It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea attempts but fails to launch missile

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

The next evolution of hacking.

Is turning states weapons systems against themselves.

If we aren't there already.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yours was to good to not try to extend it some haha

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

We're there.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

Time for pre-emptive strike? Before they can actually pop a nuke off at SK of the Japs.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I wouldn't be stunned if one of their own caused the launch to fail. I can't believe all of their military leadership is blind to the fact that they would actually be obliterated if they push countries like the U.S. and China to the breaking point.

Looks like we are considering other options, other than war.. which is great. They should exhaust all options until an attack is the only possible response left.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   
"A North Korean ballistic missile test ended in failure when it exploded five seconds after launch, two US officials tell Fox News."

Sound familiar?

It's from March 22, 2017: www.foxnews.com...

I wonder what North Korea's running Success/Failure rate is? Perhaps Kim Jong isn't worth all the attention he's getting.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

"A North Korean ballistic missile test ended in failure when it exploded five seconds after launch, two US officials tell Fox News."

Sound familiar?

I wonder what North Korea's running Success/Failure rate is? Perhaps Kim Jong isn't worth all the attention he's getting.

*Puts satellite weapon controller away under the bed* Oh so sad. terrible terrible. hyuuuge setback.
Whats funny is we can make weapons explode over their own soil if we wanted to. Might be why russia is so leery about attacking. hacked their deadman switch prolly.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Hmmmm, since this is CONSPIRACY site,
Imagine if the Space X rocket that mysteriously blew up on the pad awhile back was actually a space based laser weapon, which has now taken out a NK rocket?
Combine this with Assad talking about the Deep Government in the US and Trumps about face on NATO, and US offensive manouvers throughout the world and BAM....

Evidence of greater powers in control?
Wht would Hilbot have done different?
Very intriguing to say the least.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: carewemust

Sound familiar?

*Puts satellite weapon controller away under the bed* Oh so sad. terrible terrible. hyuuuge setback.
Whats funny is we can make weapons explode over their own soil if we wanted to. Might be why russia is so leery about attacking. hacked their deadman switch prolly.

Since so many of Kim Jong's missiles explode the same way, there has to be an external force at work. When U.S. military officials are asked if we are responsible, they just "wink" and clam up.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Not necessarily. A lot of our early rockets had similar failures when we first started.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   
If anyone can leave a link with satellites tracking with past data it would be nice to see what was passing above NK when the failure occured.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 10:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

originally posted by: neo96

We're there.

But are the North Koreans?

By which I mean, do we really know how sophisticated the electronics aboard those NK missiles really are?

As noted elsewhere, the US suffered many launch failures in the early days of its rocket program.

The electronics on those missiles were rudimentary, barely existent by today's standards.

The computational power and sophistication of your average smartphone is many times what went up on the Saturn V Apollo missions.

Such basic systems are far less vulnerable to external cyber attacks: External attacks.

There is no reason to assume that NK, while attempting to fast track its ICBM program, would invest time and precious resources trying to develop delicate and sophisticated electronics for those missiles, if simpler and more robust systems had proven more than sufficient for Russia, China, and the US.
edit on 16-4-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

Not necessarily. A lot of our early rockets had similar failures when we first started.

Our "early" rockets were 1960's? North Korea must still have vacuum tubes in their launch systems, LOL.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Why not? They work and are fairly bulletproof. All they really need is an INS system to navigate with. They're also more resistant to EMP like effects.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Top secret drone at work
www.liveleak.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Hmm.... NK blaming US for their failed launch...

CT here... could China have invoked the kill switch on some of the electronics?

No clue, but thought I would throw it out there..

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

A report came out the other day that China supplied a lot of the subassemblies and electronic components for the rocket that launched their satellite. They may have built a backdoor in.

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

I bet the US had it targeted!

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I would hope so... they had no problem with using those to supply US computers...

I think China is over NK... They are now an economic power... the NK deal is becoming a nuisance...

Even to China...

Let's hope that this will trigger an effort to remove the noose over that region, that has existed since the cease fire of the 1950's...

It's time for a unified Korea....

posted on Apr, 16 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: JacKatMtn

China has been moving away from them for years. They're fed up with people coming across their border along with other things.

They won't allow a unified Korea, and I'd be surprised if the South does honestly. China doesn't wasn't a western friendly nation right on their border. They need a buffet.

As for the south, they'd almost bankrupt themselves trying to bring the north up even close to their level.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join