It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Trump Fires James Comey

page: 136
<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: olaru12

I don't think I accused you of being a Dem? I just pointed out how your wishful thinking is highly unlikely to come true, and backed my statement up with facts you're obviously either not aware of or ignoring. Enjoy party, not sure what you're gonna celebrate though.

We will celebrate this....blessed to have options, retired and still young enough to enjoy it. adios...

edit on 15-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I, too, doubt Comey will come clean about much anything. It really depends on much value he places in the oaths he took upon being appointed. But truth is, sometimes (if not always) you have to break the law to be patriotic. It's highly likely he is more worried about his skin than in saving the American people.

You at least have to break the system. Absolute power corrupts absolutely, and tends to skew the system in favor of those with absolute power. Thus, the 'breaking' of the FBI hierarchy by getting Comey out of the way. McCabe will be next, IMO.

The only patriots we will ever see, are guys/gals that have nothing to lose...how many in D.C. can make that claim?

I know of only one... Donald J. Trump.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
After thought from another thread, it occurred to me, that there really are at least three Russian scandals going on. The Russian govt Cyberwar on America during the election is one. The scandal of Trump campaign persons involvement with Russia in criminal ways or by allowing Russia to exert foreign influence in an election. Then there is the other scandal, Trump's possible personal ties to Russian criminal activity.

We had public clues before the election about the first two scandals. We did not, however, know about what the govt knew. We still do not know the information the two Congressional investigations know, due to classified nature, but we know they are investigating the two scandals.

We did not know about any Trump personal ties to Russian citizen criminal activity, until Trump himself spoke up about being wiretapped at Trump Tower. Apparently there have been investigations covering years of Russian individuals.

We had public clues about the first two scandals, beginning with Manafort, but Trump garnered the votes to be elected anyway. Depending on the results of govt and Congressional investigations, we will know whether or not we elected a president who was involved in those scandals in any way (from none to treasonous). The wheels of justice can turn excruciatingly slow.

Here is the thing. Even if Trump is found to have been guilty of any pre-presidency "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors", impeachment is only for post-inaugural "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors".

Now, the third scandal, Trump's personal criminal involvement with Russian criminals or criminal activity had not received public attention before the election and only very recently. If he is found to have engaged in any third scandal pre-presidential criminal activity, not only can he, as POTUS, possibly escape the charges, but those crimes would also not fall under impeachable offenses. But they certainly would impact the family business.

So, nothing that is being investigated could lead to impeachment. However, it could be that the Comey firing, if that were investigated as an attempt to obstruct justice, could lead to impeachment, as would any "Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors" committed after the inauguration. And, it is thought by some legal scholars that high crime or misdemeanor need not be a violation of a criminal statute; for ex, if it is found that Trump was reckless with highly classified information, crossed a national security line, that could very well be grounds for impeachment.

Was Comey Fired Because the FBI’s Sights Were Turning Toward Trump’s Russian Mobster-Connected Business Ties?

To collect evidence to sift through, one has to go to various sources for documents
WSJ Reporters Reveal Trump’s Business Dealings Investigated By Treasury Department’s FinCEN Division

The wheels of justice for scandals of this magnitude and complexity, light-years beyond a Watergate, grind excruciatingly slow.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: desert

The FBI director does not investigate. They are responsible for the day to day operations of the FBI. Career agents run the investigations and firing the Director has no impact on what they do. I know this because when my Chief got fired from the Police department it had no impact on any cases currently being run.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the President and can be let go with or without cause. Even the acting FBI director testified the investigations werent affected.

This is more nonsensical bs from the left.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The FBI director does not investigate. They are responsible for the day to day operations of the FBI. Career agents run the investigations and firing the Director has no impact on what they do. I know this because when my Chief got fired from the Police department it had no impact on any cases currently being run.

The FBI director serves at the pleasure of the President and can be let go with or without cause. Even the acting FBI director testified the investigations werent affected.

This is more nonsensical bs from the left.

Not sure how many more ways this can be explained to them. The counter-intel investigation is unaffected by Comey's firing no matter how bad they want it to be otherwise.

By the way, just noticed your location

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Didn't Reagan start dealings with Iran for the hostages before he was elected?

They weren't allies, right?

So why wasn't he impeached?

Isn't that collusion?

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Isn't that collusion?

Correct. He asked them not to release the hostages until after the election. It was just a few hours after inaugural address the hostages were released.

www.history.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Isn't that collusion?

Collusion itself isn't actually illegal, it depends what you colluded on. If they can prove he colluded with Russia to do anything illegal or treasonous, then he's in trouble. So far there's zero indication of that.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

and if there were an evidence it would have been leaked by now...

I still maintain this Russia BS is to distract from the illegal actions of the democrats during the primaries and the election itself...

Do people really think the Washington Compost just got this story out of the blue on the same day its revealed Seth Rich had contact with wikileaks and sent them 40k DNC emails? And people wonder why the DNC refused, and is still refusing, to allow the FBI to forensically examine the "hacked server". Couple that with the facty there is a media blackout on the DNC fraud lawsuit out of Florida where the DNC stated they can ignore their own charter and rig the primary for whomever they wish.

The Russia hacked the DNC / Trump colluded is a lie / distraction and nothing more.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

We are in agreement on this. I've said several times myself it would've been leaked already, and as I said a page or two ago, if the FBI had any info indicating Trump was colluding with the Russians, they would not have to sit on it just because the investigation is still ongoing. They would've had to take action already to limit the damage he could do. Obviously that hasn't happened, indicating they have nothing showing he's colluding.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 01:14 PM
link   

After thought from another thread, it occurred to me, that there really are at least three Russian scandals going on. The Russian govt Cyberwar on America during the election is one.

Which has been going on at least as long as there have been electronic voting machines. To assume that Russia or any other country is not interested in gaining some control over US politics is naive in the extreme. It also need not implicate anyone in the US.

The scandal of Trump campaign persons involvement with Russia in criminal ways or by allowing Russia to exert foreign influence in an election.

Which in no way implicates Donald Trump. To assume it does is to also assume that any employer is directly, criminally responsible for the actions of their employer. In other words, it would be easier to simply arrest Trump for Grand Larceny, since I am sure someone he has hired in the past has been guilty of Grand Larceny at some point.

Then there is the other scandal, Trump's possible personal ties to Russian criminal activity.

No, there are unfounded accusations which have failed consistently to be supported by any evidence. All of Trump's financial records are in the immediate possession of the Federal government. The IRS has copies of his tax returns on file for the last several years. His financial disclosures during the campaign are on file. The FTC can audit his corporate records at any time. If Trump dId anything out of line where Russia is concerned, the proof is right there in the open. Yet multiple government officials from both parties have admitted there is no evidence of improper contact between Trump and Russia.

Everything else is just a bunch of "what-ifs" that mean absolutely nothing. What if Trump is really a flesh-eating alien from Alpha Centauri? What if Donald Trump was switched at birth and is really not an American citizen, but a German onion-farmer named Adolf Weinerschnitzel? What if Donald Trump is the secret love child of Marilyn Monroe and J. Edgar Hoover?

Those are no sillier than the continual "what-ifs" that are actually advanced, and reflect no differently on those who would lend them credibility.

TheRedneck

+1 more 
posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Bumping this thread.

Breaking:
New York Times reporting. As part of a paper trail in James Comeys own records of Mike Flynn investigation a memo written by James Comey has been found saying that Donald trump asked James Comey to shut down the Flynn investigation.
In a meeting in the oval office on February 14th after a regularly scheduled security briefing trump dismissed the attendees asking Mr Comey to stay behind. trump is reported to have said " Flynn has done nothing" and "Flynn is a good man, perhaps you could move on. I hope you can see your way to move on " according to sources close to James Comey. The memo has been verified as have been part of Comeys own records and notes on the Flynn investigation.

And of course the Whitehouse denies it was said.

Didn't someone say just the other day Comey kept an extensive paper trail of behavior he deemed inappropriate.

You just don't mess with the intelligence community.
Nixon
Reagan
Bush
All had their moments.
But this. Well
Still developing.
Confirmation by nbc news.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Indigo5

Check is often a move...

We know what check is. It's a bet of zero.

Breaking now...Comey logged memos and documented the times Trump tried to get him to drop the investigation...

Ahem...I see your purported recordings, will have Senate Intelligence committee request and then subpoena them, and raise you a court admissible documented history of The President interfering with and trying to Squash the Russia investigation and then firing the Dir of FBI when he refused.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Bumping this thread.

Breaking:
New York Times reporting. As part of a paper trail in James Comeys own records of Mike Flynn investigation a memo written by James Comey has been found saying that Donald trump asked James Comey to shut down the Flynn investigation.
In a meeting in the oval office on February 14th after a regularly scheduled security briefing trump dismissed the attendees asking Mr Comey to stay behind. trump is reported to have said " Flynn has done nothing" and "Flynn is a good man, perhaps you could move on. I hope you can see your way to move on " according to sources close to James Comey. The memo has been verified as have been part of Comeys own records and notes on the Flynn investigation.

Didn't someone say just the other day Comey kept an extensive paper trail of behavior he deemed inappropriate.

Nixon
Reagan
Bush
All had their moments.
But this. Well
Still developing.

So Comey is alleging Trump attempted to obstruct justice and he, the FBI Director, did nothing? Sounds legit.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Sillyolme
Bumping this thread.

Breaking:

Nixon
Reagan
Bush
All had their moments.
But this. Well
Still developing.

So Comey is alleging Trump attempted to obstruct justice and he, the FBI Director, did nothing? Sounds legit.

He did the only thing he could do? He documented it in case records were requested for impeachment purposes.

You can't charge or arrest a sitting President for obstructing justice.

You can impeach them though..

Hilarious though that you spin this as COMEY'S bad, not Trumps!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This keeps getting better and better..

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Lol.

An impeachment is a charge levied by a legislative body. So, yes, you can 'charge' a President.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: peck420

originally posted by: Indigo5

Lol.

An impeachment is a charge levied by a legislative body. So, yes, you can 'charge' a President.

Right..Legislative body...which is not the FBI or James Comey...Catch up with what you are trying to be snarky about.
edit on 16-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Whoa boy! This looks like the beginning of the end! Fasten your seat belts, 'cuz this ride is turning into a quite the roller coster! Are you getting your money's worth yet?

edit on 16-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 133  134  135    137  138  139 >>

join