It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient stone carvings confirm how comet struck Earth in 10,950BC

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: six67seven
Makes sense - remember, we've seen this happen on Jupiter when Shoemaker Levy 9 hit and left the 3 giant scars.

Come now Jupiter is a Gas Giant.... those comets shot right out the other side.... unless of course jupiter is solid and not really a gas giant at all, in that case those comets slammed right into it

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

The concern here or atleast should have some people questioning. If this is the reason the governments of the world fail to publicly detail how dangerous comments are to our earth and maybe they see it as a 'restart' to humankind.

These nuclear proof bunkers, with mankind's heritage and DNA profiling, along with backups of seeds in similar bunkers. Do they know that we are going to be hit again, is it literally out of their control or are they letting it happen?

I feel our history is lied to us and it works well for us to believe in religion to calm our nerves. Yet what is around the corner?........

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Fascinating stuff. I have long believed there were far older civilizations, about which we know virtually nothing. Nice to see someone doing research to show that it's true!!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

They were the offspring of survivors and were partly responsible for re-introducing agriculture to a world that went backward about 20 thousand years.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: booyakasha

The Taurid meteor shower is an annual event.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Depends on the velocity of the object and the density of the gas.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: intergalactic fire
a reply to: Zimnydran

Depends on the velocity of the object and the density of the gas.

No it doesnt.

Jupiter's calculated mass is insane. It's only a few thousand miles down into the atmosphere that it becomes so dense it might as well be solid, it is thought.

Those comet fragments entered the atmosphere and frigging EXPLODED!

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: booyakasha

The Taurid meteor shower is an annual event.

Which happens twice a year. June/July(beta-Taurids) and oct/nov(Taurids)
I believe there are speculations that the Tunguska event was caused by a beta-Taurid meteor.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

How does that contradict to what I said?

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
There are actually two streams within the main Taurid meteor stream. South and North Taurids, which peak in November. The North Taurid is suspected as being caused by a massive breakup of the parent comet Encke, which is also the source of the South Taurid stream. These showers have a large number of huge fireballs, one of which was suspected to have caused the Tunguska event (In the extreme ellipse known as the beta Taurids). It is suspected that there are huge fragments in this field, and have been the cause of a lot of change on this Earth, even before the YD event.

Graham Hancock cited the works of Richard Firestone, Allen West and Simon Warwick-Smith, who diligently worked on the cause of the Younger Dryas event, and also published a book: "The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes". Even though these scientists published this work previously, Hancock has helped to make them much more well known in science, as he has the incredible power of grabbing your attention, and fitting the worlds of Geology, Geography, Astronomy and Archaeology together with correlations that most people can understand
edit on 21-4-2017 by charlyv because: content and spelling

edit on 21-4-2017 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Well I guess there is a reason they call it the Taurid Complex

I have a copy of GH latest book, interesting and easy read, highly recommend if you're into that stuff.
Don't know if you're familiar with 'geologist' George Howard, he's involved in the Comet Research Group also mentioned by GH and RC.
On his youtube channel he has some interesting videos on the matter and conferences from Firestone and West. It's been a while since I've watched them so can't really give you an to much detail but it's pretty much about the same stuff GH talks about.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

a reply to: Tempter

How does that contradict to what I said?

Quoted the wrong pwrson, sorry. I was responding to the whole pass right through post.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

a reply to: charlyv

Well I guess there is a reason they call it the Taurid Complex

I have a copy of GH latest book, interesting and easy read, highly recommend if you're into that stuff.
Don't know if you're familiar with 'geologist' George Howard, he's involved in the Comet Research Group also mentioned by GH and RC.
On his youtube channel he has some interesting videos on the matter and conferences from Firestone and West. It's been a while since I've watched them so can't really give you an to much detail but it's pretty much about the same stuff GH talks about.

Yes, Howard should certainly be mentioned in the list, as well as Boslough and Cox. I think I have seen most of their video's , websites and papers. Extremely interesting subject. I also think Hancock's "Magicians of the Gods" is a must read.
edit on 21-4-2017 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   
So I'll be honest.......I am ignorant on this subject. Please enlighten.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: solongandgoodnight
So I'll be honest.......I am ignorant on this subject. Please enlighten.

Start with a few of Hancock's seminars in YT, if you get hooked there are links to so much more.

posted on Apr, 21 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Nice find, I read into his work once and a while. I figured Göbekli Tepe was more than just a trendy place, deemed the world's first temple, for some to study.

a reply to: intergalactic fire

This mentions the end of the Clovis Culture in early North America.

edit on 21-4-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   

This and the accompanying video-interview is the most extraordinary thing I've seen on ATS in a long time.

He was close at 12,800 years ago @ 10,950 years (edit: impacts took place at intervals all over the world), but what Göbekli Tepe reveals, as well as the ancient maps, is that there was a pre-existing monolithic building civilization or a lost civilization, that predated that cataclysm, and that attempted to seed itself in the new era in the post-apocalyptic age, as the ensuing ice age receded.

This turns everything we think we know about ancient history and the origins of civilization on its head. Göbekli Tepe was a time capsule and communications device!

Thank you for this!

Ankh

edit on 22-4-2017 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:40 AM
link   

This is a "no sale" for me.

The scientist in question is an engineer and not a paleontologist and has made some pretty broad mistakes. The "gray sludge" is actually not "found all across the United States" and the megafauna didn't suddenly wake up one morning and drop dead at the same time. Mammoths survived the Ice Age.

GT is still being excavated.

In addition, there's the problem that nobody in Turkey could possibly see ANY astronomical event in North America.

I read the paper and don't find it convincing. Interesting, yes, but not convincing.

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

So both the dinosaurs and wooly mammoths died from comet/asteroid impacts. Fascinating find - are we overdue for another one of these events?

"No" to both.

Dinosaurs were extinct by the time the meteor hit, according to evidence. And mammoth die-offs were not a single package, either. Some survived until the time of the pyramids

posted on Apr, 22 2017 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Nice post OP! How fascinating?!

10,950 bc is pretty near 10,800 bc (3x3600) (3 x planet X's orbital cycle) too much coincidence for me!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As we should all know Planet X will cause a mass extinctIon very soon, actually this should occur this year.

I'm also open to comets etc being used as weapons also, as another poster mentioned. certainly there was a swarm nearby, was this utilized further?! Look INto the origins of c14 also dated around this time.. Cosmic radiation having an origination point around this date, caused by nukes or meteor/comet strikes.

I do support that the original creators used this as a method of wiping their creational slate clean and starting over.. There Is a war at hand too, so much evidence there also supporting this claim.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join