It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woodwardjnr Blue Owl

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
Thanks for your kind words. The Blue Owl has come to mean so much to us. Our niece had a painting of it commissioned for us, such a lovely thing to do. It was really overwhelming to read all the wonderful messages for Nick from you all. Nick would have been thrilled to know that they are such a comfort to us.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh This is wonderful

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigburgh

I know, I just love
that avatar! No matter which avatar she chooses, she takes Nick with her. I am always so touched by that.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NicksMum

I am so pleased to see you here mum! I hope we can bring some of the love that your son shared with us!

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Hello Gorgeous Girl

I will show you haw to read Nick's threads that he authored, you have nearly 10 years of his posts and words here to keep you company. He told me it's all yours when he goes, and he laughed at the thought of you and his dad trying to work out how to use the site, I believe his words were 'lol my folks are not too tech savvy".

We all miss him very much and I am so glad you found your way here.

Much love Zazz.

PS I think our artists can whip you a beautiful blue owl avatar to use.

edit on 31-3-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-4-2017 by spacedoubt because: word edited out by member request.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks Zazz...We used to drive him mad asking him to show us how to do things on the laptop ...He knew a lot but found it hard to explain it to us.
I want to keep him alive by talking about him, but its amazing how people soon stop talking about him, I guess they think it will upset us!
Wx

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   
CLICK HERE to see a list of all his threads he authored.

CLICK HERE to see a list the posts he made all over the board.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

My deepest condolences,

Your son is with our creator and he will soon visit you or your husband in your dreams. Whomever he felt closes to, he will visit. Pay attention to his clothing and pay attention ... he will be smiling.
He will not speak so do not be disappointed. You will wake up happy and warm feeling all around you.

Rest assured your son is in peace.

God protect and bless you and your family

DS

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   

People will talk about him more in time, I think in the first 6 months of grieving people are never sure how to handle anything .

x

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi Nick's Mum.

Can I pass my condolences to you and your family in the first instance.

Secondly, I would like to add that Nick was one of the most genuine members on here. He always brought us back to reality, as we have a tendency on occasions to get caught in our own little agenda. Nick was the catalyst that made most of us re-think some of our most fantastical claims.

I miss Woodwardjnr so much, particularly seeing that little blue Owl appearing, knowing that a sensible comment was attached.

I didn't meet him personally, but I felt he was always the sensible one, and brought us back to Earth when we started to descend into the stratosphere with our thoughts.

Peace to you and yours.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

We are a community. At the end of the day, after our battles, discoveries, frustrations, and joys, we are still who we are. It was so nice to meet someone on here who just shined being themselves. Over time, like Cobaltc1978 said, a voice of reason emerges that settles heated discussion with simple reasoning and just their presence. That is Woodwardjnr.

As somebody who spent a few years reading posts without being a member, I would find myself saying, "Yeah, what he said" and more often than not it was your son.

I am truly sorry for your loss. But I am also truly happy your are here, NicksMum!!

That is so nice to hear about the commissioning!

And thank you for all of your the replies here. I'm sure people are reading along with not much to add than what has already been said (judging by the stars and flags). Which is another way we share here on ATS.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   

It was really nice to hear from you. It's nice to know that you have found some comfort here. I wasn't ready to talk about my diagnosis with the whole site when Nick passed but I'd like to take the opportunity now to let you know how much he helped me.

I had never spoken with Nick before but had always admired his words and point of view and commented on each others posts occasionally. Because Nick shared his life and illness with us, I knew that he had worked hard to be at peace with dying so when I was diagnosed with Lung Cancer and was in total panic, shaking and crying nearly all waking hours... I reached out to him for advice on how to accept the reality that I had a deadly disease.

Nick was not only helpful in giving me resources that he used, we friended each other on Face Book so that we could talk instantly. He was so instrumental in my learning how to cope so that I could be present in my life... I can't ever fully describe my gratitude. I'm really glad to be able to have told you, you and Nicks dad raised one very fine human being. Thank you.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Wow.

You have to be great people to have raised such a good man.

I can only imagine how painful and difficult his loss was for you. I do know that he is missed here, with us. A real example of civility and courtesy, as well as a friend to many.

Thanks for stopping in....its not fluff. Nick really was a good, smart, and kind man.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Thank you so much for coming here. Your son was a very well respected member and he gained that through his compassion and integrity. He was a friend to many here. He sure made this place better with his wisdom.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

I'm so sorry for your loss. Words can't express the sadness and heartache I feel for you/yours.

As a longtime member I've been reading Nick's posts since he joined. He's one of my favorites, so sweet and kind always. Even though I didn't interact with him, I'm not an active poster but I'm here reading every day, I miss him and think of him often.

Here in southern Colorado towards evening a great horned owl sits in the top of a dead piñon tree near my house. He's not blue but he's so noble and unassuming it reminds me of Nick and I smile. I call him Nick and when he hoots back it feels so special.

I'm so glad you joined. Hope to see you around the boards.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome NicksMum, the Mother of one amazing being.

This is so sweet, kind and courageous of you.
Your son is one who left a trail in my soul. Is, because, the trail leads us to persist in his path of generosity. He will always be present in this magical realm.
Thank You

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Excellent thread, Nicksmum. I didn't know Woodwardjnr well, but I have been around ATS long enough to know that he was very respected and well-liked. His passing was felt very strongly around here. I read through his last thread and was amazed how he always kept his composure. He never showed fear, and never expressed any regrets. From my standpoint, it seems you did a great job at raising an outstanding individual. It's really nice that you are here. Thanks for the thread.

edit on 31-3-2017 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

My baby brother passed away 5 years ago and for me, i love to talk about him with friends and family.
It keeps him alive in my thoughts and has me smiling even now.

Its great that you have come here, there is a ton of stuff Nick posted which im sure will bring you comfort and more.
My condolences to you and your family

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

PS I think our artists can whip you a beautiful blue owl avatar to use.

That would be very cool, IMO. I can't help with the artistry, but I would definitely lend a hand in showing mum how to make it her avatar. Good idea Zazz.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Hi
Nick did mention you. Sometimes we would ask, and joke with him, who he was writing to all the time, and once he told us about you. I am so sorry about your illness and hope things are ok at the moment. I can't imagine what it must be like living with cancer 24 hours a day, and to be honest Nick never really opened up to us. I think he wanted to spare us any heartache. This is why I am so grateful he had all you lovely people on here to confide in.

I hate all the cliches people use when someone is ill, but I'm sure I have used them myself at times as it is so difficult finding the right words. It was so nice of you to tell me about your relationship with Nick and thrilled he meant so much to you, and know, that you also helped him immensely .

Take care
Wx

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join