It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens? NASA scientists shock at mystery 'CATACLYSMIC' space event

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: ThickAsABrick

Hey maybe star wars is based on real events, and that was the death star in action

Well it did happen a long tme ago (10 Billion Years is a long time) in a galazy far away (93,000,000 miles x 1,000,000,000 is far away) so I think we're onto something here.

Just a thought, if the universe is expanding then the distance light travels from a star or other astranomical evemt would have to travel further, effecting the calculation of light speed, or is that my pre-coffee brain playing trickes on me?

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Humans have had the capability to "see" into deep space for how long...not even 100 years? When we get a few millions years of observation under our belts, maybe we'll realize that these "rare" events are actually quite common.

The arrogance of our no-nothing baby species is pitiful.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What is even freakier is that the "lights" were only on for 24 hours

that's what i was thinking, i don't know it if it take x rays as long as light to travel, but if they do shouldn't it have taken another 10 billion for us to notice it fade.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

thats actually a good point and ive just finished my coffee, it sounds right, but dark matter was also mentioned, but that also makes me think if the universe is expanding, what speed is it expanding at, and where is the centre point where it is all expanding from, and what's it like there.

First introduced by Edwin Hubble when he demonstrated that more distant galaxies are moving away from us faster than closer ones.The best measurements for this parameter gives a value of about 68 km/s per megaparsec....

hmm yeah i think its going to take a bit of maths to see how long ago this event happened.

and im not upto that job lol

edit on 1-4-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

this from an edu page....
Yet there is no centre to the expansion; it is the same everywhere. The Big Bang should not be visualised as an ordinary explosion. The universe is not expanding out from a centre into space; rather, the whole universe is expanding and it is doing so equally at all places, as far as we can tell

that makes me think that if its expanding everywhere, then we must have collisions, very rarely.

maybe thats what happened.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   
That was an industrial accident. Somewhere, a tentacled physicist burbled "And with a push of my tentacle tip, the energy problems of the Zukzak are over..."

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

What is even freakier is that the "lights" were only on for 24 hours

that's what i was thinking, i don't know it if it take x rays as long as light to travel, but if they do shouldn't it have taken another 10 billion for us to notice it fade.

X-rays ARE light. Just very blue.

And, no. It'll take what it took. Consider a spear being shot by a huge atlatl. The spear might go 100 yards but only be three feet long. It doesn't stretch to fill the distance it was thrown. The burst of photons is sort of like a spear a light day in length but traveling for 10 billion light years before it gets here.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

so if the Universe is expanding, would light not be affected by this, i mean if it was and the universe is expanding everywhere, then light would be like a pinball ball, and not travel in a straight line, jusyt writing that makes me think that, other forces probably don't effect light as it travels, except maybe a black hole???

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 04:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Bedlam

so if the Universe is expanding, would light not be affected by this, i mean if it was and the universe is expanding everywhere, then light would be like a pinball ball, and not travel in a straight line, jusyt writing that makes me think that, other forces probably don't effect light as it travels, except maybe a black hole???

You get all sorts of gravitational artifacts, and dispersion from interstellar matter, probably some rare interactions with virtual particles. What's amazing to me is that so little of that happens that you still have a bunch of it left unscattered.

Of course, the really high energy photons from this are gone ling ago.

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

OK..here's another possibility raising the stakes to at least four....

Type 1 civilisation.

After spending a Billion years perfecting their societies and the quantum technologies, the Type 1 species, after exploring the Galaxy and learning that our galaxy is going to run out of dark energy required for the quantum cohesion of reality, perfected their grand project at last.

The goal?

To travel from their point of origin, an increasingly unstable time around 6 Billion years hence, to a much more desirable place and time around 10.7 billion years in our past (16.7 Billion from this species perspective) and literally moved their entire Dyson sphere enclosed Solar System and associated artificial satellite worlds they've created, through space and time using Quantum-gate entanglement jump technology.

The process required unimaginably enormous amounts of energy, impossible for us to envision, but well within this type 1 species capabilities...a super-massive black hole was artificially created 6 Billion years from now, which was intentionally collapsed and it's extraordinarily enormous energy siphoned off to power the Solar System wide Quantum jump.

The bright, but momentary flash of light observed was a portion of this energy surrounding and cushioning their Solar System which began to quickly dissipate upon arrival to their new stable home region, Billions of years into our past, Billions of light years away.

That's al least an option, and with our limited knowledge of what is truly out there and what can be achieved if we ourselves could survive as a species for millions of years to come, who's to say it isn't exactly what caused the anomalous and massive flash of light?

edit on 1 4 2017 by MysterX because: typo

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: MysterX

looking at this time line of the universe, 10 billion years ago was when expansion started to accelerate , so i suppose there was loads of cataclysmic events at this time, especially if it is expanding in all directions....

posted on Apr, 1 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It would appear Degra and the Xindi council are back together...

Paging Captain Archer...and T'Pol....definitely T'Pol

-Chris

top topics

<< 1   >>

join