It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Pence Soon: Trump's Very Bad Terrible EO Signing Day

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Bottom line is, he either:

1. Forgot. Which is worrying as he's meant to be running a country.
2. Left in a strop because of 'difficult questions'. This is the more likely reason. He's a sensitive little flower and doesn't like answering tricky questions. He just gets Spicer to say 'he's believed that to be the case for a while' then 'I believe I answered that question'

It's genuinely amusing seeing the amount of cult comments saying 'He's probably tired/stressed/sick of the questions'

He's president of the USA. You don't get to just wall off in a huff because you're upset about people questioning your administration. If this was a dem doing it you'd all be calling them a weak coward. Which is precisely what trump is. I assume he'll attend another rally in the deep south this week before his next golfing weekend, to boost his ego back up a bit.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nah. We wii fawn all over wall Street and rich peopke then we get crumbs and. Same old same old.

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
No! We cant have the Pence clones be president!
Neither Pence Prime nor Tim Kaine's wife!

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Crumbs? Or a fair share based on input?

You want more out of a life, you put more into that life. It's not as easy as complaining, but it works.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 4 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Nah. We wii fawn all over wall Street and rich peopke then we get crumbs and. Same old same old.

Ok...so topple wall street and rich people. Is someone suddenly going to just give you money? I mean, besides being alive, what qualifies people for the amount of money they receive?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: fencesitter85

1. Forgot. Which is worrying as he's meant to be running a country.

The good news is, he might forget the launch codes.

Oh wait, he probably gives them to Steve.

edit on 4/5/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

I don't need money. I want there to be a future for my grandchildren. Donald Trump was elected for jobs, but everyone has forgotten that. First we have to take health care from the poor and sick, take money from americans to increase the wars, shift the tax structure around so the rich can get more and someone else will get screwed. Same old, same old.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=22095857]TheRedneck[/post

I don't need more money. I don't want my grandchildren living in a third world or a burnt one. If you republicans get your way with your policies of always catering to the rich, that is where we are going. The corporations and the rich have enough.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

I don't need money. I want there to be a future for my grandchildren. Donald Trump was elected for jobs, but everyone has forgotten that. First we have to take health care from the poor and sick, take money from americans to increase the wars, shift the tax structure around so the rich can get more and someone else will get screwed. Same old, same old.

So.....

topple wall street and rich people. Is someone suddenly going to just give you money? I mean, besides being alive, what qualifies people for the amount of money they receive?

Pretty sure nobody has forgotten anything...

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So will wall street and the rich topple without more?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   

I don't need more money. I don't want my grandchildren living in a third world or a burnt one. If you republicans get your way with your policies of always catering to the rich, that is where we are going. The corporations and the rich have enough.

First of all, I am not a Republican, thank you very much. I am an Independent - with Libertarian leanings, so I've been told. Personally, I just prefer Independent, as political parties make no sense to me. Your own insinuation outs your thinking process: agree with me, not a Republican, disagree with me, Republican.

Second, I am happy you don't need money. You do, apparently need compassion, however, since right now, as we type back and forth, millions of Americans are going to bed hungry. Millions more are going to bed worried because they can't find a job that will support them. Many many times that many are one missed payday away from there. One.

I care about these people. I want them to have a chance at a good life, because I know my grandkids will be living in a world with their grandkids. If that world has no jobs to support the population, they will all be living in a third world country. I want to prevent that, and if preventing my grandkids (and yours) from being in poverty means I let some other people get rich... I'm good with that.

Extinguishing one's neighbor's candle does not make one's own candle shine any brighter.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:28 AM
link   

"and if preventing my grandkids (and yours) from being in poverty means I let some other people get rich... I'm good with that."

If you "let" others get rich, why not your own if it is that easy. My kids need three paychecks to make the rent. How long can that go on while we give more and more and more to those that already have too much.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

If you "let" others get rich, why not your own if it is that easy. My kids need three paychecks to make the rent. How long can that go on while we give more and more and more to those that already have too much.

If it's taking three paychecks to make the rent, why do you want to take paychecks away from them? You do realize that without the evil rich guys, there wouldn't be any paychecks to pay the rent with, right? I mean, when's the last time they got a paycheck from a poor person?

Actually, if that's the case, I would think about either buying a house instead, or moving somewhere else if that's not an option. The closest town to me is dead as a door nail economically, and rent is still payable with one decent job.

I'm thinking that was an exaggeration, though. Didn't you just say you didn't need more money? I know I would be wanting to help my kids out if they were in that situation. As it is, both of them are homeowners, both have full-time jobs, one is married to a husband with a full-time job, the other is getting married soon, and both are advancing quickly in their careers.

And ironically, neither are complaining they want a higher minimum wage or want to hurt others because they have too much money... and both were raised poor, apparently poorer than yours. I know I never claimed I didn't need any more money.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

It is not an exaggeration. The rent is too high here because of property taxes. That is why I say there is no such thing as a tax cut, they just shift it. I was born into poverty and now am sitting pretty well. I think that if there were other ways or choices at the present time to make life easier, I would give it to them.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Fair enough.

From Federal taxes to property taxes is a pretty weird 'shift' though. Property taxes do not go to the Feds... that's your local/state government doing that to you.

Unfortunately, it seems it's a common thing now. Alabama has had it with rising taxes overall; I think, if memory serves, we have voted down every single tax increase proposal in the last decade. I pay $25 a year taxes on an acre with a small house... we have a homestead exemption on personal residences.

I think if I were in that position, I'd be after my state officials instead of worrying about the Feds.

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

I think if I were in that position, I'd be after my state officials instead of worrying about the Feds.

Do the Feds reimburse local authorities for expenses incurred while enforcing federal laws?

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

I don't know.

Is that pertinent to the conversation?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Yes. Yes it is. Or is the current conversation not local taxation vs. federal?

I pay Federal taxes as well as State taxes. I would assume that the Federal taxes I pay would cover the costs of enforcing Federal laws and that the State taxes I pay would cover the costs of enforcing State laws. I would assume that if a local jurisdiction is "encouraged" to enforce Federal laws, there would be compensation.

Silly me.

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Fair enough on the pertinence.

Has there been any indication that a Federal tax cut will reduce any subsidies (assuming they exist to begin with)?

TheRedneck

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Have you seen the admin's proposed budget? But who said anything about tax cuts?

My reference was specific to the detention of illegal immigrants by local authorities at the "request" of ICE. Who pays for it?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join