It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

United States-Russia-Syria

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta
a reply to: JinMI

It makes sense for Trump to warn Russia. He's making a stand but at the same time trying to let Putin know it's nothing against him.

As well, everybody is saying that Assad's move makes no sense. That indicates to me a high probability that he actually made the move. The best tactic is the most unpredictable and unexplainable one - until the result is revealed.

Not necessarily. I have a simple explanation that I have yet to see pop up here or anywhere else for that matter. Assad drops gas suspecting a reaction from Trump, but not expecting the Russians to be warned. It would be a great way to cause the "bear" to be poked. If U. S. and Russia launch all of their nukes at each other then the only one left for the M. E. to worry about is China. China doesn't get involved in other countries sht unless it directly affects them. They could care less about humanitarianism. So Assad is free to do what he wants. Even if it didn't come to using Nukes, if U.S. went to war we would be too busy to police the M.E.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

I had thought about that but dismissed it based upon the fact that it was Russia's duty to make sure Syria's chemical weapons were gone. It would really put Russia-Syria at odds IMO.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

It makes sense for Trump to warn Russia. He's making a stand but at the same time trying to let Putin know it's nothing against him.

As well, everybody is saying that Assad's move makes no sense. That indicates to me a high probability that he actually made the move. The best tactic is the most unpredictable and unexplainable one - until the result is revealed.

Not necessarily. I have a simple explanation that I have yet to see pop up here or anywhere else for that matter. Assad drops gas suspecting a reaction from Trump, but not expecting the Russians to be warned. It would be a great way to cause the "bear" to be poked. If U. S. and Russia launch all of their nukes at each other then the only one left for the M. E. to worry about is China. China doesn't get involved in other countries sht unless it directly affects them. They could care less about humanitarianism. So Assad is free to do what he wants. Even if it didn't come to using Nukes, if U.S. went to war we would be too busy to police the M.E.

I hadn't considered that angle entirely. But the end result that I have been thinking would benefit Assad is the same. Good thinking, though.

As I said before, it's good to see people thinking strategically instead of optimistically.

posted on Apr, 7 2017 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: madenusa

Saddam and the cold war vs Syria and Isis? Really. Different times, different leaders.

Might as well say 'go ahead, everyone, build nuclear weapons. Air test them
, after all, we did!! Way back when....

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   
OK , so Assad hands over his chemical weapons ,
they are exported to somewhere , by someone ,
then handed to the rebels ....
who bring them back in ,
and hide them in the top floor of a building in a
rebel held area .....
Then ...
Assad and Russians fed intel on where to airstrike
said rebels .... , on a nice calm night ,
presto , .... chemical attack blamed on Syrian air force ,
and or Russians ,.....

ergo , a perfect chance to escalate said conflict .

.... maybe

Then Russian Navy ship confronts American ships ,....

Hello WW3

imo .... maybe

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I'll go with Occam's razor on this one. The rebels aren't happy with losing US support/foreign policy changes so they stage a CW attack and BOOM! everyone's back on their side again. They and ISIS are the only ones who have anything to gain from this mess.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 04:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj
Trump did the right thing.
By any standards, he did the right thing.

There is no issue here really. There is only a fear of repercussion. But what repercussion can there be when one has the truth on one's side?

Unless he blamed the wrong guy and it was the jihadis that used the chemical weapons.

originally posted by: JonjonjBack to honest words: Would you prefer that chemical weapons were an everyday thing? Permitted through ignorance?

What I would prefer is a thorough investigation and the evidence presented before military action is taken.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

McCain, the chairman of the influential Senate Armed Services Committee, applauded Trump and the military for sending "an important message the United States will no longer stand idly by as Assad, continues to defend his country against invasion.

(fixed in bold italics)

Wow

I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. Killing your own countrymen is not defending your country from invasion. It's being a murderous despot.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: TarzanBeta

Hey Tarzan, I'm going to punch your buddy in the mouth. Take a step back so I can and I expect you not to retaliate!

Not a perfect analogy but you see my intention.

Assad would only draw condemnation from the international community. He would make Russia look like fools or cohorts in their supposed dismissal of chemical weapons. When I say it makes no sense, I mean he/they have zero to gain.

In return we have the fastest response to a perceived action with minimal evidence.

Hey JinMi, your buddy has been bashing his wife and children, I'm gonna punch him in the face. If you want to step out of the way, that'd be great...

If not, you know I'll punch you too... and you know I can. So, up to you pal. If you wan't to get into fistie cuffs with me, you're welcome to, but given your inability to recover from a flogging, you might want to think about it.

Oh I just snotted your buddy. He seems butthurt now. Sorry about that, but maybe he won't beat his wife and kids next time....

shake hands?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: DBCowboy

That's the thing.

We can't form an opinion because we don't have the facts.

There's plenty of conjecture. But facts are as scares as a virgin in Vegas.

Your opinion has been formed already, they've bombed them without an investigation. Were suppose to believe these NAZIS on faith even though they've lied to us thousands of times.

Your lack of knowledge is not a lack of investigation.

Put it this way, do you think the region is left in monitored? If air craft had left that area, and been monitored over where the chemical attack was, and returned, with reports of planes dropping chemical weapons AND verified chemical attacks...

wake up, come on....

Oh we don't know, because intelligence hasn't told us... stop living in obama land.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

I think it's still too early to come to any conclusion, given all the conflicting information, but honestly it looks like a false flag done by Trump himself. I guess we can only hope that he knows a lot more than he's telling us and this is a calculated chess move. Either that or the alternative is, we are all ##.

So, in some bizarro reality,

Trump chemically attacked a region in Syria, when Assad has been known to use chemical weapons in the past, and Russia has failed to ensure he has lost that capability to do so. But Trump is responsible, just so he can throw billions of dollars of missiles at 7 or maybe 8 people.

No you would have to be right, he and his staffers did know more. He's not so retarded, despite how this will play out with the left wingers.

Man we're really going to kill each other with this sort of heat, and the enemy of the west just has to sit back and wait....

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

OK, I'll follow you down that rabbit hole for a few.

What would Assad and in effect Russia gain by using CM against those people. Let's even go further and assume they were not the intended target but perhaps Al-qaida assailants.

Do think he could have kept it a secret from the international community?
Is there any instance were he and in effect Russia can get away with those types of war crimes?

I see what your saying, it's just not adding up to me.

He's done it before. How does an despot's arrogance fit your bill? Or is he some global peace keeper being maligned by the evil Trump, so more war can occur?

I don't get your stance.

Your calculator says 1+1 = 59038490875 while my abacus says 1 red bean and 1 red bean, gives me 2 red beans.

Strange, how people are these days... it's good to seek truth, but not at the expense of truth.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

People actually died in Syria. The U.S.A. responded supposedly because of the attack, from whomever, that killed those people.
People have actually being dying in Syria for quite a while now. Including babies.

But with chemical weapons? Which are supposed to be gone, with Russian observation.

Duh, people have died... way to miss the point, as usual, mister contrarian.

(post by LoneWrecche removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   

So where is this evidence. Will it make it to the people?

They say they have undeniable evidence. My question is if they release it would anyone here believe it?

I contend that not many would not and that's understandable given the track record.

I really don't think Trump is in it for regime change. If he were, why did they stop after one tiny strike? That's not the way to go about it. I think Trump was making a statement to Iran, NK, China (Xi was here!), the world, that we are to be taken seriously.
edit on 8-4-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-4-2017 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

AGAIN, I ask -- WTF is the benefit to turning nearly 200 governments and billions of people against you on the damned eve of peace talks?

They have been on the eve of peace talks for four years. This incident has diverted attention from Trump's ties to Russia. Perfect timing, wouldn't you say?

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

That's the thing.

There's plenty of conjecture. But facts are as scarce as a virgin in Vegas.

Whilst what you say above is true, it is equally true that action should not be taken in either direction until the truth can be established, which is at best the conclusion any lay person should come to.

Which is why this is all so ridiculous.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: LoneWrecche

originally posted by: intrptr

McCain, the chairman of the influential Senate Armed Services Committee, applauded Trump and the military for sending "an important message the United States will no longer stand idly by as Assad, continues to defend his country against invasion.

(fixed in bold italics)

Wow

I hope you're not saying what I think you're saying. Killing your own countrymen is not defending your country from invasion. It's being a murderous despot.

Wow

Are you that misled by TV news? The insurgents hide amongst the population, holding them hostage, forcing the gubment to take action and suffer civilian casualties, so that people like you can say s*** like that.

They are killing their people, killing their people!

Wake Up. We are killing their people. Assad is defending his country against the US (NATO) backed ongoing overthrow (Regime change) of a sovereign country, i.e., "Assad Must Go", as simple minds perceive it.

Guess you missed that part, though...

On TV

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

That's the thing.

There's plenty of conjecture. But facts are as scarce as a virgin in Vegas.

Whilst what you say above is true, it is equally true that action should not be taken in either direction until the truth can be established, which is at best the conclusion any lay person should come to.

Which is why this is all so ridiculous.

Just because we don't have all the facts, doesn't mean they don't.

I'm just going to withhold judgment until I know as much as they do.

Caveat; We'll probably never know all the facts.

posted on Apr, 8 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: radarloveguy
nflict .

.... maybe

Then Russian Navy ship confronts American ships ,....

Hello WW3

imo .... maybe

Fear not WW3 if you believe that Russian navy flagship "Admiral Kuznetsov" will engage in battle with US navy. Russian navy is a joke

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join