It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female athletes crushed by 'women who were once men'

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I never have no response, I'm posting several times in a row, be more clear obviously. Save your worthless meme and idioms and brick text preaching though.

Edit: After reading it again, I'm baffled. You're surprised I had no response to content with no questions? Clarify.

*Crickets* Gee. I hope it's long.
edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar
a reply to: kaylaluv

That's not your opinion.

You're scared of saying the wrong thing.

Yes or No?

You are not God. therefore You do not have the right to speak for the person you are talking to. the world is not made up of absolutes. Its a scale of many greys in between.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: kaylaluv
Because a person with gender dysphoria has no typical symptoms of a mental illness, other than maybe anxiety or depression that can be explained by the dysphoria, and usually goes away on its own once the dysphoria is dealt with physically.

"When I look in the mirror, I expect to see someone totally different looking back at me" is a typical symptom of mental illness. In fact, it is the driving force behind Anorexia and most of the other body dysphoria disorders, all of which are still classified as mental disorders by psychologists.

Nope. Anorexia usually affects people with such traits as perfectionism and over sensitivity to criticism. It is an emotional issue which is treated with anti-anxiety/anti-depressants and therapy. These treatments usually resolve the issue. That same treatment doesn't resolve gender dysphoria. You cannot compare the two.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
My problem is that I'm hearing non op MtF might be participating in the Olympics. Unless they're undergoing chemical castration, the added natural testosterone would give them a definite edge.

Another problem I've heard, don't know if true, is that there's 20x rate of suicide in post op population. Which might be true given the quality of current surgical procedures.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

I'd be interested in seeing a study that tested homosexual brains against male to female untreated trans people brains and the control group. I say that honestly, I'd be very interested in how those parts of the brain compare.

Those imaging studies have been made but I'm short on time at the moment to dig up the references. In the mean time, here's something to chew on.

As I posted in another thread three days ago:

Transsexual differences caught on brain scan
Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain?

And in another a few days before that:

Taking the entire breadth of the findings uncovered by research, it appears that there is more than sufficient evidence that transgender persons either have a serious hormonal-based birth defect, have been exposed to exogenous chemicals which have impacted their gender development in the womb, have a genetic karyotype which differs from the general population, or via some other process have a brain structure which is different than would be indicated by their chromosomes. While no single study presents proof beyond any shadow of a doubt or with metaphysical certainty, taken together they do present a preponderance of evidence such that one can say with confidence that transgender individuals have a congenital gene-based difference from cissexual individuals. source

And in Morrad's thread here:

Neurobiology of Transgender

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Not if they started hormone therapy before going through puberty, and not if, as in Freija's case, they never had high amounts of testosterone in their body.

There are many things that can't be changed or are reversible. Completely unfair advantage.
edit on 28-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Xenogears

Here's some actual suicide facts for you, trans suicide rate is around 50%, but 80% of this rate is because of lack of family support and lack of ability to finance transition. It's that important to them many, kill themselves. Reflect on this, as I question what a 20x increase means, because if it as an anomaly increase from 1 to 20, this is a 20x increase.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: MacK80

If you want to argue with me that mental illness can not have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

Good luck with that, crickets is right.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: MacK80

So your argument is that the advantage only matters if it's self administered?

Can a trans that is 'forced by the liberi-tard' parents to transition at 6 years old, 6, we're talking this thing will never resemble a male ever, can they play sports? or no? because facts?

Of course they can. Against men. And those parents should be jailed for forcing it.

The advantage matters because it was created. Just like steroids creates an advantage. The fact you are comparing steroid use to being black is ridiculous.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Why would I argue something so absurd that; from the start, MY position is EVERYTHING is a physical cause, and your business is a RACKET, did you think that meant I support it?

Also, as a non-psych doctor, my minimalist study of humans suggests the way you ended your sentence with bad, makes you judgmental and shows illusory superiority.
edit on 28-3-2017 by MacK80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

So you admit there is silver lining?

Because the argument is will trans be barred? Not can they cheat when they compete.

HELLLLLLO?

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

"When I look in the mirror, I expect to see someone totally different looking back at me" is a typical symptom of mental illness. In fact, it is the driving force behind Anorexia and most of the other body dysphoria disorders, all of which are still classified as mental disorders by psychologists.

This does not describe gender dysphoria.

Stop Confusing Gender Dysphoria With Body Dysmorphia Already

originally posted by: Xenogears
My problem is that I'm hearing non op MtF might be participating in the Olympics. Unless they're undergoing chemical castration, the added natural testosterone would give them a definite edge.

Please review a few pages back. Rules for the International Olympic Committee have been posted. Also posted are links to a website that covers the rules for many sporting bodies.

Another problem I've heard, don't know if true, is that there's 20x rate of suicide in post op population. Which might be true given the quality of current surgical procedures.

I can see that you're just under-informed. Here is some information that can help with that:

The Truth About Transgender Suicide

Myths About Transition Regrets

Surgical regret is actually very uncommon. Virtually every modern study puts it below 4 percent, and most estimate it to be between 1 and 2 percent (Cohen-Kettenis & Pfafflin 2003, Kuiper & Cohen-Kettenis 1998, Pfafflin & Junge 1998, Smith 2005, Dhejne 2014). In some other recent longitudinal studies, none of the subjects expressed regret over medically transitioning (Krege et al. 2001, De Cuypere et al. 2006).

These findings make sense given the consistent findings that access to medical care improves quality of life along many axes, including sexual functioning, self-esteem, body image, socioeconomic adjustment, family life, relationships, psychological status and general life satisfaction. This is supported by the numerous studies (Murad 2010, De Cuypere 2006, Kuiper 1988, Gorton 2011, Clements-Nolle 2006) that also consistently show that access to SRS reduces suicidality by a factor of three to six (between 67 percent and 84 percent).

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well you should get your money back on your degree because you clearly did not get much out of it. Your assessment is completely off. My post conveys the sheer amount of ignorance you have displayed. Your being ignorant does not make me superior, it just makes you ignorant. You clearly know nothing about me at all, and YOU are the one who is proven judgmental with your post.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Here's some actual suicide facts for you, trans suicide rate is around 50%, but 80% of this rate is because of lack of family support and lack of ability to finance transition. It's that important to them many, kill themselves. Reflect on this, as I question what a 20x increase means, because if it as an anomaly increase from 1 to 20, this is a 20x increase.

That's a pretty bold statement.

Show me one suicide note saying they did the deed due to the fact their family is poor.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Wow. You addressed none of the argument. It seems your degree only enhances your ability to argue.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I have no idea what you are talking about. Silver lining? What is up with the "HELLLLLLO?" ... maybe you can reply again and make a clear post that can be responded to.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krahzeef_Ukhar

That's a pretty bold statement.

Show me one suicide note saying they did the deed due to the fact their family is poor.

Explain to me why the rate has gone down with price going down first.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

You had no argument, all your post had was you being judgmental and using ad-homs against me. Maybe if you post something that is not a logical fallacy I can respond.

Unfair advantages are just that, unfair. Being black is not the same as steroid use. It's hard to debate with the level of ignorance you display.
edit on 28-3-2017 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

If you want to argue with me that mental illness can not have a physical cause you will lose. Bad.

Good luck with that, crickets is right.

Senility after a stroke is one. ALheimers is as well. Both have Physical causes. So your assertion is wrong.

posted on Mar, 28 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

You've already been smashed with greater minds than me.

I'm not the person you want to be finding with through the end of this to display your intelligence.

You're too Off-topic to warrant any more responces

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join