It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: JDmOKI
I wonder. How many posts on Facebook of YOURS or even your family's has been censored due to content? I imagine little to none.

That's not my point at all and you know that. My family posts pictures and dog videos

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   

These companies don't have a monopoly. So of course antitrust laws don't apply to them. Do these companies own a decent part of the market? No question. Do they own the whole market? Not even close.

If staying in touch with your family is more important than boycotting a company whose politics you don't agree with that's your choice. Just like it's that companies choice to moderate their site as they see fit.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

A transgendered Dove commercial? I thought it was just a father playing dress-up.

The big issue is the feminist and gender activists attempts to undermine science, and the suppression of dissenting views with the typical slanders.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

How do they have us by the balls? You act like these companies have a monopoly but as you yourself have pointed out there are alternatives. Hell, you're on an alternative form of social media as we speak.

It's almost like you want the government to regulate companies like Facebook simply because they are the most successful. How very anti-capitalist of you.

The "problem": technology is the realm of the young. Its the kids who continue to innovate, while adults tend to get locked in mindsets. On top of this, coding isn't something you have to be trained to do....its accessible to any quiet loner.

So its the youth, in particular the marginalized, that seem to have the loudest voice online. And its helped by a media that sees dollar signs in those viewpoints (all media wants is to find a better stick to stir the s### with).

Someone mentioned earlier in this thread (i think) that the vast majority of people don't really see things like any of this. And the majority of people are low volume users of sites like FB. Its the kids....the kids are high volume users who spend money. They are the target of big ticket advertisers. That is why FB tends to seem to appreicate that viewpoint more....its their bread and butter. The rest of us are looking at pictures of our grandkids and grumbling about "triggered SJWs" and "snowflakes".

Honestly, if you are over 25 you likely shouldn't be on FB. We need a different site where we would be viewed as the "high volume" users that guide the site policy. That wont happen, though, unless they can figure out a way to monetize us. And FB does that just well enough that it won't likely change. As a small businessmen I see FB as a critical tool.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
I wonder. How many posts on Facebook of YOURS or even your family's has been censored due to content? I imagine little to none.

That's not my point at all and you know that. My family posts pictures and dog videos

So what's the problem?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

You won't go to jail for calling my wife fat. But you may go to the hospital. And my liability would likely be fairly limited considering.

Its just easier to be polite to everyone, and hope they will reciprocate.

Committing violence against people for saying something is oppression.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

These companies don't have a monopoly. So of course antitrust laws don't apply to them. Do these companies own a decent part of the market? No question. Do they own the whole market? Not even close.

If staying in touch with your family is more important than boycotting a company whose politics you don't agree with that's your choice. Just like it's that companies choice to moderate their site as they see fit.

I agree we can't do anything about their power and is a direct threat to free speech and healthy debate unless we show them and express that we won't tolerate infringement on free speech and healthy debate.

If you guys wanna roll over go ahead just don't whine when they censor something important to you.

May not see an issue now but I have seen increasing censorship in the last few years. Hell I get spoon fed all sorts of propaganda just by using one search on one topic, that's power

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

It may be....but its also human behavior.

In case you haven't noticed, you share a planet with a majority of people who are stupider than you.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
If you guys wanna roll over go ahead just don't whine when they censor something important to you.

Not a problem. Facebook is the last place I'd ever go to get my news, and I've always been like that. That's isn't a guideline I started because of the election or anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

In case you haven't noticed, you share a planet with a majority of people who are stupider than you.

People used to believe slavery was natural.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

The thing is Facebook isn't actively going around moderating things. They only step in when something is reported. And even then only when enough people report it.

So if this account got banned it would only be after a large number of users reported it.

And if Facebook wants to move in a direction where they're pushing a clear cut agenda that's their choice. They'll probably lose a decent part of the market as they'll be alienating 50% of the population. But that's their decision to make.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

I thought it was just a father playing dress-up.

I know that you weren't talking directly to me with that line but quite frankly that is an example of an overt effort to offend, you know like going out of your way to be offensive. My life and identity is not a mother****ing game, it's not make believe. Who I am is who I am and who I choose to be and you obviously do not understand the concept let alone nuances that come with being Transgender.

If we were having this conversation in person that could end up getting your mouth slapped. "Oppression" what a luke warm reactionary response to the concept of merited violence, I imagine you saying that with a soft lispy voice. In most places of the world it is clear understood that being expressly rude,disrespectful and offensive is a good way to be "oppressed". Oh and you know who is oppressed? Usually the loser of the battle so perhaps they should have fought harder, trained their army better or just generally stood up for themselves because I don't know what to tell ya. Humans gonna human and oppression is and always will be a part of humanity. Whether we like it or not someone will always be oppressed and it is up to those people and others who believe in their cause that need to stand up and break those chains. You know who weren't oppressed...Spartans!
edit on 18-4-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-4-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Again, are you looking for some sudden enligtened behavior from the mass of morons on the planet? Humans may have domesticated livestock 10k years ago....but we are still working on domesticating ourselves. Eugenicists tried to employ animal husbandry on humans to "improve" humanity...but that fell out of favor, too.

Nonetheless, Im sure at some point in the future humanity will be singular in its agreement that violence, even against animals to create food, is wrong. Pythagoras was saying this to the idiots around him almost 3k years ago.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

It is true that this is just another example of how Youtube/Google/Twitter/Facebook is attempting to silence conservative activists and limit their influence to shut down any discussion that doesn't tow the line of the Globalist agenda.

Poor conservative activists. Clearly - they would never try to control anything people say, do or believe by using either money or media. Or let's face it - both

Their whining goes straight to my heart...bounces off and lands on the floor where it belongs

YouTube, Google and Twitter can do what they like. Public opinion has forced their hand more than a few times - but they can still do as they wish regardless. If conservatives don't like having their nasty comments removed - they can start their own YouTube

When the government tells these guys what they can or cannot do - then we all should complain
edit on 4/18/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Yes it is oppression. People who committ violence against others for thoughts and words care for nothing but their own feelings, whether they are transgendered or not. It's abject solipsism.

Sorry, but I don't care about your life, and committing violence against others because you don't like what you hear isn't going to help with that.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Again, are you looking for some sudden enligtened behavior from the mass of morons on the planet? Humans may have domesticated livestock 10k years ago....but we are still working on domesticating ourselves. Eugenicists tried to employ animal husbandry on humans to "improve" humanity...but that fell out of favor, too.

Nonetheless, Im sure at some point in the future humanity will be singular in its agreement that violence, even against animals to create food, is wrong. Pythagoras was saying this to the idiots around him almost 3k years ago.

No. Are you making excuses for violence against speech?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

but I don't care about your life,

Oh look at that, we agree except that I'm not sorry about it. You keep being as soft and intellectual as you want to be ok buddy.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

No. Do you always bail out the ship with a teacup when you should instead be swimming?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Go on lamenting about your identity, slapping people in the mouth when they confuse you for a man in a dress.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

No. Do you always bail out the ship with a teacup when you should instead be swimming?

I use a scotch glass.

Yes, appealing to human stupidity is still making excuses.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join