It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul - Season 3

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

##^^##^^Spoilers Follow^^##^^##

EPISODE 6!!!

WOW- Nacho: he's usually so calm and soft-spoken, but he obviously can channel aggressive energy as needed! Hector's voice and sour face are splendid, and the tantrum he threw leads me to believe that he will eventually blow the gasket that leads to being confined to a wheelchair with drool on his chin and a bell to ring. Nacho doesn't want his dad involved in the business, it seems there IS a softer side to this hoodlum... The 6 bricks vs. 5 bricks scene was the best part of this episode, in my worthless opinion. Hector may have twisted the knife a bit too far- he is playing with fire, Gus' fire.

Chuck's mental illness seems to have gotten worse? Yet, the call to his former doctor was important enough that he walked to a phone-booth (I didn't realize these still existed). What was up with him squeezing the battery? Is he punishing himself or trying to acclimatize himself to electricity? I thought for sure that Jimmy would succumb to Rebecca's pleading to help his brother, but... I was wrong (again).

Jimmy's commercial: We finally meet Saul Goodman... it was nice to see Kim with her feet up on Jimmy's lap relaxing... I wish these two could be happy together... but, she is in love with Jimmy, not Saul. This may be the beginning of the end for this couple. (sigh)

This episode was not as good as some of the others, and it went too quickly for the amount of stuff that was covered. I couldn't believe that 45 minutes had passed when the credits appeared. We did get to see Mike for a few moments... he will do anything for his remaining family. It would be cool to find out more about his past, hopefully we will get some more background on him before the series concludes.

I plan on re-watching this episode again because I feel like there is something I missed. I'm looking forward to hearing what you all thought of this one! Have a great week everyone!!!
edit on 5162017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Really loved reading your thoughts on this episode. I personally thought it was a fabulous episode, but that's about the only thing I disagree with you on.

Will Nacho put something in the pill he swiped to cause a stroke (midodrine?)? I guess that's what I was left wondering.

AND...I was thrilled to see Lydia Rodarte-Quayle in the car waiting for Gus! What a treat!

The casting of this show and BB is so amazing...the best bad guys...the most conflicted good guys. I am never disappointed.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

Thanks for confirming for me that that was Lydia- when I first saw her, that's what popped into my head: "LYDIA"... but then, I thought, "NO, silly, that's just some real-estate agent!".

And, thanks for reminding me about the pill- now my blowing a gasket theory seems less likely, and I think you are probably right about Nacho's plans...

I wonder if Nacho will survive the season? Hector is pushing a lot of people's buttons- something is going to explode!!!

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I think we are going to start seeing more Breaking Bad characters and Easter Eggs pop up.

Here's one I saw in the Better Call Saul discussion group I joined on FB:

I love that!

I don't recall Nacho being mentioned in Breaking Bad (although I could have missed it if he was). So I suppose he will be gone, at some point, by the end of this series.

posted on May, 18 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

This episode took place in 2001, right? Based on the year of the bottle of wine and how old Howard said it was. So phone booths still existed then.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

I think that was an error on the writers' part. The board hearing case number indicated it's 2003. That fits with the other year-clues on the show.

Last night's episode was very good. On the surface, I think it felt a little boring, but I think there was some important groundwork laid (ha...not Mike's sidewalk) for Kim's & Jimmy/Saul's eventual transitions.

The last scene was fantastic.

posted on May, 23 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Season 3 Episode 7 - Expenses (Spoilers Follow)

This episode felt different... I can't quite put my finger on it, perhaps another cup of coffee will help me see through the fog of the morning (I was up quite late watching this).

I enjoyed the opening scene with Jimmy doing his community service: as usual, Jimmy has to pretend (lie?) to his potential clients on the phone, but at least for this new business he is using his own voice. Having to cleanup with wet-wipes and deal with his moribund car was painful to watch. He had come so far, now he's back at ground level.

Gosh, I hate pushy sales reps! I was in both corporate and retail sales for a number of years, so I know how difficult it can be when you are under pressure to make money. I found it hilarious that they are still using the wheelchair to help with their filming (dolly?). The make-up girl was very sweet offering to give back her paycheck- it might have been interesting to have a scene of the film crew back at the editing room talking about things.

Jimmy telling the Chinese food delivery guy, "How 'bout we make it zero", was priceless! It's obvious that he is beginning to become troubled by his monetary requirements, but he doesn't want Kim to know that he's struggling to come up with his half of the firm's expenses.

"Business... is that like code for stealing my baseball cards?"- I laughed my a$$ off when Pryce said that to Nacho! I suspect that the reason why Mike decided to assist (again) was because he knows that Gus won't allow anyone to kill Hector (yet). Perhaps this is Mike's way to get rid of Nacho?

Speaking of Mike, is he going to become romantically involved with the lady he met at church? Is he going to find out what happened to her husband who never came back from his hiking trip?

Yes, the final scene was brilliant!

Once again I was struck by how beautifully the scenes are shot, and how much I get sucked into the story because (most of it) it feels so "real"... this was a satisfying episode, even though it left me feeling sorry for Jimmy (and Kim). I'm looking forward to seeing what happens to Jimmy, Chuck, Nacho, Hector and the rest of the gang as this season winds down!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   
No episode this week.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
No episode this week.

Yep- apparently they showed reruns of the episodes aired so far... I did watch the sneak-peek/preview of episode 8, "Slip", and I am extremely excited about it and the other final episodes. I am hopeful that there will be at least another season.

Questions about the sneak-peek/preview:

Why is Howard such a pompous prick?
What did Chuck do?
Who does Mike want found?
Who is hurting Jimmy?
What is Jimmy playing on guitar and who is he talking to?

Can't wait!!!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I got caught up last night watching the reruns. It's so good! On BB, Saul was not one of my favorites, I thought he was a sleazy money grubber. But now I think he's adorable. He has such a good heart. (most of the time.)

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

I think Jimmy is sexy! I'm not sure I feel the same way about 'Saul' though. I didn't find him sexy in BB, but I thought he was the funniest character.

(Also, full disclosure: I already watched tonight's episode. Apparently, it aired outside of the U.S., last week. I won't spoil anything though.)

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I enjoyed BB, but not as much as I am now enjoying BCS. When I heard about BCS, I was thrilled that my favorite character was receiving his own show- I am sure I wouldn't have been nearly as interested in any other BB characters' origin stories. Not sure if you read this article about a recent interview with Peter Gould regarding how long the series will run, but I'll share the link: ‘Better Call Saul’ Co-Creator: ‘I Would Rather It End Too Soon Than Go On Too Long’ - UPROXX LINK

As a side note, I introduced my girlfriend to BCS (S01E01) on Saturday night- she seemed to enjoy it, and laughed out loud at some of Jimmy's antics... but, she fell asleep before the episode concluded. She was extremely tired...

I'm minutes away from watching Episode 8- I'll probably post my thoughts tomorrow- thanks for not spilling any beans!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Season 3 Episode 8 (Spoilers Follow)

Marco: He reminds me of an old buddy of mine, "Big Ray", who reminds me of Baby Huey- a gentle giant. I had not expected to see him again, pleasant surprise!

Mike: I loved the scenes where he is digging holes, just because of the nifty cinematography and gorgeous NM landscape- I kinda figured that he would try to help the nice lady from church.

Chuck: He has high hopes for his recovery, but I doubt that the damage to his career will ever be repaired.

Kim: I thought she handled Howard well, and it was amusing to watch her give him the check. It's pretty obvious that she has her doubts about Jimmy's ability to keep up with his half of the expenses.

Howard: I really hate that guy.

Jimmy: He seemed subdued/depressed throughout the episode, up until the moment he got the $700 from the Mug Mealer's sock.

Nacho: His scenes were riveting and suspenseful!

Gus: It was heartwarming to learn that he wouldn't take money from Mike's family and was willing to help him launder the $200K.

Overall I thought this was a superb episode, and the acting was top-notch as usual. I wonder what will happen with the Jimmy/Kim relationship, it doesn't look good but I hope it won't turn out as I suspect it might. This show keeps surprising me and has kept me anxious for each new episode! Only two more shows this season, any guesses as to what might happen next?

Have a great week everyone!

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
It was funny to see "slippin' Jimmy" do his thing last night.

posted on Jun, 6 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Anybody esle notice that the song Jimmy was playing on his new (autographed) guitar was the same song he was humming in his car (in the episode that Marco passed away in the alley)?

edit on 662017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Great episode. The show gets better and better. Sucks that there are only 2 episodes left this season.

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Season 3 Episode 8 (Spoilers Follow)

Eek! The cook behind Nacho's head is facing directly his way!

So worried about Nacho...
edit on 7-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Did you notice the band-aid box holding the coin collection was also in the memento box that had Jimmy's VHS of commercials, seen in the very first episode of BCS (S1, E1)?

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
Mike: I loved the scenes where he is digging holes, just because of the nifty cinematography and gorgeous NM landscape- I kinda figured that he would try to help the nice lady from church.

I read it as Mike being inspired by that lady to go dig up the Good Samaritan that Hector's crew killed.

He was digging at the same billboard that he hid behind when he robbed the truck in S.2, E. 9.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join