It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: MacK80

If you want to argue with me that mental illness can not have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

Good luck with that, crickets is right.

Senility after a stroke is one. ALheimers is as well. Both have Physical causes. So your assertion is wrong.

... you just proved my case. I am the one who said many mental illnesses have a physical cause. It was someone in YOUR camp who said it's not a mental illness if there is a physical cause.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

originally posted by: MacK80
a reply to: Xenogears

Here's some actual suicide facts for you, trans suicide rate is around 50%, but 80% of this rate is because of lack of family support and lack of ability to finance transition. It's that important to them many, kill themselves. Reflect on this, as I question what a 20x increase means, because if it as an anomaly increase from 1 to 20, this is a 20x increase.

That's a pretty bold statement.

Show me one suicide note saying they did the deed due to the fact their family is poor.

Family support is more than just MONEY. Lack of people who care about you is very depressing. Look at the holidays for a good example. SIngle and divorced people prolly make up a majority of suicide right?
Not to mention people who are hateful toward them also are a factor. Not everyone has a thick skin.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Not surprising you would run after your logical fallacies and ad-hom attacks against my character failed.

Then again, you tried to argue being black was the same as using steroids, and if you don't win then it's not an unfair advantage.

Any unfair advantage should not be allowed. Period.

MTF competes against men.
FTM competes against men.

I am also for them having their own leagues if they wanted to, but would not push for it myself.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

If you want to argue with me that mental illness can not have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

Good luck with that, crickets is right.

Senility after a stroke is one. ALheimers is as well. Both have Physical causes. So your assertion is wrong.

... you just proved my case. I am the one who said many mental illnesses have a physical cause. It was someone in YOUR camp who said it's not a mental illness if there is a physical cause.

Thank you for agreeing with me.

MacK80

If you want to argue with me that mental illness CAN NOT have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

Funny i assummed it was you . the quote function must be messed up.
reread their comment. You are in agreement then since you agree with what I posted then.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: oopsie

edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: fixed

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

Yes. Many mental illnesses have a physical cause.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Then again, you tried to argue being black was the same as using steroids, and if you don't win then it's not an unfair advantage.

How well can you even quote this obviously wrong assertion you're framing here?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes. Many mental illnesses have a physical cause.

Ok then. now Gender dysphoria according to studies Isnt a mental illness though. Thats where the confusion is coming from here. It USED to be one but much like other things classifications change over time.

Sure a masculine person who starts late in life should not go into a sport because they do have vestigal muscle and mass. now ones who start early an dlook and are of the same size as a normal woman they should be allowwed to compete with women(provided they are on T blockers).

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You suffer from alt-right disease. Everything you read is an analogical statement for something else.

Ahem. Honey remember? vinegar is sour. Educate instead of being mean my friend.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Whether it SHOULD be is a debate I will let others have. I was merely responding to the fallacious argument it CAN'T be because it has a physical cause. Having a physical cause does not preclude the result being a mental illness. I am not arguing one way or another whether this should be a mental illness.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   

:Yawn:

More ad-homs. I guess what are you going to do when you have no actual argument and you think being born black is analogous to using steroids.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Whether it SHOULD be is a debate I will let others have. I was merely responding to the fallacious argument it CAN'T be because it has a physical cause. Having a physical cause does not preclude the result being a mental illness. I am not arguing one way or another whether this should be a mental illness.

Well I never meant that something couldn't be a mental illness if there was a physical cause. My argument is that if you see a physical cause and psych meds and therapy don't resolve the problem, then it probably isn't a mental illness.

You can't resolve a cleft palate with psych meds and therapy. The only way to cure it is to physically fix it.

There has been zero success with trying to change the mental perception of a person with gender dysphoria using psych meds and therapy. The only success has been to change the body.

You do the math.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Psych meds typically do not 'cure' the problem.

Now here is the question, if tomorrow they find a cure, and they are able to make it go away ... does that make it a mental illness? Should everyone take the medication?

ETA: Gender dysphoria DOES actually go away in some people, especially children.
edit on 28-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I can successfully argue that psych meds have a longer track record of failure in all applications than they have successes. They are trying to apply a chemical solution to a problem with no chemical testing presence to confirm or reject a diagnosis. I'm not surprised psych drugs have failed with trans people, they only serve to mask symptoms of people with clinical depression, schizos, and the like.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Try to grasp her analogy before you just move on to your hypothetically impossible one;

Can I just claim having AIDS is a mental illness? And broken limbs? To devoid myself from helping those people?

I'd love to hear your professional opinion between a physical case and a mental illness.

Transgenderism aside, the lack of an answer is why psych is faulty science, short of 'letting people blow off steam' and reporting domestic abuse, that pushes big pharma.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Psych meds more or less treat symptoms. It's not like an antibiotic that permanently cures you.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

What the heck are you talking about ...

First you equate being born black to taking steroids, now somehow breaking a limb somehow has something to do with being transgender?

You are truly making zero sense. Seriously, take a break, and I mean that in a caring way.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm honestly of the belief that they mask the symptoms rather than even "treating" them. I've long thought this is why so many on high powered SSRI drugs go off the rails or have to switch medication every year or so. If you're just covering up a problem, the problem not only remains, it quietly grows larger until it spills out like a broken dam.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

What the heck are you talking about ...

I'll just take this as my win; how could you be possibly making rational arguments against me if you don't understand my position right? and you've mentioned blacks and steroids, 3 times now. No I did not even equate steroids. Just black verse white people, you made the jump and then illogically picked steroids, as the main discussions are about HTR. So drop it. I don't honestly believe I even typed it("Steroids"), but seeing as you've ATTRIBUTED FALSELY this to me, help me understand and quote it, or drop it.

You misunderstanding nearly everything is far from my main argument.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Masking or treating, it's a fine line. There's a lot of reasons why medication adjustment occurs.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join