It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Every time you complete a transaction, your business is getting paid by a poor person (or middle class potentially). Ordinary businesses don't cater to rich people, there's not enough volume in doing so.

Without those masses of poor people, there wouldn't be enough of a demand for labor to keep your position open in the first place.
edit on 5-4-2017 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Have you seen the admin's proposed budget? But who said anything about tax cuts?

MOMof3. We were discussing how terrible high property taxes were and if they were shifted from lower Federal taxes.

My reference was specific to the detention of illegal immigrants by local authorities at the "request" of ICE. Who pays for it?

Considering the extent of local authorities' responsibility is to inform and detain if asked until ICE can take possession, I would assume some reimbursement is made for any extended detention time. I'm not sure how that relates to rising property taxes, though.

Regardless, if the only requests are made for those with criminal convictions, there should be no additional detention time at the local level, unless the local authorities were planning to release criminals on the basis of them also being illegal aliens.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Regardless, if the only requests are made for those with criminal convictions, there should be no additional detention time at the local level, unless the local authorities were planning to release criminals on the basis of them also being illegal aliens.

There's the rub.
People are not being released because they are undocumented. The are being released because of that 14th Amendment thing. Due process and such like. ICE says, "Hold that woman for a couple of days, until we can get there."
"Why?"
"'Cuz."

Going off topic so this will be my last.

edit on 4/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

Every time you complete a transaction, your business is getting paid by a poor person (or middle class potentially).

That depends on one's definition of poor. If one is too poor to purchase, they won't be doing a lot of purchasing.

But... you are essentially otherwise correct. I guess we could maybe come up with a way a bunch of people could band together financially and provide jobs that way.

Oh, wait... we did! We call them "corporations"... but I thought they were evil...

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Agreed, we're stretching the limits of this topic. Feel free to start another thread and I'll join in if you want (possibly if you don't
).

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   

No one is too poor to purchase. Just about everyone has to buy a mattress and furniture. They have to buy clothes and shoes. They have to buy gas and food. They have to pay rent. If you are poor you are spending 100% of everything you earn. Such people have zero ability to choose to not purchase.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 04:26 AM
link   

You might want to look beyond your own yard. Yes, there are people that poor.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22096564]TheRedneck[/post
The feds turned down otter for emergency funds for flood repairs. That will be a property tax increase. Crap like that.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You might want to look beyond your own yard. Yes, there are people that poor.

TheRedneck

In the US there are very very few who facilitate no purchases. I'm not saying the poor people are living it up, I'm in the bottom 5% income in the US so it's something I understand well. But even when you have nothing, if you're getting housing assistance someone is making a rent purchase on your behalf. The same goes for food stamps. Most homeless people are bringing in an income too. It might not be much, but simply the fact that these people are still alive and clothed is proof that sales for the basics are being made.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

As for no purchases whatsoever, you are probably right. But as for severely limited purchases... there are a lot of people in that position. Any major limitation on the ability of people to make needed or highly desired purchases is a drain on the economy.

Government aid, as I already covered, perverts economics by taking the purchaser/producer dynamic out of the equation and substituting government/purchaser relationships.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

HOLY CRAP!

He did it again! With the Healthcare EO today, he tried to leave without signing the order and had to be stopped and redirected back to the desk.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: soberbacchus

LOL He sure did!

He is a lot more lucid in this presentation, though. Skip to the 30 minute mark to avoid BS overload!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: soberbacchus

LOL He sure did!

He is a lot more lucid in this presentation, though. Skip to the 30 minute mark to avoid BS overload!

And here is the last time!

BOTH times it was Pence that tried to stop him!

Now we know what a VP is good for!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Two things occur to me.

Someone on the radio was interviewing a former Sec of Defense yesterday and asked what safeguards there are if a President wants to fire Nuclear Missals in a fit of rage or confusion.

He carefully explained that in a scenario like that the Sec. of Defense could refuse orders and resign, thus it would go down the chain until someone pushed the button or the President decided not to.

He also mentioned the 25th Amendment.

THEN Bannon gave an interview with Vanity Fair where he said Trump had maybe a 30% chance of finishing his term and also cited the 25th Amendment and how it had a clause allowing for the Presidents Cabinet to find him incapable of carrying out the duties of the office.

I think Trumps mental state is eroding and apart from his politics, his mental machinery is slipping gears.

We might see him removed from office on those grounds.

top topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join