It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian – or a North Korean – submarine spotted off the coast of California?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
So what do you guys think..
What kind of protection does US west coast have against a sub doing a nuke surprise attack.
Could they just waiting for US to make a move, and everything goes boom.
Even if they do not have the ability to launch, they would have the mentality to just kamikaze and blow the nuke up while inside the sub.
They have already proven they can make nukes, one have to wonder what prevents them from using them.

Should the Americans be nervous.. are there any nervous Americans..
Is Trump underestimating the capabilities of NK the enemy ?
A enemy that does not fear anything and is willing to sacrifice everything..

Perhaps they are out there right now
Check out this article from April 10

constitution.com...

“Anti-submarine aircraft have been loitering over the same area off the California coast for hours, which is fueling speculation that a Russian – or a North Korean – submarine was spotted in the area. “While the report of a foreign vessel is unconfirmed at this point, the military patrol is apparently not part of a routine exercise due to the number of aircraft hovering over the same area and the late hours of operation. “The patrol includes multiple low-flying aircraft including a Navy EP-3E Aries II, which is used for electronic surveillance, a Navy P-3C Orion, which is used for submarine spotting, and a Boeing P-8 Poseidon used for anti-submarine warfare. “Additionally, a Royal Canadian CP-140 Orion, also known for submarine spotting, joined the search.”

edit on 19-4-2017 by Spacespider because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Spacespider

Reminds me of the video game Homefront where North Korea invaded the USA.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Who was towing who..?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
The Granola state will welcome it, just so it can poke its petulant tongue out at the meany old president. It would be kind of funny to see the west coast liberals welcome the troops of a foreign totalitarian state ashore and get hands on experience of what fascism really is.

link   
Oh...okay. A Submarine hunter is fling around so it must be North Koreans or Russians....pathetic...

link   

originally posted by: Spacespider
Even if they do not have the ability to lunch

Perhaps they'll do it at breakfast or dinner then ?

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

I wouldn't even like to think about the mess a nuke would create if it hit the oil fields in the gulf of Mexico. It would not serve Russian interests imo to position themselves so aggressively but I wouldn't put it past round boy to give it a shot, he's certainly a prize tool, that's for sure.

Also, if the Pentagon is thinking of hitting NK nuke sites and they do have a sub off the coast, California might be getting an earthquake soon.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

There's a pretty good summarization of Trumps idiotic behavior here.

Unpredictable. Unhinged. Dangerous. Many South Koreans are using those words to describe the president of their most important ally, rather than the leader of their archrival to the North. They worry that President Donald Trump’s tough, unorthodox talk about North Korea’s nuclear program is boosting already-high animosity between the rival Koreas.

South Koreans may be uneasy about North Korea’s expanding arsenal of weapons, but many doubt that the country’s leader, Kim Jong Un, wants to start a war that would likely end in the destruction of his government and the ruling elite. Donald Trump is another story, judging by widespread concern posted on Twitter.

Taking such an aggressive posture with North Korea is taking a gamble with hundreds of thousands of lives on the southern side of the DMZ, including Americans. Kim Jong-Un has always known that in a land battle with the South, eventually the DPRK would lose. But if they start to feel as though they are backed into a corner and the US is threatening some kind of military action against them? Things could go from tense, to totally hot in a moments notice.

North Korea is a nuclear state with usable nuclear weapons. Just because they don't have nuclear tipped ballistic missiles doesn't mean they can't deploy a nuclear weapon. And the conventional military power at Kim Jong-Un's disposal is nothing to sneeze at.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

why you so sadistic

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

My money is on korea, russian subs are pretty hard to spot.

The defences you ask about are currently above that sub.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

There are anti sub ships too, frigates and destroyers tend to carry measures to attack subs, how ever subs have a chance to fight against those vessels. Aircraft are the best option.

As for the nuke... if they got one off.... japan is a tiny island, it is still here after two nuclear attacks. Kor3a currently possesess weapons of that yield. The us would simply turn north korea to glass.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I'm a serial killer that loves to spoon.
a reply to: Voyaging

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   
We have troops and sailors and airmen within spitting range of Russia's borders. It would not be surprising if they were reciprocating the hostilities.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Someone get a map of California, put x's over Berkeley and get that damn map to them pronto!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I know our military industrial complex is shady as # some would say, but you guys have little faith in what our military is capable of. If it is a sub and highly doubt it is. We would know where they are before they did. Have a little faith. Just a little

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I am nervous, not because of this alone, but in general with the way world affairs seem to have progressively gotten more hostile since I was born.

With that being said, I'm not military or anyone of "use" to the big boys, so living in fear does me and my family absolutely no good. If anything drastic were to happen we just hope the skills and supply we do have will be enough. If not, well, we all die eventually.

-Alee

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

There's a pretty good summarization of Trumps idiotic behavior here.

No , Trump is a Republican .Remember ? You are thinking of the Liberal mindset.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

“While the report of a foreign vessel is unconfirmed at this point, the military patrol is apparently not part of a routine exercise due to the number of aircraft hovering over the same area and the late hours of operation.

all of a sudden drills happen all the time. wouldn't surprise me if that's what this is. just because just one source says it's not routine exercise doesn't mean it's not a drill.
plus it's likely that the U.S has it's own hunter/ killer subs just lurking off the coasts.

edit on 19-4-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CulturalResilience

it really is getting old,

California has plenty of guns and plenty of people that know how to use them. and plenty of people that would protect the over all greatest state in the world.

what you see on tv is not reality.

just as everywhere in a America there is the illusion of left and right.

i would hope you could be smarter then to fall prey to an illusion.

California would never bow to an invasion and probably has a better chance to put up a fight then most states(respectfully nods head to nevada and texas) with or without national guard and other military factions.

anyways save your delusional rhetoric for some other poor souls. This place has way too much of your bs as it is.

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: DocScurlock1774

California would never bow to an invasion and probably has a better chance to put up a fight then most states(respectfully nods head to nevada and texas) with or without national guard and other military factions.

you forgot Florida, Alabama and Georgia, lots and lots of Guns down here.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join