It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop It Conservatives You Aren't Being Disenfranchised

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Don't hold your breath. I have never heard a right winger admit they are wrong or take responsibility for a failed public policy position. For the people who are always "right" they are always "right"!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete
Even with conservatives overwhelming the body-politic and controlling more of the media than ever before, there's still more diverse viewpoints than just 30 years ago.

This is a great comment. The CEOs who own all these media companies are hardly communists!

When any TV outlet has shows organizing workers and calling for strikes, then and only then, will I concede we have left wing media in this country.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Don't worry. I'm not counting on it either. There's ALWAYS a goal post that can be relocated before admission of fault will occur.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

Again, when the liberal media reaches more eyes and ears than the fundamentalist right does, which it is a LOOOOOOOOOONG way off of at present, then get back to me with a complaint about heavy liberal bias ruining the country.

Its bloody laughable to do it now!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   
one problem with all the hand wringing here... a large percentage of those numbers have occurred over the last 8 years, its called the more people felt they were not heard the more they got out and voted you know the way things are supposed to work.

its been quoted more than a few times about the 1000 or so seats lost at local, state, and federal level over the last 8 years, that the democrats lost.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
its been quoted more than a few times about the 1000 or so seats lost at local, state, and federal level over the last 8 years, that the democrats lost.

The election happened in November. That is over half a year ago. Current events have progressed quite a bit since then. Harping on the election over and over again just shows you are stuck in the past. Right now Republicans are FLEEING Town Halls or even considering not having them altogether because of outrage over the AHCA.

This is the SAME pattern that you brought up in your first paragraph that led to the Democrats losing all their seats in Congress except it is working against the Republicans this time. Beating the tired and dead "The Democrats lost the election" horse is a PRIME example of what the OP is talking about with this thread. You are ignoring the very REAL shifting political views in this country that are happening now to focus on what happened half a year ago.
edit on 19-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Did you somehow miss this?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

That's the thing, I believe that liberal media do reach more eyes than conservative ones. I could be wrong of course but heres the research according to Pew.

57% of U.S. adults often get TV-based news, either from local TV (46%), cable (31%), network (30%) or some combination of the three. This same pattern emerges when people are asked which platform they prefer – TV sits at the top, followed by the web, with radio and print trailing behind.

Here in the US "Local TV" stations are affiliated with the following networks ABC, CBS, NBC, PBS, and Fox with a few exceptions. All but Fox lean Left. ABC, CBS and NBC are the leading local news in the morning and evening. So if most people are getting their news from Local TV there are more Left leaning choices than the one conservative one.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Well duh... captain obvious...

Conservatives were disenfranchised thats what lead to 1000 fricking seats being lost by the democrats...

Now the democrats will show up in the mid terms... that is how things have cycled for decades as people fall for the same old the other team will be different THIS time..

Until people stop falling for the shell game nothing is going to change...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And once again, right biased media is reaching more eyeballs and ears, than the left biased, anti-trump news that you are pointing at. It does not matter how many people are making it, because people are not watching nearly as much of that, as they are consuming right biased media, by choice mind you, in your country.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: joemoe

NBC have affiliates who also have involvement with Fox entities, and I will say this ONE MORE TIME...

THERE IS NOT JUST ONE CONSERVATIVE OPTION! Fox has controlling stakes in MASSES of American news media, not just the stuff which carries its name at the top right of the screen! Good lord, look it up for yourself! Fox has its mitts on far more than it lays overt claim to!

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

So what does this mean? Why are they hating on their President?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

What right-biased media are you talking about? The only one is the Fox cable channel and only old retired people watch that and their numbers are dwindling fast. Fox is in a ratings debacle.

The local channels are all ABC/CBS/NBC affiliates and they toe the leftist parent line. There are local Fox affiliates but they have no content and are so cartoonish no one watches them.

Maybe you havent visited the States lately?

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

That is a whole other question.

I would consider it a far more telling one, were there much less to loathe about the impotent weasel, but as it is, I cannot be surprised in the least.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

No, you are incorrect. Again, Fox has its fingers in more of the media pie than you are aware of, clearly. And as for ratings, you are talking out of your rear end. Just last year, Fox was the all conquering champion, the most watched cable news, beating everyone else in the runnings witless.

Try again.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Conservatives were disenfranchised thats what lead to 1000 fricking seats being lost by the democrats...

Now the democrats will show up in the mid terms... that is how things have cycled for decades as people fall for the same old the other team will be different THIS time..

If only more conservatives would give me these responses versus the typical knee jerk "nothing to see here!" reactions I usually get. I don't even mind the sarcasm.

Actually I feel like that is a myth that Trump has disproven with his election. Sure there are only two main parties and for the most part there are two competing political affiliations, but the dynamic of what makes those opinions up changes and is flexible. Currently there are two separate forces in the GOP. The far right conservatives and the more moderate ones. And despite the current Democrat uniformity as a minority party, there are two factions in the Democrat party. The far left Bernie faction and the more moderate Obama faction.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Six companies own the MSM in the US. Fox is a relatively small component. And yes, Fox HAD good ratings, but havng lost Oreily and other scandals is taking them down.
www.axios.com...
en.m.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

With all due respect to you TrueBrit, being here in the US, I just do not see that on the ground. FoxNews may dominate cable, but my theory to that is that the people who gravitate to FoxNews are probably trying to escape the left tainted opinions on their local news. I can tell you every morning and evening, I can channel surf the news and all except Fox affiliated stations are towing the left's propaganda (and from my location I can get networks form 3 cities). I do not like any of them including Fox, but from what I see here on my TV, it's very left leaning (I have no cable, never felt the need to pay to watch more BS).
edit on 19-5-2017 by joemoe because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

exactly,
a lot of people were unhappy with the way things were progressing under the Obama administration that`s why the democrats lost so many seats in the last 8 years.
All those lost seats in 8 years SHOULD have been a big red flag to the democrats that they weren`t going to win the presidency in 2016,but they preferred to remain blind and believe their own fake polls that said they were more loved than santa clause.

all those lost seats prove that in the last 8 years ,on a local level in a lot of places, the democrats were not very popular.
if the democrats stay the course that they have been on for the last 8 years, they will lose more seats in the 2018 election.
They need to wake up and see what`s happening outside of the big east and west coast cities.

posted on May, 21 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Well I became a very busy person after I posted this thread. Much thanks to Truebrit and Krazy for defending the premise!

The problem is, Tardacus, that so many districts were Gerrymandered, which is a real thing, that you can't blame that on policy. I'm not saying that the Democrats didn't royally # up, but my Congressman is a 4 hour drive away. I live in Pennsylvania. That's a joke.

edit on (5/21/1717 by PistolPete because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join