It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRAZY RESULTS: My experience with Fasting and healthy eating

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore
a reply to: fusiondoe

When you fast, do you do it 2 days in a row?

And does this mean you just don't eat anything that day, or do you wait until the afternoon/evening before you eat?

Glad to hear this new regiment is working wonders for you! Thanks for sharing with us

I just water fast for two days in a row!

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Okay, that's great to know. Thanks so much for sharing this - I'm going to try it (at some point)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Try aligning with Ayurveda eating. Find your Dosha. There are three: Vata, Pitta, Kapha. Quiz- to start out. Though, I suggest trying different one if you're going to go with that method or look into how to find it yourself instead with reading material.
edit on 20-3-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 12:48 AM
link   
For a while there, I was eating a Keto diet, and exercising a lot daily. I felt awesome! I was never sick, my sick looked better, I felt better, and my mind was very clear.

Then I got caught up going back to school, starting a new career, and I just couldn't follow the same regime anymore. It was impossible. Now I feel tired all the time, and the worst is that I think my mind suffers. My memory seems really bad, my thinking less clear.

People keep bringing pastries and homemade cakes to the office, and I swear eating crap like that makes me feel sluggish and dumb for days afterwards.
edit on 21-3-2017 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

This doesn't work for aliens, I mean Saiyans, I mean it only works for humans...

Sarcasm set aside now, hehe, couldnt resist....anyways, thats awesome! I am sure you have a lot of people looking at you or telling you how lucky you are etc. Haha. I could prob relate a bit, sometimes my energy consumption is so fast that sometimes I end up eating like a void is inside of me xD

But interesting nevertheless....or, actually, it may be them little tiny twinky looking alien bite sized goodies you got there on the stick haha

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ttobban

Hrmm, some pointers here for me too! Thank you! Had not thought or prob seen things maybe a little different =)

This is why ATS is great!

posted on Mar, 21 2017 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

11% bf is not dangerous for a female in any way. Although, it would be very difficult to get to, much less maintain. I am a male, and am a fitness freak with a focus on nutrition. The OP is very lucky to have discovered this as I suggest this lifestyle to anyone who asks me for help.
I myself have hit 9% bf solely for the purpose of hitting a single digit percentage. It quickly bounced back up to 11/12 after that, which I am perfectly happy with.
I have utilized IF for over 2 years now and it is indeed a useful tool. Although I followed an 18/6 method (18 hours of fasting with a 6 hours r feeding window). During fasting I would still drink plenty of water and coffee (black) with some micronutrients. I also, wouldn't do this every day, but most of the week.
The OP chooses his food wisely too. As often as I can I avoid dairy and grain. Through these choices, my body stays lean effortlessly.
I also lift 3 days a week, nothing more than that. Even when I would be in a calorie deficit to shed weight, I would still gain muscle and strength, so don't believe stories that it is impossible. While those 2 mechanisms overlap some, they are ultimately different operations in the body that can be worked simultaneously.
Ultimately it comes down to not believing the heaping piles of lies that the bodybuilding community puts out there. Supplements are crap and not necessary, even protein powder. Just do some digging and put in the effort to do a little research.
Of course, if your goal is to be as huge and as strong without any regard for the rest of your body, then by all means eat everything, workout 7 days a week and take steroids lol. Otherwise, I wish everyone good health! 😁
edit on 21 3 2017 by qiwi676 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I like it in theory. If I was a monk with no stress I'd be fasting maybe 2+5 instead of 5+2 as I don't like to eat much. Or live in general, lol. I'm lean, never got above 176 pounds even when I tried hard during two years of serious bodybuilding and eating every couple of hours. When 5 means five days at work, a manual work? Monday would be a killer. Oh, and Saturday.... Missing two feeding days is probably not meant for me. Without moving one learns how to breathe to burn the fat and spare the muscles but the basal metabolism and the brain still burn too much. I think my body refuses to make more than one day stock.

posted on Mar, 24 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe

For the past year I have been fasting for 2 days weekly and on the other 5 I have been eating herbs, nuts, berries, seeds, fish and the occasional white meat.

GMO's are the enemy, as is Fluoride! Do not trust what you buy in the supermarkets, ditch the fast food... I love a burger and fries as much as the next person but the Governments are denying you the pure nutrition and vitamins that our bodies need for our physical and spiritual health!

I go on low carbs (only full cereal crackers as carbs) no alcohol, normal quantities prots and fats, no pork, diverse fruits and vegetables. I will lose about a couple of kilo's a month or maybe weight stays the same, which I also see as a profit

Some say Fluoride is added to toothpaste etc. to reduce fertility, advocates of this measures say: thats why there is relatively low over population in the world right now
edit on 2017-3-24 by galien8 because: typo

<< 1   >>

join