It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dove Soap Ad Features Transgender Mom, Facebook Censors Critics

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom

I didn't say one can't disagree. I've seen the video and his opinion.

I don't consider what he said offensive personally.

But

This subject always ends up being a troll-fest. And that is not cool either.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: anotheramethyst

My brother had his Facebook cancelled last week. He said Facebook sent him a message saying he couldn't run a business Facebook anymore without sending them money. He told them he isn't giving them a fine and told them to go ahead and delete his account.

He has his own business that he has a Facebook page for (for the last 5 years), now they want him to pay. Get bent Facebook!

Luckily, he hasn't suicided himself for not having Facebook like a lot of others would have. Actually, he is completely fine without it!

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Go start your own social media networking site and you can decide what is and isn't censored. Facebook isn't the government. They can censor whatever the hell they want and there is nothing you can do about it.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:07 AM
link   
They're trying to promote discussion on the topic. The conservative dude took the bait and furthered the discussion. Looks like a win-win for Dove.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Well they don't have any transgender Chia Pets, so we still have time.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Some dude ranting on FB is not "free speech". If he wants "free speech" he needs to provide his own soapbox, and get of Zuckerbergs borrowed soapbox.

RE: the commercial....how strange they'd make a commercial that targets a niche demographic wile potentially turning off a much, much larger demographic with deeper pockets.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
When is all this kowtowing to the mentally ill minority going to end? It was funny for awhile, but come on...

I agree with you right up until you call me mentally ill, yes you heard me correctly I agree with you in part. Quite frankly as a Trans person I am getting tired of all the SJW bullsh... myself. At least the stuff that makes the whole mess even more confusing than it already is. Believe me there are plenty of "too sensitive for their own good" types in my community that do try to force people to accept us. I believe that pushing that hard just makes certain people grow to despise us more and view us as some kind of threat to free thought. Do try to keep in mind that this is the establishment and professional SJW's doing this not us the individual's as a whole. We just want to live in peace and not be discriminated against or assaulted for trying to exist and live our lives. So lets try to find that middle ground and coexist peacefully.

So hear me when I say that not all of us want to force you to accept us but rather we just want to live free of violence, discrimination and verbal harassment. For example if we are conversing and the subject comes up then I have no problem saying that I am a Trans woman but I don't go around wearing a badge as some form of declaration. Really this is the only place where I volunteer that information without first being asked. So yes generally speaking I like to be treated as and referred to as any regular woman would want to be treated but I have no delusions about my birth history. Just don't be a Richard about it and we can get along just fine. If you call me he, him or any other male pronoun you get a free pass on the first time, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of it being an honest slip up. Say it again and I will gently correct you, do it again and we have a problem that could escalate to one of or both of us ending up in jail and/or the hospital because I will break you down and tell you about yourself and I have made males tear up and sucker punch me over words.

More to the subject though I have a dear friend who is also Trans and divorced with children. Her children call her daddy and she has no problem with it and has no delusions about that aspect of her life. She knows that she is the childs father and I have asked if that was weird. She said it didn't bother her because she knows her kids are still young and it's not something that they even understand yet but she knows that they do love her very much. She went on to say that whatever they decide to call her is ultimately up to them when they do get old enough to understand and if they want to call her daddy forever then that is fine because that is what she is.

I admit that I was very surprised and relieved by how supportive my family and friends were when I came out. For most of my circle I am the only Trans person that they have ever known personally. I think that lack of exposure is the biggest reason so many despise us, they simply do not know anyone on a personal level that is Trans. It makes it easier to accept someone when you knew/know them on a personal level before their metamorphosis and know them to be a genuinely decent person and productive member of society. I'm not sure if I'm passable or not but I haven't had any unpleasant encounters while out in public and I haven't been misgendered since my hair grew out and I stopped wearing wigs. It's been pretty great to be honest and I'm happier than I have been in a long time.

Just remember that not all of us are over zealous SJW's out to force you to change your beliefs but we are human beings that deserve compassion and dignity just like you and every other person on the planet save for those that have forgone their humanity in pursuit of truly despicable and evil acts.

Oh and Mark Dice is a fear mongering, overly sensitive whack job, see people on either side of the fence can be overly sensitive.
edit on 18-4-2017 by RainbowPhoenix because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Some people will bitch about anything.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
a reply to: RainbowPhoenix

Well said.

I hope that post reminds everyone that we are dealing with human beings and their right to simply be.

Its an aspect that gets lost when tossing around concepts like SJW and stuff. You don't necessarily have to understand where someone is coming from, but it costs nothing to respect their existence.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:46 AM
link   

A lot of us already are.......and it get's deleted.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: markosity1973

I will dare stick my neck out and say that when talking about gender identity and sexual orientation is treated with the same respect as speaking about race there will be no need for censorship.

Freedom of speech means being able to say what you want about something, in this case transgendered folk, and when you want to say it, whether it is politically correct, offensive, or not.

Period.

Is the cry baby who can't follow the rules of the house in jail? No? Boom! Freedom of Speech.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I will dare stick my neck out and say that when talking about gender identity and sexual orientation is treated with the same respect as speaking about race there will be no need for censorship.

Freedom of speech means being able to say what you want about something, in this case transgendered folk, and when you want to say it, whether it is politically correct, offensive, or not.

Period.

Is the cry baby who can't follow the rules of the house in jail? No? Boom! Freedom of Speech.

It can't be stressed how often people ignore this point. Freedom of Speech ONLY (I cannot stress this word enough) applies to the government infringing it. Everything else is open game.
edit on 18-4-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Period.

I think that what you are saying is what happened: homey said what he wanted when he wanted.

I think what is implied is that he should be able to say what he wants without ramifications. You should look up "Fighting Words" in the legal context. Your freedom of speech doesn't necessarily mean I won't get away with a moderate beat down in response.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
I don't think transgender women are real women, does anybody?

NOPE!

I never will either no mattter how much the SJW tell me too.

Only a very small but loud minority really beleive in there delusions.

originally posted by: Raggedyman
Anyway, the christian spin, it is to love people, not judge them
The bloke in the clip doesn't strike me as a nice person, is it any wonder that there is so much anti christian hate in the world
Just doesn't preach Christs message of love to the world

Sorry this guys a bit foolish

I agree. They may never be real women. But I wish them no hate or ill will and they should be free to mutilate their bodies as they wish.
edit on 18-4-2017 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Such the authoritarian. "You don't like the shutting down of opinions find something else!"

fight Google and facebook?

As long as something meets your narrative you have zero issue. No matter what you agree with or support shutting down of differing opinions is a direct threat to healthy debate. Liberals have basically created an echo chamber and celebrate shutting down others.

I don't have a problem with the commercial but if they can't handle criticism and actively shut it down, screw them.

This transgender movement is basically a way for liberals to feel like they're apart of something in their dull boring lives. I see young gender neutral people around campus all day and no one bothers them.

I'm a man of science and we only have two genders no matter how many potentially harmful hormones you pump into your body

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

As a "man of science" you may want to understand the difference between sex and gender.

/shrug

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

SJWs have magical powers that suddenly make words illegal?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: Kali74

Period.

It can't be stressed how often people ignore this point. Freedom of Speech ONLY (I cannot stress this word enough) applies to the government infringing it. Everything else is open game.

How can you agree with juggernauts like Facebook and Google shutting down opinions? Billions of people use their services and they have zero competition. Maybe we should break them up so we have opinions and they don't have such control over the narratives and expected differing opinions of their users.

You under a estimate the power these companies have over the sheep

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Maybe you should make your own.

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Blah blah blah. Don't like it? Don't use Facebook. Bitching about it to me won't change anything. I really don't care what you think about me. This is how the country has always worked. You are complaining about nothing.

I find it funny that you accuse me of being authoritarian but tell me to "fight Google and Facebook". The only way to legally fight Facebook without infringing on their rights as a company would be to not use their service or start a new company to replace them. SURPRISE! That was what I told you to do originally.

Sheesh... The conservative justice warriors always pushing their persecution complex.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join