It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vault 7, Wikileaks releases "Marble"

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Here we go again!

WikiLeaks has released the latest batch of documents detailing CIA hacking tactics. The third release, named ‘Marble’, contains 676 source code files for the agency’s secret anti-forensics framework.
Marble Framework, which WikiLeaks explains is part of the CIA’s Core Library of malware, is used to hamper forensic investigators from attributing viruses, trojans and hacking attacks to the CIA.

Vault 7, Wikileaks releases "Marble"

https://__._/vault7/#Marble%20Framework
ATS is blocking Wikileaks links, so please enter "wikileaks" and ".org" in the spaces if you are interested in the original article, however it's posted BELOW -->

Today, March 31st 2017, WikiLeaks releases Vault 7 "Marble" -- 676 source code files for the CIA's secret anti-forensic Marble Framework. Marble is used to hamper forensic investigators and anti-virus companies from attributing viruses, trojans and hacking attacks to the CIA.

Marble does this by hiding ("obfuscating") text fragments used in CIA malware from visual inspection. This is the digital equivallent of a specalized CIA tool to place covers over the english language text on U.S. produced weapons systems before giving them to insurgents secretly backed by the CIA.

Marble forms part of the CIA's anti-forensics approach and the CIA's Core Library of malware code. It is "[D]esigned to allow for flexible and easy-to-use obfuscation" as "string obfuscation algorithms (especially those that are unique) are often used to link malware to a specific developer or development shop."

The Marble source code also includes a deobfuscator to reverse CIA text obfuscation. Combined with the revealed obfuscation techniques, a pattern or signature emerges which can assist forensic investigators attribute previous hacking attacks and viruses to the CIA. Marble was in use at the CIA during 2016. It reached 1.0 in 2015.

The source code shows that Marble has test examples not just in English but also in Chinese, Russian, Korean, Arabic and Farsi. This would permit a forensic attribution double game, for example by pretending that the spoken language of the malware creator was not American English, but Chinese, but then showing attempts to conceal the use of Chinese, drawing forensic investigators even more strongly to the wrong conclusion, --- but there are other possibilities, such as hiding fake error messages.

The Marble Framework is used for obfuscation only and does not contain any vulnerabilties or exploits by itself.
----
I didn't have time to go through it so if you find anything interesting please share!

And let me know what you guys think.
edit on 31-3-2017 by Necrose because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Necrose

I think the Russians are getting desperate. They are setting it up so that gullible people will blame the CIA for Russia's espionage.

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

I think the Russians are getting desperate. They are setting it up so that gullible people will blame the CIA for Russia's espionage.

Why would they even bother? Them CIA & NSA are spying on every country in the world, so Russians can too, right?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Necrose

Why would they even bother? Them CIA & NSA are spying on every country in the world, so Russians can too, right?

Yes, but right now the Russians want to convince Americans that it was the CIA that was interfering in the United States election, not Russia. Some puppet will be along in a minute to make that claim. Just wait and see.

edit on 31-3-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

+22 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Gee maybe because everything points to it being an inside job,you liberals with your far out theory's,all you do is defy all logic

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Gee maybe because everything points to it being an inside job,you liberals with your far out theory's,all you do is defy all logic

+1 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes, but right now the Russians want to convince Americans that it was the CIA that was interfering in the United States election, not Russia. Some puppet will be along in a minute to make that claim. Just wait and see.

Why would you think that CIA was not interfering in the US election? ... First of all, Presidents are CHOSEN, not elected, so in that sense, CIA (and The Powers That Be - as they usually work hand in hand) picked the president long before the vote took place, there are very few coincidences in politics. Usually everything is meticulously planned. The agenda is set long-term. The general population, the plebs i.e. the workers, have no say in the said agenda. Of course there are some distractions to make the general population think that they have free will and their say and also that they can influence that state of things, but generally they always follow their long-term agenda.

For example, some people think Brexit is a bad thing for globalists, I think they are wrong, because the point of UK not being in the EU is that they can no longer veto any arrangements that Germany and France make, such as the EU Army, which is now proposed and will happen! Also, Ocenia in Orwell's 1984 places the UK with the US in the same region... following the pattern.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Yes, but right now the CIA want to convince Americans that it was Russia that was interfering in the United States election, Just wait and see.

FTFY

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:01 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Why would you think that CIA was not interfering in the US election? ... First of all, Presidents are CHOSEN, not elected

Then why is the Chosen One being hustled out with all speed?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Why would you think that CIA was not interfering in the US election? ... First of all, Presidents are CHOSEN, not elected

Idk, we will see I guess

+2 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Your neo-McCarthyist / Russian-centric non-sense is hopefully gathering less and less attention each day ...
Did anybody - even among the alphabet agencies - ever stated that the wikileaks publication wasn't authentic ?

edit on 31-3-2017 by theultimatebelgianjoke because: -

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

LOL...not gonna happen.

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Told you. Как погода в Питере?

What does the "weather in St. Petersburg" have to do with anything?

Not trying to disqualify your theory at all.

+11 more 
posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Lol russians

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Why would you think that CIA was not interfering in the US election? ... First of all, Presidents are CHOSEN, not elected, so in that sense, CIA (and The Powers That Be - as they usually work hand in hand) picked the president long before the vote took place, there are very few coincidences in politics. Usually everything is meticulously planned. The agenda is set long-term. The general population, the plebs i.e. the workers, have no say in the said agenda. Of course there are some distractions to make the general population think that they have free will and their say and also that they can influence that state of things, but generally they always follow their long-term agenda.

For example, some people think Brexit is a bad thing for globalists, I think they are wrong, because the point of UK not being in the EU is that they can no longer veto any arrangements that Germany and France make, such as the EU Army, which is now proposed and will happen! Also, Ocenia in Orwell's 1984 places the UK with the US in the same region... following the pattern.

So we got Trump by some sort of very inside deal that almost everybody but the powerless middle American didn't want?

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   

If you believe that you must also believe North Korea landed on the sun

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

And the CIA has tools to make it look like it was anyone else besides themselves.

But...Russia...

sigh

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: theultimatebelgianjoke

Your neo-McCarthyist / Russian-centric non-sense is hopefully gathering less and less attention each day ...

Why do you keep bringing up McCarthy? Trump has a McCarthy staffer as an adviser!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 31 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I love it when the Russian Troll army charges out into the daylight. Anyone can read this thread and tell what is going on. The same members who told me that I don't belong here because I "don't believe in conspiracies" are ridiculing me for believing in conspiracy theories now!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join