It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Better Call Saul - Season 3

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

That actually makes more sense now that you point that out. THANKS!!!

ETA- Here is an interview with 'Better Call Saul' Actor Giancarlo Esposito On The Making Of An Iconic Villain posted to NPR this morning: NPR LINK to Audio Interview

In the annals of TV villains, actor Giancarlo Esposito's Breaking Bad character, Gus Fring, stands out. Gus was an upstanding, impeccably dressed, New Mexico businessman who spoke with an elegant Chilean accent — and also happened to be a vicious drug lord. Esposito describes the character as resembling "someone who may live next door, who is successful and very caring, but who is also ruthless."

edit on 672017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Poor, Kim.

And Saul is full on, now. I did not like how he treated poor Irene. BUT, he is correct...these are older folks that won't even have a chance to enjoy the money if they don't settle now.

Another great episode. I am pulling for Howard, not Chuck, in that battle!

Also, Hector seemed to pull out of his episode after taking his medication...makes me wonder if he knew about Nacho switching it.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
##^^##^^Spoilers Follow^^##^^##
Episode 9 - Miscalculations

Poor Irene, it's too bad that she doesn't have family helping her out- sure, this is fiction, but many seniors are manipulated and/or scammed every day. After we escape our teenage years, we should respect our elders and not betray the trust they hold in us. What is the deal with those wild shoes? Are they a "real" thing? It was hilarious seeing Jimmy's trunk full of different size sneakers, and I enjoyed how he tampered with the BINGO balls.

Lydia, she's bright and quirky, kinda sexy- I'm glad she's made another appearance, I hope we see more of her. I wouldn't have expected anything less from Mike, his love for his family overcame is distaste and suspicion for Gus' method of money laundering (I don't like handing my ID/SS# over to anyone for anything).

As much as I dislike Howard, he's still an interesting character and Chuck has given Jimmy more grief than HH has. I don't like the way he's treated Jimmy or Kim, but I can understand how he would be protective of his business and livelihood that has now been compromised due to the Chuck/Jimmy dynamic. I laughed when he reached into his wallet to offer some cash to Jimmy, but was a bit saddened that it looked to me as if he might have wanted to take it.

At first I thought Kim might injure herself trying to get her car un-stuck... then I was relieved when this didn't happen and she was able to avert what might have been a huge disaster with the oil-well. I didn't even consider that this was an omen of an impending disaster in the near future. It doesn't look like she was seriously physically injured, but the damage to her career if the deal doesn't go through (due to missed deadline) might be significant.

Nacho has gotten his (nice) father into a very tricky situation, can you blame him for being angry? I hope that Hector won't end him. It was interesting to me that even after having been kicked out of his father's house, Nacho still took his glass of milk to the sink prior to leaving.

It will be interesting to see what happens with McGill vs HHM. I hope Kim's career survives. What will Jimmy do with his chunk of the settlement? Will Irene get her mall-walking friends back? There are still a lot of questions, I wonder how many of them will be answered in the next, and final episode of Season 3?

I thought that this episode was enjoyable and satisfying, while still leaving me craving for more. I predict that we will get one, maybe two more seasons (if we're lucky). There's no way they can cram the rest of Saul Goodman's story into one more episode (at least I hope not)!

edit on 6132017 by seattlerat because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: seattlerat

A quick reply...BCS did get picked up for Season 4!

I'll try to get back to the rest of your wonderful comment, soon!

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I was worried about something happening to Kim and then it happened. And I felt sorry for the old lady too. Chuck suing HHM was a wow moment. Can't wait for the finale.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
I was worried about something happening to Kim and then it happened. And I felt sorry for the old lady too. Chuck suing HHM was a wow moment. Can't wait for the finale.

My first instinct was to feel sorry for her, too. But, the fact is, she is the class representative in the class-action lawsuit. She had responsibilities to the rest of the class. Instead, she stuffed all the legal communication in a box and just relied on Davis & Main attorneys to tell her what to do.

I don't like how Jimmy handled that, but...in a true sense...he did more right by the members of the class than Irene did.

She's elderly, but that doesn't absolve her from the responsibility that she accepted.

I hope her friends are all happy now that she decided to settle (if she did/does). But, she kind of got what she deserved.

The writers are so great to make me sympathize with Irene and then think harder...and sympathize with all the other elderly folks getting screwed by Irene's negligence as class-representative.

edit on 13-6-2017 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Tonight season 3 concludes with episode 10. I couldn't resist watching the sneak peeks- not much was revealed, just hints suggesting that it will have been worth waiting for, and that some loose-ends will be tied up (or further unraveled to be resolved next season).

-- I suspect that something is wrong with Kim- I doubt that she just fell asleep at the wheel...

posted on Jun, 20 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
What a creepy ending to the finale. Good show but no mike? The tension with Salamanca and Nacho's dad was pretty intense. Fitting ending to a great season.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join