It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nationalism Is The Anti-dote to Tribal Racism" - Rebel Media

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Earlier today I posted a video from the Rebel Media youtube channel, about the story of Tommy Robison and his harassment by the british police and media for speaking out against radical Islam. www.abovetopsecret.com...
The video from that thread: www.youtube.com...

On the same channel I found another recently posted video

In this video a woman tries to explain how Nationalism is good for society and claims it is the anti-dote to tribalism and racism.
It's only 4 or 5 minutes long so I encourage you to watch it.

She cites lots of plausible sounding scientific studies on group psychology to back up these claims, and for the first few minutes I was kind of buying it... but there was a feeling all the way through, like a burning feeling that I couldn't explain. While I have every sympathy for non-extreme nationalists who love their country, I felt there was a lot wrong with what she way saying, I just couldn't put it in words.

And then at the end it hit me. No matter how many scientific studies you cite to back up your claims about group behavior and group psychology, I know the one thing true thing that unites people, truly, is our shared HUMANITY.

And I felt I had to share and talk about this on ATS because its an example of how "educated" people armed with "science" can SO EASILY put ideas in peoples heads who are not aware and awake enough or who simply don't have time to think and deconstruct all the complex ideas and information we are confronted by everyday.

Its a big problem, just look at the like to dislike ration on the video. People are looking for an easy answer to solve the many problems we face as a society. But those answers, the truth, the real truth, will always be found inside. It's not an ideology, it's not a religion, it's not nationalism. Its humanity.

edit on 11-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle
Earlier today I posted a video from the Rebel Media youtube channel, about the story of Tommy Robison and his harassment by the british police and media for speaking out against radical Islam.

On the same channel I found a recently posted video

In this video a woman tries to explain how Natioanlism is good for society and claims it is the anti-dote to tribalism and racism.
It's only 4 or 5 minutes long so I encourage you to watch it.

She cites lots of plausible sounding scientific studies on group psychology to back up these claims, and for the first few minutes I was kind of buying it... but there was a feeling all the way through, like a burning feeling that I couldn't explain, I just knew what she was saying was wrong...

And then at the end it hit me... No matter how many scientific studies you cite to back up your claims about group behavior and group psychology, I know the one thing true thing that unites people, truly, is our shared HUMANITY.

And I felt I had to share this with you all as an example of how "educated" people with "science" can put ideas in peoples heads SO EASILY who are not aware and awake enough ... who don't have time, who are too enslaved in the system... to actually deconstruct the information they are presented and reflect on whether it is true or not... just look at the like to dislike ration on the video... and the comments... (well apart from the one i just left lol .. .may be deleted by me before posting this though)... We are all looking an easy answer to solve the many problems we face as a society... but those answers, the truth, the real truth, will always be found inside of you, not from outside.

That's an interesting point, but I think it is obviously "robbing Peterson pay Paul"..

Honestly, I can see how it could help end some of americas internal issues, but i think instead it is just shifting it to another "other.."

Hypothetically I guess we could do that for awhile then shift it to alien "others.."

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

Nothing will unite us. We are nothing but labels to each other.

edit on 11-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

I cannot watch the video at the moment, but on the subject of nationalis, conservative philosopher Roger Scruton makes an excellent case for nations and nationalism. Nations

I'm not sure nationalism is an antidote to tribalism - definitely racism - because it is in itself a form of tribalism, or maybe a better word is "community", but it is the more rational and working category for society.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

One thing that will unite all of humanity is an extraterrestrial threat.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

Idk.. but I know that most I know who are "left wing" don't consider the right wing voters evil, just the politicians and corps. Who run the GOP.. so from that pov the actual citizenry isn't evil, just being duped..

So there isn't enough hate there to be undone.. I'm not sure about the rights opinion of the left.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: starwarsisreal

My Christian friends say its on the way. They say the elite are planning to fake an alien invasion with holograms and what not

A false flag alien invasion will be the mother of all false flags.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Explain shared humanity to the tribal groups who refuse to see the humanity if the other that are splintering all around us bickering over petty points of whose experiences made them more victimized then the other.

Then look to the looming groups who are much, much larger and wed together by a shared ideology that may as well be a shared nationality and culture. Billions strong while we turn our backs on our own shared cultural identity in favor of nice platitudes about a shared humanity we toss aside in favor of ever smaller victim ideologies and identity groups all at each other's throats.

You don't see the Chinese worried about all the pack of -isms, and you don't see them worried they are too nationalistic. You can also bet they aren't looking to "join the global human order either." Instead, they're racing to engineer the genetically superior Chinese being, and they're damn proud of it too.

When they trample all over your little victim cult and break you down, and you scream out all your isms and against the oppression of their new hegemony. Do you think they'll care?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I would explain it as follows.. forget the "outer" identities of all the individuals you see who have caused you or your family distress alarm or hurt or stole from your or caused you any trouble. Forget all their allegiances and ideologies that you disagree with. That is not who they are. That is who they have been brainwashed into being.

Think of where they came from, and ask the woman who gave them birth who they are. Then ask you own mother who you are. They will have the same answer. You are my son / daughter. THAT is humanity. And to put ANYTHING above that is a mistake.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

When you have labels like "African-American" and "Asian American" it makes it hard to truly come together as a nation. Why not just be "American"?

Beyond that, I find it difficult to see a United States that isn't racist, our public education system is garbage.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

Why be anything other than human?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Until there is a hostile event of alien intelligence visiting the masses, I don't see us coming together as a collective species. Assuming we can fight back, that is.

Even then, the collective comradery may only last but a moment.

Sorry, I don't have much faith in humans.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Racism = Tribalism
Nationalism = Tribalism
Partisansnip = Tribalism
Genderism = Tribalism
Globalism = Tribalism
Sports Fanatacism = Tribalism
Etc
Etc
Etc
Etc

Each as a separate individual construct in a person is natural (genetically innate), normal, and not always inherently a 'bad' thing (tribalist 'scenes' in general).

It's when political parties start deliberately combining them in "Hyper-Tribalist" "super-identities" when all extreme bigot rage hell breaks loose (Nazi Germany, Radical Islam / Sharia Law, Zionism, SJW'ism, etc).

edit on 11-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

You are under the false assumption that those ideologies are what bring people together into tribes.

Thats wrong. All ideologies have a common subtext that by following those ideologies it will benefit humanity.

Reality is not what is appears.

What brings people together is a feeling for humanity.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

At least on ATS. But what Iv'e noticed is that people label themselves, adopt a BS cyber persona and defend it like it actually has meaning. These forum styled fantasies turns people in to monsters.

Nothing will unite us....

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

And humans are genetically wired with tribalist urges.

And ideologies often come along and exploit such tendencies via social psychological manipulation.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Mizzijr

You fail to see we are already united as a species, by something no one can take away or deny. Even in warzones, humans are essentially united. We suffer all suffer equally at the hands of the ignorant and unenlightened who control ideological and political narratives. The real story on the ground is that universally we are one.

We all know this deep inside and its not esoteric. It's as visceral as a mother giving birth, and the color of blood we all bleed.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Please define what a "tribalist urge" is.
edit on 12-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

I'm not endorsing tribalism (I'm actually about as big a critic of it as is possible [see my link above; other works]), but am playing nice about thing in here by pointing out it is an innate human tendency (that is a deeply hardwired un/subconscious survival mechanism)... on the way to bringing up how we're typically manipulated by it.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join