It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Nationalism Is The Anti-dote to Tribal Racism" - Rebel Media

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I appreciate your input, but it would be nice if you had read more than just the thread title before replying lol.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

lol but it already the subtext of real world mechanism, nationally & globally.
The good of "humanity" is the underlying objective of most real world mechanisms.
edit on 12-5-2017 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

The good of "humanity" is the underlying objective of most real world mechanisms.

Really? I mean do you actually think that the good of humanity is the driving force behind most real world projects?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:13 AM
link   

I would say more than not. The ratio or number is not the point.

It's a lot.

No one builds a road just for themselves.
No one builds anything just for themselves. Whatever service anything provides is generally for good of humanity, either directly or in some obscure twice removed way indirectly. No on thankfully designs things with the object of destruction. Even nuclear weapons are now built as "deterrents" to protect us against Nuclear weapons. Thats obviously insane, but the insane logic is motivated by humanity. Even insane things, can be motivated by humanity.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: 0racle

I understand that the idea is to unite people within nations, by way of giving them common identity, but there is only one legitimate unifying identity. Humanity. That is the one which prevents people accepting profit war, which prevents intolerance between peoples, prevents automatic distrust based on arbitrary metrics.

That is how to unite people. You cannot unite people, if you insist on ignoring the wider tribe, and the tribes name is Humanity, not America, not Britain, not China or Russia, but Humanity.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Okaaaaayyyy...

just repeat everything I have said this entire thread at me why don't you...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: 0racle

The real world mechanism is embodied in nuclear armaments and has place the existence of the entire human race at risk.

btw....you would have more credibility if you would treat your fellow members with a modicum of respect.
edit on 12-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The point is someone somewhere believed that humanity was already at such a great existential risk and thus needed such armaments to protect themselves against existential threats.

I know it may seem insane, but hey, even insane people are humans... even fraudsters and phonies... human being.

BTW
I don't respect arrogance or fraudsters or laziness or phonies, and certainly could not care less about arrogant fraudsters and phonies perception of my own credibility.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You didn't like my SOLID arguments, which you couldn't even touch, so you tell me to stick with my MSM addiction (which is some desperately presumptive and catastrophically false)...

Groupthink is a CONCRETE TRUTH.

Herd mentality is an iron law of societies. We see it every single day, every single moment, in every single place groups of humans exist.

We NEED it to even function as a society.

We're literally addicted to it like dope fiends.
www.scientificamerican.com...

Look at prisons: solitary confinement is TORTURE (even in the worst possible place surrounded by the worst possible people).

Is the sex drive "theoretical"???

Its the same kind of stuff.

And there goes yet more examples / arguments for you to ignore and then call me a fraud. Good luck with that, you're never going to cure any disease you're blissfully ignorant about, or as I like to say, Turn your cheek to the truth and prepare for the sucker punch.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

So you want to reduce us to clans?

Because at that level, blood is thicker than water.

I am "insert surname here" and you are "insert surname here" and never the twain shall meet.

Lots of good drama out of that. Romeo and Juliet (Montague and Capulet) ... Hatfields and McCoys ... Lancaster and York ...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Well it can be, if done right.

Nationalism has its own pitfalls though. Out of the frying pan and into the fire in a way.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So you want to reduce us to clans?

Because at that level, blood is thicker than water.

I am "insert surname here" and you are "insert surname here" and never the twain shall meet.

Lots of good drama out of that. Romeo and Juliet (Montague and Capulet) ... Hatfields and McCoys ... Lancaster and York ...

That last one kind of worked out in the end, you have a point though.
edit on 12-5-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
One thing is Patriotism, the other is Nationalism.

Patriotism is healthy, Nationalism is cancer.
edit on 12-5-17 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I agree with the premise of the video. If african americans asked what they could do for their country, rather than asking what their country can do for them, it would solve a lot of problems in our society today.

I get along with several african american professionals at work. They all have college degrees and work hard. They don't listen to rap music, they don't wear baggy pants that fall off their butt, and they don't have a bad attitude about everything. They don't sit around collecting welfare, popping out babies to extend their benefits, and demanding ever more free stuff from the government. They don't support antifa and don't belong to any gangs.

I dare say, that my african american co-workers are pretty damn patriotic. Which is why I get along with them.

I don't and never will get along with the rest of humanity just because they are human. I have nothing in common with the thug life wanna-be rapper gangster who does nothing to contribute to society except pad crime statistics.

That burning feeling in your chest? That was liberal stupidity.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: peskyhumans

Wrong. It was intuition.

Valuing your own and others shared humanity is an attitude, and way of being. Those who lack it are obvious and its natural those who have humanity will never get along with those who don't. It has got NOTHING to do with patriotism, religion, or any other ideology beyond that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

You fail to understand my point.

I was talking about the bond between mother and child, and you somehow turned that into clan rivalry.

I did not mean they say "you are my son / daughter" in the sense of ownership. I meant we are all someones son / daughter and MOST have experienced a bond to those who raised us and took care of us unconditionally when we were children. (but it is not UNIVERSAL)

That is an example of shared humanity. Hope I have made it clearer for you now.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

I didn't touch your arguments because I didn't need to.

You can look at any cohort, and cross section of any society in the world, from now to ancient history, and find concrete truths about them.

I am not denying people have done that. I am saying you can't apply them universally. Which invalidates my OWN arguments about some universal shared humanity as well (I have acknowledged that).

In reality there are no concrete universal truths about society, and never will be. As soon as you stop seeing things from that flawed perspective you will open your eyes to a whole lot more.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Truth lives in those who embody it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join