It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul - Season 3

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

I didn't take that away from the scene - why do you think Chuck intended for Ernesto to hear it? My feeling is that Chuck was so concerned with his aversion to electronics and handling the batteries that he didn't think about the possibility of Ernesto pushing play... Hmm... now that I think about it... why did he need to change the batteries? Perhaps what you are saying is plausible. Yeah, I don't like Chuck, but the actor portraying him does a great job!

The opening scene where Jimmy is eating lunch and helps the security/police catch the shoplifter, then yells, "Get a lawyer!" has me a bit confuzzled... I suppose it will all make sense eventually.

*I wonder what Jimmy is going to paint on the wall to replace the rainbow (and will this offend any viewers?)

posted on Apr, 13 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat

I didn't take that away from the scene - why do you think Chuck intended for Ernesto to hear it? My feeling is that Chuck was so concerned with his aversion to electronics and handling the batteries that he didn't think about the possibility of Ernesto pushing play... Hmm... now that I think about it... why did he need to change the batteries? Perhaps what you are saying is plausible. Yeah, I don't like Chuck, but the actor portraying him does a great job!

The opening scene where Jimmy is eating lunch and helps the security/police catch the shoplifter, then yells, "Get a lawyer!" has me a bit confuzzled... I suppose it will all make sense eventually.

*I wonder what Jimmy is going to paint on the wall to replace the rainbow (and will this offend any viewers?)

Because he had that wicked smile and tossed his tongs in the air and caught them, after Ernesto left the room. Plus, he told Hamlin that he had a plan to use the recording. And it was too curious that he needed to replace the batteries...they wouldn't be dead that quick...and the play button was already pressed and the tape was set at the precise spot where Jimmy confesses. Chuck knows that Ernesto is going to tell Jimmy.

Michael McKean is fantastic as Chuck, but Chuck is so rotten.

Hm...what would he paint on the walls that would appeal to his elderly clients? Maybe an American flag?

posted on Apr, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

Gah! That was painful to watch.

I just hate Chuck so much.

On the bright side...Gus is back!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Looks like (more) trouble for Jimmy... I wonder how Kim is going to handle these new developments... I was surprised that she helped out by calling her old professor, but I guess she really does care for Jimmy and wants to cover her own (nice) behind, too!

Good call: You were right on the nose about Chuck's plans, and seems I got it right re: Gus' henchman!

Can't wait for next week's episode!

posted on Apr, 19 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Looks like (more) trouble for Jimmy... I wonder how Kim is going to handle these new developments... I was surprised that she helped out by calling her old professor, but I guess she really does care for Jimmy and wants to cover her own (nice) behind, too!

Good call: You were right on the nose about Chuck's plans, and seems I got it right re: Gus' henchman!

Can't wait for next week's episode!

I saw a clip on facebook showing Jimmy being booked. Boo f*cking hiss.

Kim loves Jimmy and loves the law. I think when she helped him out by calling her professor, she wasn't sure if Chuck could do anything with the tape as far as using it to prosecute or get back Mesa Verde as a client.

She didn't consider he might use it to entrap him into committing a new crime.

But he did. And Jimmy fell into the trap. She isn't going to like that, but I don't think she will abandon him either. She'll use her legal smarts to get him the best deal, maybe? Like the Kettlemans.

I am just hoping Jimmy outsmarts Chuck now that he has lost all sympathy for him. Jimmy is smarter than Chuck...his weakness is that he loves Chuck. Hopefully, he doesn't anymore.

edit on 19-4-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Good episode. Seemed to be a little slow when Mike was doing all of the following. But I am sure whoever is behind the bugging device has to be impressed with Mike, now.

And Jimmy fell right into Chuck's trap. I feel that this is the beginning of a painful transition to Saul for Jimmy.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Blueracer

Gus is definitely behind the bugging device!

I agree, this is probably the catalyst for 'Saul Goodman. The writers are always full of surprises though.

posted on Apr, 24 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
The first 2 episodes from season 3 where really awesome , i really liked the parts with Mike going crazy with the Gps and the first encounter Saul has with Gustavo , i really do not mind if the producers drag this show on for another 5 or 6 seasons lol

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
So, episode 3- Chuck doesn't give Jimmy much of a choice... Kim is an angel for sticking by Jimmy's side, how much of that is self preservation and how much is devotion?

Mike- he says so much even when he isn't speaking! Why doesn't Gus want Hector dead YET?

The prosecuting attorney eyeing Jimmy's cheeseburger (bribe?) was great - I very much dislike that guy, what a twerp!

Favorite scenes from episode 3:

Kim getting ready for her day only to find Ernesto parked outside of the health club.
Mike tossing shoes into the sky.

These should be 2-hour episodes, I was hungry for more when it ended- can't wait for next Monday!

posted on Apr, 25 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I loved when Chuck explained to Jimmy what was going to happen after his arrest and then Jimmy told Chuck what was going to happen to him...he would die alone.

Chuck is ruthless. I hope Kim & Jimmy can come up with a way to keep him out of prison and his law license intact.

I agree...I need two hour episodes!

posted on Apr, 28 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
It was great to see Gus again. I like that Jimmy wants to kick Chucks ass in court.

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I hope some of you have caught all 4 episodes that have aired so far. Last night, I watched episode 4 and thought it was satisfying yet once again left me desperately craving the next installment.

Don't read the following if you haven't seen Episode 4 and want to be completely ignorant of any details!!!

Wow, I thought my dad was a grouch, but he's nothing compared to Hector! Watching him scrape off his shoe on Gus' desk was not only disrespectful, but disgusting. Yes, a bullet to the head is too humane for that evil being! The scene with this little winking Greek doll was great! Hector's scowl seems to be permanently etched into his face- someone remind me, does he EVER smile?

Mike the handyman!!! I thought Mike might be thinking about retiring from the clandestine activities that he's been engaged in when he was reading the magazine, but then, he tells Gus that he "might" work for him in the future. I don't think Mike would be doing any maintenance on a chicken restaurant, hmmmm? I am not sure, but I think Mike may have done more than take pictures and fix a door while he was masquerading as a repairman at Chuck's house.

I kept wondering when we would see Jimmy/Kim, they saved the best for last in this episode. Howard and Chuck nitpicking over a couple of dollars was hilarious, and Jimmy did a great job of apologizing, the line about brothers should have made Chuck squirm, but I think he didn't even consider that he might have been the target of the statement.

And then, the final scene that made me smile and laugh out loud! Seems Jimmy/Kim were playing Viktor/Giselle during the deferment hearing- I have an idea that whatever Mike was doing at Chuck's may be part of their scheme. Really can't wait for the next episode.

Oh, the cinematography has been amazing throughout this series... I love the weird angle shots such as from within the soda machine, mail-box, etc. And, the New Mexico landscapes are awesome, too.

Once again, I cannot wait for the next episode!!! Episode 5 will mark the halfway point, and I suspect it will be juicy!

ADDED:

I thought that the actor playing "Chuck" seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place his face. It was only after I did a search on Michael McKean that I realized that I would remember him most as the well-known character, "Lenny", of "Lenny and Squiggy" fame from the 70's television series "Laverne and Shirley" and "Happy Days".

edit on 522017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Agree with everything you said. That was one of my favorite episodes, so far. I guess I am so old, I usually think of Lenny when I see Michael McKean. He's really done some great work though since Laverne & Shirley.

My theory is that the piece of paper that Mike handed Jimmy, at the restaurant, has the name/address of a security deposit box (or something like that) where Chuck has put the tape for safe keeping. When he handed the paper to Jimmy, he said, "Where did you get this?" Mike said, "From his address book." So, I think Kim was just digging to make sure there was a second tape that was 'under lock and key' when she stopped Chuck and Howard in the hallway.

Oh....I hope they can get their hands on that tape..AND ERASE IT. If they do, they can then use the photos Mike took to convince the board that Chuck is off his rocker...

...ALTHOUGH, I worry about the photo of the lantern on the newspapers. If Chuck sees that he'll know that Mike took the photo. I watched the preview for next week (because, like you, I cannot get enough in one episode), and I am very concerned that Jimmy is going to use that photo.

edit on 2-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 2 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Ah, I just had another thought after rewatching the episode. If Kim recorded her conversation with Chuck & Howard in the hallway, then they can make a very good case that Chuck intentionally lured Jimmy into breaking into his house. Chuck pretty much admitted to it with Kim's prompting.

posted on May, 4 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Great episode. I like how they can show different characters interacting with each other in different situations and each one has my full attention. Salamanca and Gus. Salamanca and Haradio. Mike and Chuck. Jimmy and Mike. Gus and Mike. Etc etc.

The Walking Dead should learn from this.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Well, nothing I thought would happen actually happened...and I love that!

This show is so good, the writing is so good, and it's always filled with surprises. I just loved watching Chuck get busted for the lunatic he is!

ETA: AND Jimmy beat Chuck at his own game: Lawyering. That must have killed Chuck to be destroyed as a witness by Jimmy.
edit on 9-5-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Also, did anyone catch the 'On the next episode' preview? You can hear Kim's voice say, "Saul Goodman?"

I wonder if we will see Saul emerge on the next episode...

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
##^^##^^Spoilers Follow^^##^^##

Episode 5: Did anyone else notice the synchronicity between the events that transpired in the opening scenes and the more recent events for which Jimmy is under fire? Chuck lies to his (ex) wife about the reason why there is no power in his house: some idiot in the billing department transposed the numbers on his street address! Now he's trying to get Jimmy disbarred for transposing numbers on Mesa Verde's street address on the court filing documents!

It was great to see Howard Hamlin sweating while being cross-examined by his previous employee, Kim!

Great line from the tape: "Kim worked her a%% off while you & Howard were sipping scotch and chortling!"

Jimmy at the veterinarian with goldfish- this cracked me up for some unknown reason.

It was nifty seeing Saul's future bodyguard, "Huell". I should have seen this coming from Jimmy's interaction with the vet.

2/3 of this episode was in the courtroom- we didn't see Mike or Gus, but it was still a great way to mark the season's half-way point!

====================================================================================================
Season 3 Episode 6 sneak peeks

Nacho's underling would never have shorted Tuco! Who works for who?
Yes, Kim does say, "Saul Goodman"... can't wait to find out the context!
Chuck is at a turning-point--- what does Howard expect him to do?

Looking forward to it!!!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Chuck is at a turning-point--- what does Howard expect him to do?

Surely, Chuck will have to retire or give up his law license. Jimmy exposed his mental illness. He's a liability to HHM, now.

But, I have proven I am no prognosticator when it comes to BCS. So, that's probably just wishful thinking.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
GREAT episode. And there wasn't even any Mike or Gus. Or Salamanca.

<< 1    3  4 >>

join