It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Dove Soap recently aired their new advertisement featuring a father who, after having a baby, decides to identify as the mother.

Dove, trying to appeal to a younger audience, has a new “Real Moms” ad campaign, and it features a transgender woman.

The ad showcases a diverse spectrum of mothers — parents of all races, with differing careers, and sexual orientations — and begins with the text: “Moms are redefining what it means to be a ‘good mom.’ ”

After introducing a stay-at-home mother and a mom who works as a cattle rancher, the soap brand featured a couple, both of whom identify as mothers, raising their biological newborn son.

“We are both his biological parents,” Shea, a transgender woman, says. “You get people that are like, ‘What do you mean? You’re the mom?’ We’re like, ‘Yep. We’re both gonna be moms.’ ”

SOURCE

I'm not outraged by the commercial, by the way. Instead, I'd like to focus on the fact that Mark Rice, avid conservative youtube blogger, had a piece where he was critical of the commercial removed because it was deemed hate speech, and his account was temporarily suspended.

Facebook Suspends YouTuber For Disliking 'Transgender Mother' Commercial

Popular conservative YouTuber Mark Dice has allegedly been suspended from Facebook after insulting a Baby Dove soap commercial that featured a transgender “mother.”

“The Dove soap company has a new commercial out titled ‘No One Right Way’ which features a transgender ‘woman’ as a new ‘mom’ holder ‘her’ little baby,” wrote Dice in the status, which has since been removed by Facebook. “Excuse me now while I go grab some Irish Spring to clean up my puke.”

Not exactly the classiest critique, but free speech is free speech, is it not? Yes, Facebook is a private company that has the legal authority make these kinds of decisions.

It is true that this is just another example of how Youtube/Google/Twitter/Facebook is attempting to silence conservative activists and limit their influence to shut down any discussion that doesn't tow the line of the Globalist agenda.

And it's not just Facebook.

Let us not forget that one of the largest stockholders for Google is George Soros.

Infamous investor and businessman George Soros reported at the end of 2015 that he owns 317,534 Netflix shares, which has an estimated worth of $32.79 million. If you’ve never heard of Soros, he is a key member of the elite, or the shadow government, disguised as a philanthropic billionaire. And Netflix isn’t his only concerning investment — he also holds shares in Google and numerous non-profits.

So, why would he buy into Netflix and Google? Well, Google is a pretty safe investment, since it controls some of the world’s best technologies and our access to knowledge and information. Earlier this month, Google announced one of its latest technologies, “Cross Check,” which will supposedly help identify fake news. I wonder if this will actually be the case, or if this will be a similar situation to the Snopes and Facebook censorship. It’s easy to imagine how this form of censorship would benefit Soros.

There is a war going on that is fighting against a free internet and the freedom of speech.

edit on 4/18/2017 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE: This thread is NO LONGER in the MUD PIT!!!
edit on Wed Apr 19 2017 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:41 AM
link   
I don't think transgender women are real women, does anybody?
Anyway, the christian spin, it is to love people, not judge them
The bloke in the clip doesn't strike me as a nice person, is it any wonder that there is so much anti christian hate in the world
Just doesn't preach Christs message of love to the world

Sorry this guys a bit foolish

+6 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Opinions of the man and the man's opinions set aside, it's the fact that he is being targeting for being nothing more than critical of a commercial, that should have any advocate of free speech and public debate at least somewhat concerned.

Personally, I've never had a facebook, so I cannot relate.

+19 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

great post...I went to youtube and noticed the backlash of people refusing to buy Dove products anymore

This is too funny

Elijah Foster 4 days ago (edited)
We used to ask whether the baby was a boy or a girl. Now we ask what the mom and dad are.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

One day we will be able to look back at these commercials and laugh at our own stupidity.

+5 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass And all who did iniquity flourished, It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.
Psalm 92:10

This world is a confused mess.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Have they removed all critics of the ad or just the the trolls?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   
Dove's commercial is a purely business decision, they want a monopoly on the 0.3% of the population that's transgender. There's no way that could possibly be offset by losing religious customers, I'm sure. Also it's cheaper than doing something drastic like producing soap that's healthier or pollutes less.

I have a Facebook account, and I'm pretty sure having the account cancelled is a reward, not a punishment. Just think about how much spare time he will have now. It's like getting fired without losing any money. LOL it's like being a kid suspended from school.

+23 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
When is all this kowtowing to the mentally ill minority going to end? It was funny for awhile, but come on...

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   

There is a war going on that is fighting against a free internet and the freedom of speech.

No there isn't.

Free internet means you can start your own site and sensor or not sensor it however you want.

Free speech is in the first amendment and it ONLY limits what the government can do. Private entities such as Facebook can and do sensor.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: Raggedyman

Opinions of the man and the man's opinions set aside, it's the fact that he is being targeting for being nothing more than critical of a commercial, that should have any advocate of free speech and public debate at least somewhat concerned.

Personally, I've never had a facebook, so I cannot relate.

If it's what the world wants, what can you do?
Wars to stop these things?
It will get so bad something will have to be done, I agree with him, the world, those in control don't
There are ways of saying things, you know, nicely

Men can never be mothers, it's not logical.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

No there isn't.

Free internet means you can start your own site and sensor or not sensor it however you want.

Free speech is in the first amendment and it ONLY limits what the government can do. Private entities such as Facebook can and do sensor.

There is no war, it's been won, even on the Internet
They control everything

+4 more 
posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Commercials have been getting weirder and weirder.
Like this coffee-mate commercial:
Coffee-mate cancer commercial

The woman says something along the lines : How do I look. Her husband says okay. She says she wants to look good and takes off a wig to reveal shes bald. Then he says she looks beautiful.

I dont understand why Coffee mate is trying to bank off cancer, but what ever.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Josephus
That when the wicked sprouted up like grass And all who did iniquity flourished, It was only that they might be destroyed forevermore.
Psalm 92:10

This world is a confused mess.

Yeah we know that, we know there will be no peace
We know it will get far worse and Babylon will rise, that's the promise

Jesus called Christians to love
God is big enough to deal with it

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   
No winners there.

Getting upset because someone is TG or whatever and advertising bloody soap is as daft as, but possibly not as ultimately harmful as this broad brush censorship.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   

I will dare stick my neck out and say that when talking about gender identity and sexual orientation is treated with the same respect as speaking about race there will be no need for censorship.

Truthful, constructive and sensitive criticism should always be welcomed on any topic, but ones like this only seem to attract loud foul mouthed trolls.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I've watched a few Rice videos in the past and find them to be pretty spot on for the most part.

This Dove commercial takes the cake for stupid. #RealMoms???? I laughed pretty hard.

Anywho, the really sad part of this is that there are probably some TG's actually swayed by TV commercials enough to buy Dove....consumerism at its finest here folks! I wonder if they consulted Mabelline before running this...possibly the new face for Dove? Oh...and not only was the he/she mom on it, he/she also had a lot of tattoos and was pretty big....tells me they are pushing for the closeted "manly man" demographic as well...dont think I've ever seen a Dove commercial with anyone with tattoos before.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
So many Fake Moms!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: markosity1973

I will dare stick my neck out and say that when talking about gender identity and sexual orientation is treated with the same respect as speaking about race there will be no need for censorship.

Freedom of speech means being able to say what you want about something, in this case transgendered folk, and when you want to say it, whether it is politically correct, offensive, or not.

Period.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Actually the guy you are referring to is called Mark Dice, not Rice. I like the guy and he is usually right with a lot of stuff he talks about as I watch his videos everyday. As far as the commercial, did they really need to add Transgendered??

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join