It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Encounter in Northern Arizona

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Back in 2012 I was working at a local tribal govt office when I met an individual that I knew and I remembered a story told the previous winter before, at a gathering at his home. The gathering was a ceremony that was being held for this man,who had fallen sick but for why, was a very interesting story.

The man had gotten sick and had a medicine man diagnose him, via remote viewing (another story in itself), and said he had encountered something that had made him sick and prescribed a specific ceremony was to be done to cure him. He told his story of how one night earlier that winter, he went to get more firewood near his Hogan (Hoe-gone) and he saw a light in the distant. Thinking It was illegal wood haulers making wood at night, despite no roads in that direction he dismissed it. When he saw it approach a clearing, he saw that it was not someone and it came towards him.

He saw it approach and realized he could not move. Seeing a disc with lights along the perimeter, it released a fog which he inhaled because he could not move. He said it smelt like metal (copper or welding of metal) and took a big whiff while watching. The medicine man told the inhalation of it gases had cause his sickness, despite no diagnosis or explanation of his condition by medical doctors. His health had deteriorated and this ceremony was performed that night and he had recovered in the following weeks. When I saw him he was in good health and that is when I remembered this story, told to me by those who went to that ceremony that night.

This being a Class 2 Close Encounter by its details, it is the most recent UFO encounters I've heard here in my local town. Their are other stories but don't get told, because this sort of thing is expected (sickness) and there are remedies for these situations (ceremonies). The involved have no knowledge of what they experienced and what broader impact it has on society... especially here on ATS...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroOne
Back in 2012 I was working at a local tribal govt office when I met an individual that I knew and I remembered a story told the previous winter before, at a gathering at his home. The gathering was a ceremony that was being held for this man,who had fallen sick but for why, was a very interesting story.

The man had gotten sick and had a medicine man diagnose him, via remote viewing (another story in itself), and said he had encountered something that had made him sick and prescribed a specific ceremony was to be done to cure him. He told his story of how one night earlier that winter, he went to get more firewood near his Hogan (Hoe-gone) and he saw a light in the distant. Thinking It was illegal wood haulers making wood at night, despite no roads in that direction he dismissed it. When he saw it approach a clearing, he saw that it was not someone and it came towards him.

He saw it approach and realized he could not move. Seeing a disc with lights along the perimeter, it released a fog which he inhaled because he could not move. He said it smelt like metal (copper or welding of metal) and took a big whiff while watching. The medicine man told the inhalation of it gases had cause his sickness, despite no diagnosis or explanation of his condition by medical doctors. His health had deteriorated and this ceremony was performed that night and he had recovered in the following weeks. When I saw him he was in good health and that is when I remembered this story, told to me by those who went to that ceremony that night.

This being a Class 2 Close Encounter by its details, it is the most recent UFO encounters I've heard here in my local town. Their are other stories but don't get told, because this sort of thing is expected (sickness) and there are remedies for these situations (ceremonies). The involved have no knowledge of what they experienced and what broader impact it has on society... especially here on ATS...

Was it up by Gallup, NM?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
This is near Page, AZ to the south. The elevation is about 6500 ft in a wooded area made of cedar and juniper trees. The area is around a local geological site known as White Mesa. a reply to: Violater1

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZeroOne
This is near Page, AZ to the south. The elevation is about 6500 ft in a wooded area made of cedar and juniper trees. The area is around a local geological site known as White Mesa. a reply to: Violater1

These are the reports that made ATS famous. And the reason why I came here.
9 flags

ATS needs to change it's name to APS, All Political S#i@!
I've been assigned in Az before and I've heard of many UFO stories.
Thank you for your contribution.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
I found ATS about '03 or '05 and it was a good source on alternative topics and discussions. It broaden my knowledge of the unknown and love its topics. It went down hill since the '08 election, now i just blaze by the front page and head straight to searching the forums.

Since I got a lot of time maybe now maybe I'll expand on this story, or give more context.

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: ZeroOne
When I was in Phoenix (actually Paradise Valley), I had talked to several people that had seen a V-shaped craft overhead. It was fascinating to here their recollections.
While in Flagstaff, some of the locals had told me about lights that were frequently seen on the tops of some of the mountains. One early morning, I did see some lights and recorded them.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I've got another story. This one occurred in the winter of '97 after the Phoenix Lights event in march '97. My mother and brother were returning home from a ceremony dance that night. They were headed westbound on HWY 98 3-4 miles east Kaibeto. To the south of the HWY is White Mesa, to describe it, think of the White Cliffs of Dover but not as bright white. There is butte near the mesa, same height and material as thee mesa with a gap about 1000ft gap between, its often call the pickle jar based on its shape near the top.

My mother notice red lights in orbs between the mesa and the butte, she could see the light reflecting of the white walls of the gap. She woke her son to observe and get more details because she couldn't do so her self because she was driving. He got scared and refuse to look at the lights and for a 9 year old I understand. As she got closer by HWY she saw police lights approaching the area but her knowledge there is no road in the area. They got home and i was up watching TV and told us the event going on. From Kaibeto the gap is opposite the town so you can't see it from there. Everyone went to sleep, and the next day my brother came by saying there was radio chatter on the police dispatch from Tuba City Navajo Police. The exchanges were vague to the details but you could tell something was going down.

After this a few months went by and we had a horse that die and to not let good meat go to waste we decided to butcher it. Since it was a lot of meat we went looking for people interested in helping us. Not all people eat horse around here, its more an older and/or traditional generation that do so. The others have pretty much the same aversion to the idea of horse meat like most western cultures they been assimilated into. The family that showed up lived near this sighting and my mother asked if they saw anything. The old man told us the story of that night...

He said he went outside and he saw the lights to the south, from where he lives they had a good viewing angle of the gap between the meas and butte. He went back inside, thinking nothing of it, since I think many old people see these things but are not afraid or bothered by it. He went back outside again 30 minutes later and saw that it was still there, he went back inside and casually mention it and everyone inside came outside to look. They decided to call the police but they did not have a land line or any Utilities (Water/Power), some would have to go into town to make a call. Oh yeah this was "97 and "cellular" Phones were not that prevalent as they are now. Fear had set in and everyone but the old man, left and stayed at a relatives place in town. The old man went back inside and came out again to see if it was still there and it was this time the police had showed up and were trying to get to the area because of difficult terrain.

Today its one of those stories you tell when someone brings up there stories. I doubt there is a police report or the officers involed are retired or passed. I think many Older People see these events, especially those who still live out in the sticks living the old ways, not realizing what they see is important. Most play it off like they saw a deer or mountain lion, a natural phenomenon.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Amazing stories

The desert has such a beautiful atmosphere.

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am gonna expand on the medicine man/remote topic to give better context to the story. As ATSers I assume most of you know plenty or a least a gist of what it is. If you want a crash course in the Remote Viewing field, I suggest the Farsight Institute channel on Youtube. They explain the RV process in an scientific setting without all the hippy (druggy)/New Age stuff sprinkled on top.

So as far back as I can remember I've been to medicine men for personal ailments. You either seek them out and make and appointment (or if he's free, he or she can do it right there). You'll usually have a condition, especially if modern medicine cant diagnose it and they just give you pain pills and sent you on your way. You negotiate with him a price, anywhere from 10 to 50 bucks, then the session begins.

He will bring out items that are needed, mostly herbs for drinking (or smoking if your health permits). He will sing a song which lasts about and hour at which point, after a 5 minute pause, he will tell you what has caused the ailment. As a child I saw this and never thought that what i was seeing was Remote Viewing. He will describe what caused it, where, and a time frame of the event. At this point he may do a short prayer if you want (to stabilize your condition until the main ceremony), then recommends a specific ceremony or ceremonies to remedy the ailment. Some use different methods like quartz gazing (seen one use an actual quartz crystal ball), embers (gazing), gazing tea leaves in a cup, or physical contact with the person.

In context of the contactee, the diagnose was that the encounter he had was with a "lightening god" (Ancient Aliens?). Any unusual encounters with natural/elemental forces are consider bad as it messes up your balance which cause these mysterious symptoms. this could be wind, water, fire, animals, people (death, remains, and ghost), and the paranormal (you name it, I've seen it [bigfoot, possession, bewitching/curses] ).

like Farsight, some people have this ability naturally, and also it can be taught. Almost all people who have this gift in our society naturally go into this practice. Many are my blood relatives so maybe its genetic? (just my theory). Like energy it must be used and I've seen what happens when someone who does have it, refuses or fights it. A person I know did this and it is also a story in itself, maybe I'll tell that story in this thread later... gotta let the "wooo" factor cool down...

top topics

join