It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freemasonry and The Coming Storm

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Okay, so then could you clear up the matter with the script one would follow in Jersey?

No, I cannot. But you can easily find it by looking up 'Entered Apprentice Degree Ritual New Jersey'.

Alright, so the Masonic Baptism isn't until the Master Mason's degree initiation rite.

You can call it whatever you want if it chubs you up, doesn't make it accurate.

Does the "Worshipful Master" lead that ceremony?

The Master leads all ceremonies.

Note that I'm not even knocking whatever 'god' it is that masonry "isnt" about, just this coy game they play in total DECEPTION about what it is. I suppose that is the nature of the beast, the nature of esotericism afterall. But I'm a stickler for deception and this stuff annoys the hell out of me.

I really do not care if you are annoyed or think people are deceiving you. The last thing I think about when I got to Lodge is what a bunch of people I never met think of me.

And for the record I call God 'Satan', but only on here so I can get a rise out of people. The rest of the time I call God 'God'.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Why do you always presume to know what groups think, feel and believe better than the people that belong to those groups? You have quite the ego.
edit on 4/16/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Ritual or playing dress up...You decide!!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Hey, if they are going to release technology, by all means let them. Too many evil in this world suppressing our technological advance especially the chance to end radiation, pollution, etc.

edit on 16-4-2017 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   

+12 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

It's interesting to me that there seems to be a concerted effort by the self-proclaimed Masons to obfuscate the original points raised in your post.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Please Stay on Topic!

You are responsible for your own posts.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus
I always forget. Each group I'm in claims something different.

You need to find a better source as that is not the ritual used, at least by my Grand Lodge.

The first degree is the foundation upon which one's Masonic knowledge is built. It has nothing to do with death, burial, or resurrection.

Freemasonry isn't a cult: www.abovetopsecret.com...

There is no baptism performed.

The Worshipful Master is the presiding officer of the Lodge. Please note that "Worshipful" is an old English word for "respectful or venerable."

a reply to: The GUT
Freemasonry is, first and foremost, an initiatic order whose rituals attempt to transform men both spiritually and morally. The ritualistic initiation is what separates Freemasonry from the other fraternal and philanthropic organizations such as the Kiwanis or the Rotary.

Ritual isn’t just important to Freemasonry; it is an important aspect of society and human existence. There are a number of categories of rituals such as social rituals, military rituals, celebratory rituals, worship rituals, funerary rituals, bardic rituals, and initiatic rituals. Freemasonry is filled with a variety of rituals, but the most notable is the initiatic or initiation rituals. Rituals remind us of what is important as well as providing a sense of stability and continuity in our lives; it educates us in the values of an organization, allows for knowledge to be passed from generation to generation unchanged, and binds the members together, not just in the Lodge, but across time and space. Masonic rituals attempt to impart values and lessons through symbolism.

I define ritual as “dramatic, planned sets of activities that bring together aspects of an organization’s culture in a single event” often through the use of symbols and, in regards to Freemasonry, ritual is the physical enactment of our central myth—the Hiramic legend. Concerning the term “myth”, it is a popular notion that myth equates fiction. In reality, myths can be both fiction and non-fiction, but the origin of the use of myth is in oral traditions, which is the telling of stories and legends were passed down through the generations via storytellers. Written myths often came about centuries after an oral myth originated. The validity aside, oral myths did not stay consistent, but were used to help explain an event or philosophy to a largely illiterate people. To contrast rituals and myths, scholars like Edward Tylor, argues that ritual stems from and is secondary to myth; that myths give birth to rituals.

The history of rituals demonstrates there has been an intimate part of human existence. In 2006, scientists discovered evidence in Botswana that humans were practicing rituals around 70,000-years ago. The scientists discovered in a cave, a pit filled with arrow heads that had been burned next to wall paintings and believed that the ritual surrounded the creation myth that man was descended from a python (which was depicted in one of the paintings). Persians, Egyptians, Romans, and Grecians, in ancient history, had organizations such as mystery cults who met in secret and used initiation rituals to bestow upon candidates philosophical and moral knowledge as well as the modes of recognition.

FULL READ

a reply to: TobyFlenderson
Please note that my first post addressed the OP concerning the Rites of Memphis & Mizraim.

+3 more 
posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You will notice that while not being a religion, it gets defended like a sacred belief. Not to say that the op is legit or anything, but there's more Public Relations books and articles for masonry than for United airlines lol

That being said, they do use different rituals in different sects. But they serve the same psychological purpose as religious rites, so I dont see the difference really.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

When my cat died there was perfume smell in the room.i looked everywhere where it was coming and i couldnt find it.i was crying a lot maybe my senses were mixed. Somebody said kaf i mean kaphre had cat bastet in his temple too as his protector. I have many memories with may cat.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: KSigMason

What is baptism in definition? Like being friend with water?

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KSigMason

Freemasonry is, first and foremost, an initiatic order whose rituals attempt to transform men both spiritually and morally. The ritualistic initiation is what separates Freemasonry from the other fraternal and philanthropic organizations such as the Kiwanis or the Rotary.

Ritual isn’t just important to Freemasonry; it is an important aspect of society and human existence. There are a number of categories of rituals such as social rituals, military rituals, celebratory rituals, worship rituals, funerary rituals, bardic rituals, and initiatic rituals. Freemasonry is filled with a variety of rituals, but the most notable is the initiatic or initiation rituals.

...Persians, Egyptians, Romans, and Grecians, in ancient history, had organizations such as mystery cults who met in secret and used initiation rituals to bestow upon candidates philosophical and moral knowledge as well as the modes of recognition.

Esoteric. Check.
Initiation. Check.
Ritual. Check.
Symbolism. Check.

I'm just trying to figure out what makes Freemasonry different than, say, the O.T.O?

Ritual

1.1 A prescribed order for performing a ritual ceremony, especially one characteristic of a particular religion or Church.‘she likes the High Church ritual’

1.2 A series of actions or type of behaviour regularly and invariably followed by someone.‘her visits to Joy became a ritual’

ADJECTIVE

attributive Relating to or done as a religious or solemn rite.
‘ritual burial’

‘a ritual murder’

OxfordDictionaries

Thanks for the reply, Ksig.
edit on 16-4-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

I liked the typings in your posts. They have a special font. :-)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe

I am sorry. There was too much talking this morning and i couldnt concentrate very well. And a song was very sad. If i asked something stupid perhaps i am corrected in time.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

God sounds very angry when poor is not dressed and god makes everyone cry with his sadness over it.

posted on Apr, 17 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Ridhya
We Masons on ATS defend what is right. If bad information is put out why would we stand by and not correct it?

Also, there's more than one kind of ritual. There are a number of categories of rituals such as social rituals, military rituals, celebratory rituals, worship rituals, funerary rituals, bardic rituals, and initiatic rituals.

a reply to: xbeta
I see baptism as the cleansing or washing of the soul from sin.

What's the differences between Freemasonry and the OTO? The central myth, principles, lessons, and so on.

Also see: What are the differences between freemasonry and Ordo Templi Orientis?
edit on 17-4-2017 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join