It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CRAZY RESULTS: My experience with Fasting and healthy eating

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
First things first - I am not a tree hugging, bird watching vegan trying to push an agenda here... I am merely giving you guys some info from my own experience and it's info that I hope will educate some because in my opinion it WORKS.

The Japanese, the Chinese with their herbs, the Caribbean folk also, all these people throughout the years who sing the praises of pure food and herbs in society's where there is minimal processing or GMO's

Over the last few years I have read many articles and forums which preach the benefits of eating healthy and intermittent fasting. Like many, I thought a lot of it was rubbish and little more then a trick to make people spend on overpriced 'organic' produce that was just as good down your local Mall/Supermarket.

Well.....

For the past year I have been fasting for 2 days weekly and on the other 5 I have been eating herbs, nuts, berries, seeds, fish and the occasional white meat.

Please note I am not promoting the famous 5:2 diet here in any way, at least not intentionally, I wasn't aware the 5:2 diet was a thing until around a month ago, I just happened to fast for 2 days a week as it suited me... but any how

The white meat I ate was sourced purely from my Uncles farm in the country (As was my vegetables) and the fish I ate was bought from fishmongers fresh, no packaging.

I also took to using a lot of herbs.

My results:

Over the last year I have lost 5 stone, my body fat percentage has gone down to 11%, my skin is clear, the dark bags under my eyes have disappeared, I have quit smoking, I feel energised.

I rarely get sick and when I do, I use herbs and teas, no medicine. My immune system has been strengthened tenfold!

But the most amazing result I have had (and many won't believe this) is my vision... it's improved... I have gone from wearing glasses 24/7 to only putting them on when I leave the house.

Now I don't buy into all this health freak nonsense but guys.... if your feeling unhealthy or unfit, give this is a try.

This is the best I've felt in years and I plan to continue this for a lifetime.

GMO's are the enemy, as is Fluoride! Do not trust what you buy in the supermarkets, ditch the fast food... I love a burger and fries as much as the next person but the Governments are denying you the pure nutrition and vitamins that our bodies need for our physical and spiritual health!

I absolutely believe with all my being that the key to a long life and the secret to the human races spiritual awakening, the ability to heal ourselves mentally and physically all comes from what we eat! I believe that the government know this and fear it.... there are so many cultures throughout the world which practice this, yet western governments force feed us crap!

What prompted me to share this was because the other day I had my first meal of junk food in a year, I went out and treated myself to a Big Mac and Fries with a large coke to wash it down.... Straight away I felt lethargic, stomach ache etc and it dawned on me that before I started eating healthy, I felt like crap all the time!

Just felt the need to share
edit on 19/3/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
My body fat percent has gone down to 11%

I hope you're male because 11% for a female is very very low, almost dangerously low.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I would waste away fasting in general. My motabolism is obsurdly fast, and I have trouble maintaining body weight despite eating 1000 calories above the normal daily intake as it is.

I also have an 11% body fat (male) but I eat 6 meals a day, all home made, all from whole foods, and very clean.

I'm not totally sure what your current nutrition plan is would work for someone like me, but it is very interesting nonetheless
edit on 19/3/17 by Ghost147 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

You forgot to mention something about exercise? Or am I missing something here?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I hope you're male because 11% for a female is very very low, almost dangerously low.

As for me, I'm pretty sure I would waste away fasting in general. My motabolism is obsurdly fast, and I have trouble maintaining body weight despite eating 1000 calories above the normal daily intake as it is.

I also have an 11% body fat (male) but I eat 6 meals a day, all home made, all from whole foods, and very clean.

I'm not totally sure what your current nutrition plan is would work for someone like me, but it is very interesting nonetheless

Sorry I am male yes! Should have mentioned that

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
You mean you ate what humans are supposed to eat instead of the poison that's almost literally shoved down our throats every day...

...and it made you feel better?

The hell you say.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Indeed! I do of course go to the gym, the 11% bodyfat is of course aided by weightlifting etc.

However in terms of the health benefits, just the food alone has worked wonders

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther
You mean you ate what humans are supposed to eat instead of the poison that's almost literally shoved down our throats every day...

...and it made you feel better?

The hell you say.

Indeed! But it's interesting because before I thought it was all rubbish, yet once I really went through with it I realised that... just like you say... it's exactly what we should be eating!

Sad that so many people blindly shove McDonald's and fried chicken down their necks with little knowledge of what they are doing to themselves

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Great Job! It always makes me happy to see more people eating in such a manner. The simpler the better is my opinion... mother nature will always know better than science.

I always advise this test at home... using a jar of natural honey, and bug killer. You need 2 people to do this. Try holding one at a time against your heart, using your weaker hand. Tuck the other arms elbow to your side with your wrist pointing forward and your palm up... stand with feet shoulder width apart. Have the other person apply downward force on your palm evenly... just compare the differences in strength and try to tell me that natural is not better? Its a really cool experiment.

I also agree with Flouride... and fasting. I skip a day of eating almost once a week... sometimes go 4 or 5 days with nothing but water. Not only does fasting allow the immune system to function and practice, it is a great addition to deep meditation for me. For me these days, eating is slowed down tremendously too... I am always the last one eating if it is with others. I was not like that before I got into fasting and meditation.

Anyways... glad you are finding success and health!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Pics or it didn't happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I've been doing intermittent fasting for almost a year now, along with exercise and healthy eating and not only am I in the best shape of my life, every aspect of my life has improved. Like you said, my eyes, the bags, my skin, my sleep, my energy levels, never get sick, etc etc.

You really are what you eat. I remember when I ate McDonald's for the first time in months, I felt sick and my body rejected it instantly.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Good stuff you've posted.
Can you tell me how or when you discovered you longer needed glasses and that your vision had improved?

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:46 PM
link   
I eat about seventy five percent real food and twenty five percent processed food. I have been trying many combinations over the years. I can't eat a lot of leafy green anything nor can I eat too much green in general. But there are other color veggies. I do better eating real meat than the stuff generally in the stores. But it is hard to find decent chicken at a decent price. We did buy some grown around here, but it is three times as expensive but tastes way better than most commercial birds. The thing is, the really good local grown chickens that eat organic foods and run around outside taste so much better and I only need about a third as much and it satisfies me. I can eat a whole chicken.

We buy grass fed organic beef, by the half. We are using a lot more organic flour now. We buy organic celery and carrots most times unless I know a farmer who grows them naturally. Organic onions seem to have a better texture, sort of like onions used to be. Not that much difference in taste though. We buy regular garlic, not organic. We buy locally caught fish as much as possible and never any farmed fish.

I can't fast, I have always been hypoglycemic, so I rarely eat till lunchtime. I tried fasting for over a day, but my sugar drops too much. I actually make too much insulin I think or maybe I pee out the sugar like I do with salt

When I was younger I could handle not eating more than I do now. My hypoglycemia has gotten worse when I got older. My low blood volume has also gotten worse, my blood pressure varies a lot from standing to laying now, way more than when I was tested for this years ago. It is related to my lifetime rapid heart rate.

So I can't fast and can't drink a lot of soda or juice or I get problems with dizziness. I have to eat more proteins than most people

So I can't follow the diet in the OP, it won't work well for me. The strange thing is I love veggies but I can't eat many of them.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
All the processed mass produced business came from "Glory of the Future" where people could spend less time trying to grow or source food it could be mass produced and processed like an assembly line for convienance through modern technology... such a thing was lauded as state of the art and a boon to anyone wanting to get out of the fields and have more leisure time... hell it's why Henry Ford invented the first automobile a truck; so people could get farm work done faster and easier to have more time to spend with their families.

What a thing all of that has grown into though huh? Nearly everything being mass produced... as long as it gets the job done for a minute? Some of it doesn't even matter as far as quality goes... but to be honest I'd rather buy one superbly built screw driver that will last a lifetime than 30 inferior ones. Sure the initial cost will be higher but over time and dependability? Actually cheaper.

So yeah long gone is the idea that mass produced anything is state of the art or special; especially food. But canned goods holy frijoles Batman that saved hours and even days of work at the time... still does but so much time spent doing other things; it is rarely even thought about.

edit on 20-3-2017 by BigBrotherDarkness because: sp.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

I used to drink about 1,500 calories or so a day in Soda alone let alone eating another 2 or 3 K daily and still maintain 165 for 20 years. Surprise, I have a hyper-metabolism issue. At around 40 I started having PVC's (irregular heartbeat) and after numerous tests found out about it. Just FYI, You may wish to have your thyroid and adrenal numbers checked.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:16 AM
link   
I found when I gave up smoking my eyesight returned properly. Its due to the blood vessels opening and carrying more blood & oxygen.

Nuts and seeds were important to early man as they contain such a huge source of fat necessary for harsh winters when food was scarce. However, as we have access to food all year round, seeds & nuts can do more harm than good and you can end up piling the weight on and they can affect hormonal balance such as thyroid etc as they inhibit metabolism. This is why animals eat tons of nuts & seeds during hibernation time so their metablism slows down and they sleep due to lack of energy.

Nuts & seeds are also very difficult on the digestive system and many people are simply unable to digest them properly leading to bloating wind & digestive issues. This is the reason we moved on from nuts & seeds and onto vegetables & meats.

When you say you ate nothing but herbs ....what exactly do you mean by herbs? You chomping on a bunch of parsley or basil or something?

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe I support you fully. However it is hard to keep that up and combine it with personal economical/social factors too.

Few years ago I went raw food to try if it can sustain me with my martial arts energy expenses. It was great and energy sufficient but I had to quit because of logistical reasons. The funny thing was that the day I ate wheat and "regular food" again I got headache and ruining nose for about 10-12 hours. Then my body obviously understood I'm getting back to the usual human crap and arranged it's mechanism to handle it.
I am not returning to the raw food again because I ain't stopping myself for a second. I don't even sleep like I should. The times when I was raw I had ton of free time and no engagements. And still it's going to be economical collapse for me if I have to pay 20$ a day for good bio fruit. And if it's not bio I throw it to the squirrels...

Just when the grape season comes and if I get myself a vacation, then it's time for me and my wineyard talk to each other

edit on 20-3-2017 by Argentbenign because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
I tried a water fast last year with positive results. I was going to go 5 days, but ended up going 9 with the knowledge that I could have gone longer if I wanted to. It was a great decision to try it and I want to do it again.

I'm also a carnivorous, midlife male and I'm not a health food junkie. I can't stand the fads that people jump on like kale or the ridiculous gluten thing. I don't care that I'm overweight and didn't do it to lose weight, especially knowing it wouldn't be permanent anyway. I just did it to try it and had been reading how a fast can "reset" the body and improve some of the pre-diabetic issues I've experienced.

Like I said - positive experience. Mostly because I know I can go without food if I had to now for at least awhile. There's something empowering about that and whenever I'm "starving", I know that's not true. It's amazing how the hunger goes away after the first few days and just becomes this thing in the back of your mind. The worst part isn't hunger, it's the lack of a food fix and the time doing nothing surrounding food. You realize how much of your day revolves around food. It becomes dreary to not eat, which is funny.

Also notable was how much I craved healthy, good foods after coming off the fast(gotta take it SUPER easy the first few days) I didn't want sugar or fatty foods although I sure did like my soft-boiled eggs. I learned how much I like Kefir cheese.

Did it reset? I can't be sure. Certainly far off of it now. I did get sick a few times in the months afterward, so it's no miracle cure for the common cold or anything. I did have more energy coming off of the fast though. Felt great those first few weeks.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   

When you fast, do you do it 2 days in a row?

And does this mean you just don't eat anything that day, or do you wait until the afternoon/evening before you eat?

Glad to hear this new regiment is working wonders for you! Thanks for sharing with us

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I have tried to fast, and just can't seem to do it. I like to eat! But I eat healthy - my version of healthy, not the government's recommendations. I agree with you - GMOs, fluoride, chemicals, food-like substances are killing us. But the propaganda machine has most people convinced that the government protects us and the food supply. That anything on the grocery store shelves is FDA approved, and therefore ok. Nothing could be further from the truth.

If fasting works for you, great. And I also agree if you eat right and get some form of exercise, you will stay healthy and feel great. You just don't want to go back to junk food or you feel horrible.

posted on Mar, 20 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gottaknow

That for me is the best part of water fasting, it breaks your addiction to food.
It's not until you stop eating that you notice how much of your life revolves round eating and thinking about eating.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join