It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and The Coming Storm

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12
Your Right to Believe

You probably cherish your right to believe whatever you wish to believe. So does almost everyone else. By exercising this right, earth’s six billion inhabitants have produced an amazing diversity of beliefs. Like the variations in color, shape, texture, taste, smell, and sound that we find in creation, differing beliefs often add interest, excitement, and enjoyment to life. Such variety can, indeed, be the spice of life.—Psalm 104:24.

BUT there is a need for caution. Some beliefs are not only different but also dangerous. Early in the 20th century, for example, some people came to believe that Jews and Freemasons had plans to “disrupt Christian civilization and erect a world state under their joint rule.” One source of this belief was an anti-Semitic tract entitled Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion. The tract alleged that the plans included advocating excessive taxation, promoting armament production, encouraging giant monopolies so that ‘Gentile wealth could be destroyed in one blow.’ Allegations also included manipulating the education system so as to ‘turn Gentiles into unthinking beasts,’ and even constructing underground railways to join capital cities so that the Jewish elders could ‘quell any opposers by blowing them sky-high.’

These, of course, were lies—designed to inflame anti-Semitic feelings. ‘This preposterous fiction,’ says Mark Jones of the British Museum, ‘spread abroad from Russia,’ where it first appeared in a newspaper article in 1903. It reached The Times of London on May 8, 1920. More than a year later, The Times exposed the document as a fake. In the meantime, the damage had been done. ‘Lies like these,’ says Jones, ‘are hard to suppress.’ Once people accept them, they produce some very jaundiced, poisonous, and dangerous beliefs—often with disastrous consequences, as the history of the 20th century has shown.—Proverbs 6:16-19.

Belief Versus Truth

Of course, it does not take deliberate lies to develop mistaken beliefs. At times, we just misread things. How many people have met untimely deaths doing something they believed was right? Then again, often we believe a thing simply because we want to believe it. One professor says that even scientists “often fall in love with their own constructions.” Their beliefs becloud their critical judgment. Then they may spend a lifetime in vain trying to shore up mistaken beliefs.—Jeremiah 17:9.

Similar things have happened with religious beliefs—where immense contradictions exist. (1 Timothy 4:1; 2 Timothy 4:3, 4) One man has deep faith in God. Another says that the man is only “weaving faith out of moonshine.” One maintains that you have an immortal soul that survives death. Another believes that when you die you cease to exist, totally and completely. Obviously, conflicting beliefs like these cannot all be true. Is it not the course of wisdom, then, to make sure that what you believe actually is true and not simply what you want to believe? (Proverbs 1:5) How can you do that? The following article will examine this subject.
Why Do You Believe What You Believe?

To believe has been defined as “to accept as true, genuine, or real.” The United Nations Universal Declaration of Human Rights enshrines every person’s “right to freedom of thought, conscience and religion.” This right includes the freedom “to change his religion or belief” if he wants to do so.

WHY, though, would anyone want to change his religion or belief? “I have my own beliefs, and I am happy with them,” is the commonly expressed view. Many feel that even mistaken beliefs cause little harm to anyone. Someone who believes that the earth is flat, for example, is not likely to hurt himself or anyone else. “We should just agree to differ,” some say. Is that always wise? Would a doctor simply agree to differ if one of his colleagues continued to believe he could go straight from handling dead bodies in a morgue to examining sick patients in a hospital ward?

When it comes to religion, mistaken beliefs have historically caused great harm. Think of the horrors that resulted when religious leaders “inspired Christian zealots to pitiless violence” during the so-called Holy Crusades of the Middle Ages. Or think of the modern-day “Christian” gunmen in a recent civil war who, “just like medieval warriors who had saints’ names on their sword hilts, taped pictures of the Virgin to their rifle butts.” All these zealots believed that they were right. Yet, obviously in these and other religious struggles and fights, something was terribly wrong.

Why is there so much confusion and conflict? The Bible’s answer is that Satan the Devil is “misleading the entire inhabited earth.” (Revelation 12:9; 2 Corinthians 4:4; 11:3) The apostle Paul warned that many religious people would, sadly, be “doomed to perish” because they would be deceived by Satan, who would “produce miracles and wonders calculated to deceive.” Such ones, said Paul, would “shut their minds to the love of truth which could have saved them” and would thus be ‘deluded into believing what is a lie.’ (2 Thessalonians 2:9-12, The New Testament, by William Barclay) How can you minimize the possibility of believing a lie? Why, in fact, do you believe the way you do?

Brought Up to Believe It?

Perhaps you have been brought up in the beliefs of your family. That may well be a good thing. God wants parents to teach their children. (Deuteronomy 6:4-9; 11:18-21) The young man Timothy, for example, benefited greatly from listening to his mother and grandmother. (2 Timothy 1:5; 3:14, 15) The Scriptures encourage respect for what parents believe. (Proverbs 1:8; Ephesians 6:1) But did your Creator mean for you to believe things simply because your parents believe them? Unthinking adherence to what previous generations believed and did can, in fact, be dangerous.—Psalm 78:8; Amos 2:4.

A Samaritan woman who met Jesus Christ had been brought up to believe in her Samaritan religion. (John 4:20) Jesus respected her freedom to choose what she wanted to believe, but he also pointed out to her: “You worship what you do not know.” Many of her religious beliefs were, in fact, mistaken, and he told her that she would have to make changes in her beliefs if she was going to worship God acceptably—“with spirit and truth.” Rather than cling to what were no doubt cherished beliefs, she and others like her would, in time, have to become “obedient to the faith” revealed through Jesus Christ.—John 4:21-24, 39-41; Acts 6:7.

Educated to Believe It?

Many teachers and authorities in specialized fields of knowledge deserve great respect. Yet, history is littered with examples of renowned teachers who were absolutely wrong. For example, regarding two books on scientific matters written by Greek philosopher Aristotle, historian Bertrand Russell stated that “hardly a sentence in either can be accepted in the light of modern science.” Even modern-day authorities often get things drastically wrong. “Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible,” was the confident assertion of British scientist Lord Kelvin in 1895. A wise person, therefore, does not blindly believe that something is true simply because some authoritative teacher says it is.—Psalm 146:3.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

The same caution is needed when it comes to religious education. The apostle Paul was well-educated by his religious teachers and was extremely “zealous for the traditions of [his] fathers.” His zeal for the traditional beliefs of his ancestors, however, actually created problems for him. It led to his “persecuting the congregation of God and devastating it.” (Galatians 1:13, 14; John 16:2, 3) Worse still, for a long time, Paul kept “kicking against the goads,” resisting the influences that should have led him to believe in Jesus Christ. It required a dramatic intervention by Jesus himself to move Paul to adjust his beliefs.—Acts 9:1-6; 26:14.

Influenced by the Media?

Maybe the media have greatly influenced your beliefs. Most people are glad that there is freedom of speech in the media, giving them access to information that can be useful. However, there are powerful forces that can and frequently do manipulate the media. What is often presented is biased information that can insidiously affect your thinking.

In addition, to appeal to or to attract a larger audience, the media tend to give publicity to what is sensational and unconventional. What could hardly be said or printed for public consumption just a few years ago has become commonplace today. Slowly but surely, established standards of behavior are attacked and whittled away. People’s thinking is gradually becoming distorted. They begin to believe that “good is bad and bad is good.”—Isaiah 5:20; 1 Corinthians 6:9, 10.

Finding a Sound Basis for Belief

Building on the ideas and philosophies of men is like building on sand. (Matthew 7:26; 1 Corinthians 1:19, 20) On what, then, can you confidently base your beliefs? Since God has given you intellectual capacity to investigate the world around you and to ask questions concerning spiritual matters, does it not make sense that he would also provide the means to get accurate answers to your questions? (1 John 5:20) Yes, of course he would! How, though, can you establish what is true, genuine, or real in matters of worship? We have no hesitation in saying that God’s Word, the Bible, provides the only basis for doing this.—John 17:17; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17.

“But wait,” someone will say, “is it not the very ones who have the Bible who have caused the most conflict and confusion in world affairs?” Well, it is true that religious leaders who claim to follow the Bible have produced many confusing and conflicting ideas. This is because they have not, in fact, based their beliefs on the Bible. The apostle Peter describes them as “false prophets” and “false teachers” who would create “destructive sects.” As a consequence of their activities, says Peter, “the way of the truth will be spoken of abusively.” (2 Peter 2:1, 2) Still, writes Peter, “we have the prophetic word made more sure; and you are doing well in paying attention to it as to a lamp shining in a dark place.”—2 Peter 1:19; Psalm 119:105.

The Bible encourages us to check our beliefs against what it teaches. (1 John 4:1) Millions of readers of this magazine can testify that doing so has added purpose and stability to their lives. So be like the noble-minded Beroeans. ‘Carefully examine the Scriptures daily’ before you decide what to believe. (Acts 17:11) Jehovah’s Witnesses will be happy to help you to do this. Of course, it is your decision as to what you want to believe. However, it is the course of wisdom to make sure that your beliefs are shaped, not by human wisdom and desires, but, rather, by God’s revealed Word of truth.—1 Thessalonians 2:13; 5:21.

Who really rules this world? Bible Questions Answered

Religion is a Snare and a Racket (video playlist)
edit on 17-4-2017 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Jacques Etienne Marconis de Nègre create the Rite of Memphis with Samuel Honis, 1838 and General Giuseppe Garibaldi united them in 1881 as the Rite of Memphis-Misraim, in practice by 1889; It used the 33 degrees of the Scottish Rite of Freemasonry and added

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

like "make no mistakes"?

well, I think baptism is water introducing itself ` i am your friend that washes your hand` and then says that it knows about my suffering, and it knows me so well it says (not to make me panic) what are you doing this weekend?
because then whole beach is like heaven, too lit and i died and as if i will just now see my dead grandma. it gives you a little weird panic.

then i wasnt thirsty and still to check to it i went to the water fountain and drank. it was like i didnt have a stomach and i could drink forever. but i stopped. i dont know why.
edit on 17-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-4-2017 by xbeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

is that because they are also one and the same

edit on 17-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

So was Hitler a Mason? Is that what you are trying to say? Was it that Opus Dei reference that set you off?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
is that because they are also one and the same

Because what is one in the same?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
ahh Mason bashing
never gets old

those wack a mole games
was outfitted to have the heads of Historically popular masons
and you had to bash em real hard
done by Rosicrucian's/Masons with a wicked sense of humour

edit on 17-4-2017 by kibric because: boo

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
What barely bothers me (to each his own), is how the "Mason" personalities on this site get dodgy, defensive, sarcastic and pretty much just steer away from legit questions whatever they maybe.

If masonry is about developing spiritually, that means one believes in the spirit. But i dont see much spirituality seeping from most mason-personalities on this site, also in any town ive been in with lodges.

What's so spiritual and moral about dressing up, acting pretending things like children? How about going on the internet being sarcastic, playing dumb and being dodgy?

For "lulz"? Grow up. You're grow ass men behaving like children trying to develop "spiritually".

Without female companionship within any sect, there is no spiriutal wholeness to adapt and develop from. Men cannot spiritually advance and develop without women, that is truth, as they must learn from eachother to learn wholeness and gradually develop and mature from both aides.

Other words living your own lies, fantasies of men and deception within symbolism... its pathetic really. Almost as pathetic as coming to the internet defending it while stroking your little masonic-ego.

Cheers

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Elementalist
What barely bothers me (to each his own), is how the "Mason" personalities on this site get dodgy, defensive, sarcastic and pretty much just steer away from legit questions whatever they maybe.

What questions do you need answered? I didn't see any in your post.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Without female companionship within any sect, there is no spiriutal wholeness to adapt and develop from. Men cannot spiritually advance and develop without women, that is truth, as they must learn from eachother to learn wholeness and gradually develop and mature from both aides.

I don't find that to have been the truth in the course of my life. My spirituality and spiritual wholeness has never depended on another person at all, male, female or otherwise. I can look back over the course of my life and find my spiritual growth progress from where I was to where I am now and I've done it on my own, whether I was sharing the path with others or not.

and I'd bet there are a number of monk orders over in Europe and/or Asia that would absolutely disagree. Maybe nunneries too.

So while that may be your truth, I don't think it's everyone's truth...and many others seem to be getting along spiritually fine.

and that' just my opinion...

My experience with masons was limited to an uncle of mine. He wasn't really very spiritual as far as I could tell. He was very secretive and very good at manipulating a conversation away from the subject of freemasonry any time anyone ever tried to talk to him about it. When he had others from his lodge around, they were very rude to me or just totally didn't acknowledge me. Admittedly, I was a young kid, but still. So I've never had a particularly good view about masons. They were all equally secretive as well. So, while I am sure there are some good, friendly, non-rude masons out there, I'll just never be able to buy into their "nothing see here, we're a hedge, move along.".

But I do find the whole thing pretty fascinating and watch shows on the Discovery channel and Learning channel and the like lol

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Thanatos0042

ooo you so lovely.
are you takin punches for people?

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
BUT I'm a girl, so I can't be a mason, so I will never be able to confirm this (hint hint, masons, hint hint, get with the times).

Hello anotheramethyst and Elementalist.

There are several Orders of all-female and mixed-gender Freemasonic Obediences. I am a member of a mixed Lodge under the jurisdiction of Le Droit Humain. Unlike the Order of the Eastern Star, these all-female and mixed-gender Lodges work and confer the actual and legitimate degrees of Freemasonry.

The Order I belong to fully recognizes and respects 4 legitimate branches of Freemasonry:
1. Male-Craft (U.G.L.E., Regular U.S. Grand Lodge, and Prince Hall)
2. Continental Grand Orient
3. Female-Craft
4. Co-Freemasonry (mixed-gender)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what makes your morning wake up routine different than the OTO?

That, my friend, is a secret. I'm the only male member of my lodge, however, I will confess.

We are a group of men who try to make themselves and their communities better. We don't try to advertise what we do and we don't tell anyone else how or what to do. And much like the OTO, our rituals are meant to be viewed and understood by the initiates and the adepts. It's that way so that good men who were curious would ask and then find the way to our door.

For any Mason to deny the inherent occult mysticism--and its practice--in the "Craft" means they are either disingenuous or lacking in basic ritual understanding.

The more serious Masons and Adepts certainly do have that understanding and the scholarly literature from Masons themselves is both voluminous and clear to these assertions.

That's not an indictment, but rather a statement based in factual evidence.

I'm sure there are plenty of Masons who are just along for the camaraderie and fellowship---whole lodges of them I'm sure. But to think, or assert, that all Freemasonry is, as a whole, is a fraternal organization with a few character-building "stage plays" is, as stated, either deception or ignorance.

No matter what a Freemason may state or believe about the P2 Lodge and Gelli, we have in their journey of power and magic an empirical example of an impressive and powerful conspiracy born of secrecy and Masonic initiation.

I have no personal problem with the secrets and mysteries--to each his own--but do get a little bored with meaningless chatter and deflection from apologists. It's hard to have conversation of any depth that way.

Having said all that: Love ya' Dude!!

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

I'm the only male member of my lodge, however, I will confess.

wha ????

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

it is a joke

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: xbeta

hence the sad face

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One of the founding fathers Jefferson was a Freemason and in his version of the constitutions he mentions "stupid atheists" so interpret that as you will.

As for rituals we all have our own, I pull out the I..I when i see or do something that is KVLT (read cult) that is metal as fudge. As for the documents that is up for debate, I could create a similar pseudo manifesto and I don't believe anyone would be stupid enough to emblazen their watermark on secretive documents.

But that's for the council of cake to decide, a cult/religion I just invented, I'm still working on the secret hand shake.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: eisegesis
the photos ... referred to a Hallowin party

went looking for those photos because they sounded entertaining.
i think these are the ones giornalediviaggio.blogspot.com...
i dont really see anything wrong with them though, other then the fact it appears to have been in a strip club. maybe im overlooking something.

edit on 17-4-2017 by NobodiesNormal because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: kibric

but you should laugh at jokes.
once i wasnt laughing and they tickled me too hard i was gonna die laughing.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join