It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump’s Contract with the American Voter

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I see a lot of people who are progressive/liberal minded (reviewing their past posts) who complain that Pres Trump is not keeping his promises. They use this claim as some sort of offensive weapon against him. It sort of amazes me because why in the heck would Libs want him to keep his promises? They are against 90% or more of those promises with the core of their being. I really don't understand so would someone please enlighten me?

Promises

So now the issue at hand, how is he doing?

One month in, President Trump has not ventured far from the promises articulated in his “Contract With the American Voter.” Of the 44 policy pledges laid out in the Contract, we’ve documented that eighteen promises (~40%) have either been “completed” or are “in progress.” While some pundits and even supporters of candidate Trump discouraged voters from taking Trump literally, we can conclude that taking the President’s most consistent policy pledges at face value is not a waste of time.

Link

Let me add, if the President did nothing more than maintain the recent past equilibrium of the Supreme Court with the appointment of Neil Gorsuch he has done enough for me.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Let me add, if the President did nothing more than maintain the recent past equilibrium of the Supreme Court with the appointment of Neil Gorsuch he has done enough for me.

And I'm hoping for a couple more.........

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Yippee to that idea!
a reply to: schuyler

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
It's not been long enough to determine either way.

Ass kissers and haters are both wrong to jump on any bandwagon just yet.

What will be important to look out for is the U-turns.
The private prisons?
Marijuana legislation which he was pro, but appointing Sessions who ultimately, hates the plant with a passion going as far as to call it as bad as heroin.

Trump made a decision to put him there.
You can expect backlash.

30 day plan to defeating ISIS?
Where's that, because the only war we've seen so far is a botched raid in Yemen assisting Saudi Arabia of all countries.

I'd list some pros for the start of his Admin, but I can't for the life of me think of one I consider pro.

I'll leave that to others.
edit on 20-3-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2017 by Hazardous1408 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
It bugs many of them because Obama didn't keep his promises so they are trying to "project" that on to Prez Trump because he's keeping his one after the other.
edit on 20-3-2017 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

It's going as I personally expected I'd say. He hasn't really changed and I think he's trying to stay on track on keeping his campaign goals. The same people are going to hate him. His media opposition has become even more relentless and ridiculous. I'm more concerned with the Democrats and our intel agencies who are warmongering as hard as any Neo Con. Considering everything that has happened in our country for the last 25 years of Bushes and Clinton's with an Obama for the last eight we are probably closest to the brink of another world war than we've ever been. I'm afraid it would happen whether either candidate wanted it or not. I have a glimmer of hope that Trump can avoid a world wide conflict that is basically at our doorstep, although I'm sure some have already concluded this this even before Trump won.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Huh? Anyone who isn't a Trump supporter don't want him to keep his promises! People who wanted him to keep his promises voted for him, psssstt... and they ain't liberals.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Your double negative just burned my brain. The OP is just saying that for once, a president is doing his best to keep his promises.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
It bugs many of them because Obama didn't keep his promises so they are trying to "project" that on to Prez Trump because he's keeping his one after the other.

Actually Obama kept quite a few of his promises. Trump might have kept a couple here are the big ones he lied about.
He claimed ISIS would be gone in 30 days. Promise not kept.
Mexico will pay for the wall. Then he asks congress for the money. Promise not kept.
He would deport all illegals. Now he wants to do like Reagan and allow most of them to stay. Promise not kept.
The left isn't bringing up his promises because they are wanting him to keep them they bring them up to show how he played his followers for chumps.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 08:05 AM
link   
You are just mad that you couldn't keep your insurance or your doctor. Your man Obama also promised to eliminate all oil and gas tax loopholes along with another 7 pages of broken promises here. www.politifact.com...

a reply to: buster2010

Talk about getting played for 8 years!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

He would deport all illegals.

nowhere did he ever say that. It's cool to be an ignorant hater, but to throw in lies on top of ignorance is quite sad.
Unless you can quote him, then of course I'd be really wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:15 AM
link   

We don't point out how Trump is breaking his promises because we want him to keep them. We are pointing them out because we are trying to show you how he is a liar and a conman and that he is currently in the process of conning you. Not sure why this needs to be explained to you though...

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   

You are just mad that you couldn't keep your insurance or your doctor. Your man Obama also promised to eliminate all oil and gas tax loopholes along with another 7 pages of broken promises here. www.politifact.com...

Trump vows ‘insurance for everybody’ in Obamacare replacement plan
He's already in the process of breaking that promise with that piece of # bill the AHCA that is projected reduce Americans with health insurance to levels even LESS than before Obamacare came into effect.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

He's already in the process of breaking that promise with that piece of # bill the AHCA that is projected reduce Americans with health insurance to levels even LESS than before Obamacare came into effect.

Yes he did say that, but to be completely fair, the bill hasn't even been read on the floor yet, so hanging him for all who would loose their insurance is a bit premature. It's like putting Obama in jail for being born in Kenya before doing an investigation into his roots. And I doubt MOST lefties are that stupid. MOST. But prove me wrong.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

True. The bill isn't in effect yet, but Trump really isn't doing anything to improve it yet. Though I'm sure you realize I will be SUPER quick to hang him on this if it passes as stands.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   

True. The bill isn't in effect yet, but Trump really isn't doing anything to improve it yet. Though I'm sure you realize I will be SUPER quick to hang him on this if it passes as stands.

In this case, I agree. Although I am a bit irritated with everyone bitching about the bill, but nobody seems to be smart enough to offer solutions.

He did say "Healthcare for Everyone", so he needs to be held accountable for that. If he lies, then it will go downs as something akin to "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor". And nobody wants to make a dumbass mistake that big.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Well it seems, from watching his rallies the last few days, that he wants to pass the bill as is to get healthcare repeal out of the way so he can tackle his REAL priorities. Tax cuts. If this is true, don't expect Trump's "Healthcare for everybody" claim to come to fruition.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

This post was about campaign promises that Trump made to sway voters to vote for him. Your link about health care for everyone was from January, well past the election. Please try not to derail the post with off-topic subject matter.

I personally believe that Pres Trump does want to in fact provide health care for everyone and that is what he said. He doesn't control this issue, congress must pass such a provision first before he can sign it into law. D's and R's would have to come together to promote this provision. If they don't that doesn't mean that Trump lied it means he tried.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

So it isn't a lie if he didn't say it on the campaign trail? I'm not following you why we can't take his word for it now just because he isn't campaigning.

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
What I said this thread is about campaign promises contained in the well documented and signed by Pres Trump contract with the American voter. That is the topic. If you wish to expand it to everything and anything that he may, or may not, had said you should start your own thread on that topic. I suggest in the mud pit as such an unstructured topic will certainly being emotional discussion.

a reply to: Krazysh0t

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join