuned-in their public areas with only a few showing FoxNews. The worst problem I see is, if you ask people on the street here in the US, most will know next to nothing about current events except for what they see on social media.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That is the wrong question, with respect.

The reality is, that if you combine all Murdoch entities together to show the spread of JUST the Murdoch controlled right wing bias press, you realise that since Murdoch and friends are not the only shows in town, where right biased media is concerned, AND that Fox reaches more eyes and ears than ANY of its competitors on ANY of the spectrum of political thinking, you have to accept that there is not a problem with left bias in the media. The right has the market cornered in the US, news wise.

Sure, there are more companies selling left bias, but none of them are selling very much of it, when compared with the massive hold Fox and other right biased media entities actually have over the market and over the thoughts and knowledge base of the population.

Also, it is worth mentioning that some center left media organisations, share affiliates with Fox, NBC for example. Look it up, go ahead! Even the allegedly center left, NBC are not free from the influence of Fox, and that says nothing of other outlets, like WorldNetDaily, and NewsMax, both of which are heavily right biased. Fox ON ITS OWN is a market leader, the market leader across all news media in America at present, in fact. If you also weigh in NewsMax and other contributors on the right, it becomes pretty clear that the bias in the media comes largely from the right, with left biased media only picking up those who are too smart for Fox, but too dumb to turn the television off entirely.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

And no one is actively watching those televisons joemoe. They are not getting emotionally invested, because it is not their favourite television news. They distrust it, swear at the newscaster maybe, but people CHOSE their bias, and they want more of that violently phobic, tyranny supporting, freedom and liberty hating, anti-constitutional hate dressed up as nationalism, that comes from the right biased media. It gets them off.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yup all those liberal big cities are doing great! Any problem is easily excused away by evil rich white men.a reply to: Krazysh0t

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would say that the bias comes from both sides. The vitriol from the Left is just as bad as those from the Right. I think people want to be blind to that because for what ever reason they want to believe. Still in the US, if people want to consume news, they will likely get it more from Local TV and Network TV News than they do "Cable". There is no free and fair news outlet anywhere in the world. The best we can do pick and choose what we want to believe.

link   
Nationally, Fox leans right, the rest lean left.(some more than others)

More people watch Fox than any other network by far, but the rest put together split the country pretty evenly.
It's by design.
If fox viewership took a dive for an extended period of time, you would most likely see another news station start to swing right, to keep the balance. Keep us arguing at the water cooler about abortion and racism, instead of demanding more from our politicians.

Local news reports the news, mostly.
They don't have round table discussions where they can sway the opinions of the masses. They don't even reach the masses.
Their job is to tell you the traffic, weather and what baby died in what fire in what city.

link   
a reply to: WUNK22

Way to strawman. No one said anything of the sort. Republicans are in charge. THEY are the ones in charge of the solutions. So if the solutions aren't working it isn't the liberals' fault.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

It's the damn liberal media ruining everything in this country!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join