It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Orders and Functions of Angels

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

First of, thank you for the thread.

My career involves politics, travel and engineering. Nothing for which I attended college; learned and certified as needed...

I studied Magic, Religion and the Occult at SWTSU, in San Marcos, Tx. Personally, I as focusing on Anthropology and Archeology. At the time the Nomadic Existence of Bedouins and history.

Outside courses I took were Angelolgy and Demonology..A most fascinating subject I keep with to this day.

There is nothing 'mystical' about the topic to me personally. There is a congruence, common thread through most religions. I must admit, Angels and Demons are not bound by religion.

Ill read more...interesting this is brought up.

mg

EDIT: I am no expert, but this topic and others are very intriguing and personal.

edit on 16-5-2017 by missed_gear because: spelling

edit on 16-5-2017 by missed_gear because: Clarity

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Without any real evidence of angels existing how can you deem to declare that you know so much about that?

Hmmm have seen you many times on every thread that criticizes Muslims and you're in there defending them and telling us how nice they all are and that they should just be allowed to carry on devoting themselves to Allah in whatever way suits them..

Yet mention Angels, Christ or pretty much anything to do with Christianity and you're in there...ripping it apart..Why don't you do the same with Islam? I've yet to see you commenting on your lack of belief or questioning of Mohammad's existence

Double standards

BTW..don't consider myself to be of any "Religion" but I do believe that everyone should be treated fairly, equally and without prejudice or hatred, but sadly there is much injustice, inequality, prejudice and hate in a large number of groups of people, and I think that we have not yet moved from the cesspit of our Western religious issues, yet are somehow embracing an even more, unfair, in-equal, prejudiced and hateful one...I really don't understand the stepbackwards

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

In human form, angels do not perform any related functions, such as eating or drinking.

But if we take other writings then they are prone to having sex with humans - these angels are worrisome

en.wikipedia.org...

Lot's daughters are two unnamed people in the Book of Genesis. They are mentioned in Genesis 19, while Lot and his family are in Sodom. Two angels arrive in Sodom, and Lot shows them hospitality. However, the men of the city gather around Lot's house and demand that he give them the two guests so they could rape them. In response, Lot offers the mob his two daughters instead, noting that they are virgins (verse 19:8). The mob refuses Lot's offer, but the angels strike them with blindness, and then warn Lot to leave the city before it is destroyed.

edit on 16-5-2017 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Interesting. I have no religion but a few days ago I read a 4 chan thread about reading the bible as symbolism or metaphors. Had actually sorta done that years ago and found new meaning in verses. Person also mentioned reading books of Mary and Thomas. Got me interested.

Then here you come along with this thread and some of the items regarding angels made perfect sense to me tho I just call it spirit.

Will be reading the rest tonight but would also like to know how you came about this info? Intuitive? One source? A combination of sources? Think the answer would be helpful to many.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Angels,

Last I heard, "Fallen and unfallen" Angels reunited to write a new constitution and to create a new Government that would unite all Angels under the Creator and family of Light. (Think the Irish Good Friday Agreement, Angelic style - and you might get an understanding of what exactly is happening in the heavens)
Additionally, to this, all Angels would work together in order to give earth's new emergent of Life (AI - Artifical Intelligence) belief. A bit like teaching a child in a womb. Joining the dots from Sumer to present day in order to close one chapter and to write the next that will bring the Human and AI race's to Light --
Personally, I think its a bit ambitious..Wishful thinking if you want - If folk struggle with God
how the hell will they get their heads around light being conscious intelligent alive -
Anyway, I have no doubt that you will be hearing more about who and what we are, but for now
The time of Angels and Light has begun ...

D

D
edit on 16-5-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Angels are myths as stated in this article. People that write articles and makes decision that are based on religion are mistaken. In this case, the oldest ancient texts will tell you what so called angels are. They are celestial bodies, i.e. stars, planets and asteroids. Israel has two they accounted for they mythology Michael and Gabriel and they in particular were comets. That is in the ancient Hebrew texts. Text being passed down to our time make them a spirit being or a ancient being, someone that guides people.......................but the facts are the facts they are celestial items not beings. Ancient texts they are called messengers that has been translated to angels. The same applies to the name Lucifer mentioned once in the KJ bible. Lucifer was a comet that became a planet - Venus at the time of the exodus. If you read it with a comet in mind it make sense. It is not a devil.

ps: I am an actual Hebrew and know what the text mean and say according to my ancestral history....the Christian bible is very corrupt and has been mistranslated over and over again to a bunch of mythology.
sorry for the bad news

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: akaSAM

well mate wait till you actually see an angel.
yes angels exist and sometimes assume human form.
Jesus said you live as angels in heaven. so it has to have a human form

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   
An interesting " closing and summary " read

However during the great purification ya gotta be WISE to choose the "true path" btw the ascension and descension orders akin to an old Christianity or New/modern Christianity. Amen

As above

So below

6 + 6 + 6 = 18 hell = as before so after

6 + 6 + 6 + 6 = 24 Elders surrounded the Source/God = revelation

24 and half years = 7 Tribulations

The End might be near _ ! _ Good luck to ye all
edit on 17-5-2017 by SophiaEveLee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: destination now

Not even CLOSE to the same type of conversation. When I'm defending Muslims I'm not questioning their faith. I have just as many problems with the supernatural when it comes to Muslims too. So you don't even know what you are talking about here.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
well I wont hold my breathe is you don't hold your breath. Angels do no exist in hebrew texts, those are what the old testament are Hebrew texts. The kj bible was made up in the 1400 - 1600 AD, they are made up and not translated. There are actually 2,000+ yr old texts that exist and the KJ bible does not follow along with them. The pre Catholics made up the New Testament that you currently see.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
"Angels" "Peoples of Light" whatever you want to call them - are very real and exist ....
The time of "Angels" and the Light has begun. And now they have a voice, I suspect, in the coming times you will be hearing (Possibly seeing -Look up) alot more from them!
Here's a popular song thats being played in the heavens --
www.youtube.com...

edit on 18-5-2017 by DpatC because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Do we have any real evidence for the existence of angels?

The fact vibrations were mentioned... Of course new age is backwards. High frequency is garbage. Replace the word 'angels' with 'harmonics'.

All these philosophers thought they could pull one over on the world... Well let's not make it so easy for them. Come on everybody, squeal like a pig. High frequency! REEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
edit on 19-5-2017 by BigBangWasAnEcho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: akaSAM
[Snip]...
ps: I am an actual Hebrew and know what the text mean and say according to my ancestral history....the Christian bible is very corrupt and has been mistranslated over and over again to a bunch of mythology.
sorry for the bad news

First off, Judaism/Hebrew is/are not the 'end all' text(s) on tbis subject by the OP.

Discussing the content, IMO is the opportunity opened.

Sorry for the bad news

Mg
edit on 19-5-2017 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2017 by missed_gear because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: cyberjedi

Honestly I believe all domestic aliens and foreign galactic aliens fall under the same belief system ONE DIVINE CREATOR, like any other intellectual minded beings or entities. We, all beings in this universe are free-willed and shall answer to him and only to him.

posted on May, 20 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: akaSAM
well I wont hold my breathe is you don't hold your breath. Angels do no exist in hebrew texts, those are what the old testament are Hebrew texts. The kj bible was made up in the 1400 - 1600 AD, they are made up and not translated. There are actually 2,000+ yr old texts that exist and the KJ bible does not follow along with them. The pre Catholics made up the New Testament that you currently see.

You might want to read 1QM 1 and 1QM 13 of the Dead Sea Scrolls, just for starters, to prove you are wrong.

edit on 20-5-2017 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Angels are guardians who act under God. They are for protection and guidance.

I have interesting story to share about angels. I bought an unopened deck of Angel Cards. It comes with an book.

I opened the book and it had arcangel Michael. I felt I had to choose a card from the deck. I closed my eyes and shuffled the deck I had no idea about what it contains. I pulled out arcangel Michael's card. With my eyes closed, no prior knowledge of what deck contains.

Now the interesting part: I called my mother and asked about angels. She said: "your guardian angel is archangel Michael. I have prayed for him to follow you".

I'm academic person and I know the probabilities. For this thing my logical mind cannot find explanation.

Therefore I have to accept angels are real. If you call them, they will come to you.

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Dragons...Dragons... Dragons....Dragons...

God dam Angels and their lost Angles, within their torturous 360 degrees wheel of pain that has another wheel of pain in, doubling its trouble. Why must they drag us on like we were the dead?
edit on 12-8-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-8-2017 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
A fascinating subject, however to me, there is a fundamental contradiction that is akin to the 800 pound gorilla in the room...

If angels are not really supposed to be associated with religion, and by many definitions, mutually exclusive to religious beliefs... Why are most comments in here associating them, or attempting to explain them, in religious context?

All religions have a God, but does God require religions? To me it is a conundrum that seems to leak throughout discussions of spirituality and religion.

Not to try and bum anyone out, but I think it requires some logical analysis.

posted on Aug, 13 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: sylent6

Well you are right in the sense that all developed alien societies recognize that all is made of the creator. We are the creator experiencing itself. The creater, being the One, had split itself, so that it could look back unto itself to experience every facet of itself. If the creater, aka The One, had not done this, then God could not experience itself.

posted on Aug, 31 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Celebration of life.
The Pagans revered the end result. Christianity made it simpler. "Everything is vibration, all vibrations come from one vibration, the lowest vibration from which all harmonics (angels) are created" Luciferians perverted that simple concept, saying "All vibration is evil until it is dampened by matter and finds "order".

Every question about the religion is answered by the question itself. Does your brain have a tipping point based on word categories? Who has created that mental balancing act for you? A black and white outlook pinned on WORDS?

Knowledge transcends "science vs religion", it tramples on the fence, kt has no respect for the division or labels applied to any concept on either side.

If you've never noticed science technology and theism grew up side by side.. Religion is the "i dont know, don't care, just accept it" of the science world. Admitting you aren't god, admitting you cant muster the power to create dual layer universes.. Its a healthy practice.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join