It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

woodwardjnr Blue Owl

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: NicksMum
Thanks all for sorting out my mistakes....not very tech I'm afraid

Don't worry NicksMum...half the board members here barely know how to switch on their computers!

I'm both surprised and glad you decided to join and chat to us NicksMum, it's not something i've seen online before, although why not, i don't know.

I hope you can use what you're doing here as part of your healing process and that it helps you in some small way to come to terms with the tragic loss of your Son. I'm hoping it will somehow be cathartic for you and your Husband.

Welcome, best wishes to you and your family.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: NicksMum

It's hard to know what to say sometimes

I know this place might seem intimidating at first when you really dive in. You can see that this is an interesting place. But, it's also a real community where friendships are made

I have a few people that I look in on everyday and I always read their posts. Nick was one of those

You can see by the replies in this thread and in his original thread that he had a quality. People respected him and genuinely liked him

I know he influenced me. He was a smart, sweet, wise and generous guy who very rarely got even the littlest bit ruffled no matter how nasty a thread might get

I want to say I am so sorry for your loss. It's actually an amazing thing to be able to read through years of your son's thinking here, and see him in a new way. I'm so glad that you have this

edit on 4/1/2017 by Spiramirabilis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Spiramirabilis

That really is a point worth dwelling on: He was always civil and polite. No matter what.

It made me a better person to see that example. I keep saying it (and people keep snickering), but ATS made me a better person. It was through examples set by Woodward, and a couple of others like him, that made it happen.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

It means a lot to me to know that. It helped that we turned out to be so similar. Things are okay at the moment. I'll be here a while yet I think. Nick felt that I will beat this and I trust him.

Much love and comfort to you and all of Nicks loved ones.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

It's funny you say that. He of course was always civil and polite but he loved how I gave 'them' hell in the political and social issues forums.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

He was always one to debate intelligently and with wit.
He once said though, he could never be moderator as he couldn't control his desire to slap sense into all the loony Americans. hahahahaha.
Sorry it's true! He said it

edit on 1-4-2017 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

It's funny you say that. He of course was always civil and polite but he loved how I gave 'them' hell in the political and social issues forums.

I think Nicks mum will get a kick out of seeing his gumption in the political and social issues forums.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

He was always one to debate intelligently and with wit.
He once said though, he could never be moderator as he couldn't control his desire to slap sense into all the loony Americans. hahahahaha.
Sorry it's true! He said it

well its not like some of us didnt need a smack every now and again is it zazzums?

@nicksmom. HE was a great guy. really intelligent and well spoken(and that a feet considering this is all text! lol) I am sure he is LOLing right now reading some things posted here.

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Thanks for the links Zazz. I have started to look at them, they are amazing, and will keep me busy for a while. Also I know you are right about people being wary and not wanting to say the wrong thing for the first few months. Friends and family have been great, I just miss him so much and still want the world to revolve around him.(If that makes sense).?

I really did drop by here, not fishing for compliments about Nick, but to say how genuinely thankful we are for everyones kind words and thoughts. Also to say how much you all meant to him..in the latter days,he was trying desperately , some time in vain ,to use his i pad to keep in contact with you.

Thanks again
Wx

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Of course it makes sense. he was your boy.
With Nick I gotta say, sometimes I felt he parented and cared for all of us even when we thought we were looking out for him.

No one thinks you were after compliments on him, we are all elated we still have contact with him in a way through you, the same goes for you I'm imagining.

We live on through our loved ones, and through our posts on the net....who woulda thought?

Enjoy the links, you will literally have bed time reading for months!

posted on Apr, 2 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

We are just so pleased to have you here with us and know you will enjoy your stay. Maybe some day you can join us in the shed. I know how funny that sounds, but Zazz can explain. Hahaha!

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   
OMG!! I didn't know woody had passed

I have had many interactions with him on this site over the years, and though we disagreed on occasion, I always found him to be very measured and intelligent in his responses.

He is one of the British posters I always wanted to meet up with for a beer.

I have to admit to be quite shocked and saddened by this news, and am sending much love to you, and if I can help you with anything I will..

Very very sad

edit on 3-4-2017 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: EvanB

Sorry you had to find out this way. It is shocking and tragic. Our little blue owl will live on forever in people's memories and hearts. A brave and beautiful man that made a difference in other people's lives. That is the way to be, an inspiration for all.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Thank us?

I am afraid not. Thank YOU for bringing him into the world. This sites membership owes you a debt of gratitude for that, one which is of a scale we will likely be incapable of repaying.

posted on Apr, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm bumping this thread to the top where it belongs

posted on Apr, 5 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Really pleased you posted on here. Many of us admired Nick which you have seen already.

Lots of love

Me and my family. X

posted on Apr, 6 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Thinking of you Nick'sMum.

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Words cannot express the sadness I feel for your loss.

You come by and hang out with us whenever you feel like it.

((HUGS))

edit on 2342017 by Snarl because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thanks Night Star, you are so kind xx You spent such a lot of time reaching out to Nick in his darkest hours. I'm sure even towards the end he was aware of all your kind words, and cute photos.xx

posted on Apr, 23 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Oh NicksMum, it's so good to see you again! Thank you! I'm sure that Nick knew he was surrounded by the love of his ATS family here and that everyone made a difference.

How are you enjoying the site? Have you been brave enough to venture forth into different threads yet? lol

There are so many topics to explore and so many awesome people here. I've been thinking of you and wondering how you are. Thanks for stopping in today! Hugs!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join