It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please advise on natural solutions to 'systemic' acne in 19 yr old daughter..

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Try quitting sugar for a month. No sugar at all, but honey is permissible.

Sal

a reply to: lostgirl

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
first up, NEVER let her face touch a phone or anything. when you use a phone, the oil on your hands gets on the phone, and then bacteria feast on that oil, then you put the phone to your face, WHAM, bacteria jump to your face.

i get TEA TREE oil, mix it with water, and put it in a spray bottle. its the only way i can control acne in my hair-headline. basically i get acne where ever hair grows.

for my face, i do use benzoil peroxide.

whenever i go get a drink of water, i clean my face in a water fountain. i clean my face every 20-30 minutes.

the phone thing is imperative. if my chin touches a phone i get a pimple in 20 minutes wham. no joke, 20 minutes later i get acne.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes to Zinc! I had terrible acne as a teen, and only Zinc cleared it up, consistently.

Take it with food, though, to avoid nausea.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I didn't read all the responses so someone may have already posted what I'm about to write, but I wanted to share quickly my experience with acne. I know you asked for a natural treatment, but I'm going to relate my experience with a pharmacological intervention prescribed to me by a dermatologist.

I was in Basic Training in the Army and my acne was getting very very bad...stress, dirt, just the lifestyle. I was sent to the dermatologist who put me on a drug called ACUTANE. He explained to me that it was a permanent cure for acne. He said that after I did the treatment (which was a 6 week protocol, though the drug stays in your system for an additional 2 weeks) that I would never have acne again, and you know what...I never have. Ever. I went from severe acne (which is psychologically and emotionally devastating to a young person) to never having, essentially, another pimple again.

Here's the only thing about taking that drug. To say it dries you out a little would be like saying that the sand in the Sahara is a touch parched. Man! You get dry. I was prescribed a special soap (that was essentially like water) and I was only allowed to wash the 3 odor producing areas of my body (I'll let you figure out where those are at). For years afterwards I always carried ChapStick with me because my lips would get so dry that I think I was affected by the experience. Lastly, the doctor warned me that it can permanently affect one's vision, though I didn't experience this. All told, if I had to do it over again I would do it in a heart beat. I'm not big on pharmaceuticals, but that drug did change my life for the better...

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Depending what is causing it will determine the effectiveness but I would try Baking soda before anything else

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Has your daughter tried Cor Silver Soap?www.acne.org...
corsilver.com...
It is expensive but it is worth it to have problem free skin.
edit on 23-4-2017 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:00 AM
link   
MSM can work wonders on the skin.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I had terrible cystic acne most of my life. Didn't have it totally disappear until I hit menopause. It was likely caused by a sensitivity to estrogen.

So birth control pills helped for a long while... but the other side effects (like migraines) made me stop that eventually.
I did accutane treatments twice- it helped for a while, but after a couple years, it came back. I would not recommend it because of the terrible side effects during treatment, and nobody I know who did it had it be as permanent as doctors claim.

I repeatedly found treatments that I thought were the amazing answer.... only to have them stop working after a while.

I once heard someone say, the trick is to keep changing, because you body gets used to whatever you're using and learns to get around it. Unfortunately, that seemed to be true.

Make a list of all these ideas offered in this thread, and have her go through them with time, trying another when one stops working.

I found castor oil to be one of my miraculous cures. Mixed in some essential oils (like tea tree, lavander, lemon...). I would keep it on my face for ten minutes then wash off. It was so effective, I made bottles of it for all my kids.

Made tea to drink with Burdock Root which did great things... and less than great things....gave me gas!

I used to think, like many, that the sun was my friend. A bit of tan used to clear it up at first. Then, at the end of the season, a HUGE flair up would occur. Only when I started protecting my face all the time did I avoid that.

Nowadays, I just use castor oil if I see any beginnings of acne, and it goes away immediately. But like I said, menopause freed me. Sometimes I actually shed a few tears of pleasure when I can massage my face with oil, because for most of my life I could not touch my face with my hands. It was always hurting and inflamed and I was conditioned early to never ever touch it. It's hard to explain the pleasure at being able to be feel the soothing touch on my own face at last...

I feel so sympathetic when I see other people suffering from acne now, it is so hard.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Look2theSacredHeart
a reply to: rickymouse

Yes to Zinc! I had terrible acne as a teen, and only Zinc cleared it up, consistently.

Take it with food, though, to avoid nausea.

We have had zinc in the house for many many years. When I start sensing that food is losing it's taste, I take one of the tablets. My multimineral I take every day has about twenty five percent of the RDA but that is not enough some times. The wife doesn't take the zinc tablet very often, she seems to hit the cold-eeze tablets often though. My granddaughter gets acne when she eats foods high in sugar, she needs a little more zinc. The grandaughter has a problem with taking zinc though, her sense of smell gets really good and she can't stand the smell of green peppers in anything. Actually, she is allergic to ragweed and a few things and green pepper shares chemistry with ragweed. Green pepper burns her mouth, with me it has a tang to it but I have found that if we buy the ones with the right number of lobes on it, it doesn't give me nearly as much negative reaction. I guess there is an immature red pepper that gives some people problems and also there is a difference between the three and four lobe peppers. I can never remember which is which though. If I take a bit in my mouth and it tingles, I avoid it. The wife loves green pepper and she has no ill effects. She says they taste really good to her and there is never a tang. My wife has no asthma issues, I have some but not nearly as much as the granddaughter.

The thing is, Since zinc increases your smell and taste, it may be able help a person identify what they are allergic to. People do not understand that we have some good senses if they are working right, we are taught to ignore our senses and go to the doctors when we get sick. Now, if I eat tomatoes, I get bumps on my forehead and I will break out around the lips. I can only eat them once a week. Also oranges do the same thing, both are high in nicotinic acid and also both are high in Benzoic acids and both of those chemistries can cause this reaction.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger
MSM can work wonders on the skin.

If you have problems with MOCO co-enzyme deficiency or sulfite enzymes, MSM can sometimes cause a problem. Just increase molybdenum in the diet, or take a small supplement and it helps. Lots of multivitamins now have the molybdenum in them, it helps with all kinds of sulfur metabolism. If you do not have a deficiency in these and you already consume a lot of molybdenum foods, there will be a positive effect.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
COCONUT OIL (INGESTED & APPLIED TO SKIN)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Just want to offer up a big thank you to everyone for taking the time to post here!!!

And do please forgive me for not replying individually, with the chronic fatigue, brain fog, etc., and having arthritis in my right hand as well, typing is a bit difficult...

...but I am so grateful for all the advice, and you are all very much appreciated!!!

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Hello,

This is the only natural solution that worked for me -- it works really well:

* A Body Brush (to gently exfoliate the face)

and

* Tea Tree Oil
www.wikihow.com...

need to use both: use one first, then, use the other
[for example, use the body brush first, then, wash the face with water, then use the tea tree oil]

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: dantanna
first up, NEVER let her face touch a phone or anything. when you use a phone, the oil on your hands gets on the phone, and then bacteria feast on that oil, then you put the phone to your face, WHAM, bacteria jump to your face.

umm the oil is sebum which is anti bacterial.

To cure the acne clean the liver and kidneys out ,add 15 drops of milk thistle tincture (once the water has cooled down to body temperature) and one teaspoon of slippery elm bark in boiled pure water for the liver 3 times a day on an empty stomach no food for an hour after and that should help the kidney as once you clean the liver the kidneys work better you can take pharma grade sodium bicarbonate to clean the kidneys as well,
when taking bicarb always drink some citron an hour afterwards(or lemon if you cannot get the citron) heated to body temperature in a few ounces of pure water this replenishes nutrients in the stomach that thee bicarb removes,

to purify your water boil it to 90 celsius then freeze it wait 3 hours then scrape the thin coating of ice that forms around it this is highly toxic, then maybe around 8 hours later the top 2 thirds of water has risen above the denser toxic water that contains 70 odd thousand contaminants or buy an omnipure water filter

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Having acne problems are really traumatic at times and will somehow affect your confidence. Do not let her use harsh soap or any astringents as it might only worsen the situation. Instead, let her use mild or antibacterial soap that can be bought in any drugstore. Its also better if you seek already a dermatologist if you feel like you really need to in order for her as well to regain her confidence since they can really help you solve your problem with regards to acne issues.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Honey of course it has to be 100%!
and cinnamon, but you need to use only wood items to add stirr etc

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join