It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think Trump should be banned from Twitter

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I made a thread earlier containing a petition without knowing it was against ToS so I will change the narrative.

Do you, as ATS members think Twitter as the moral obligation to ban trump from twitter to minimize his visibility?

Concerned trump followers were worried about the first amendment but do not worry this is perfectly legal. Just like what happened to my thread being deleted because it was against the ToS, I did not get my free speech violated by ATS mods, I simply did not comply with their rules.(unknowingly)

I think that medias such as facebook and twitter must be heavily moderated in order to stop all of the fake news phenomena, xenophobia and general bigotry.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2017 by Milehigh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Milehigh

I was disappointed that the other thread was closed down before I got an answer about which part of the 1st Amendment guarantees a Twitter account and provides protection from Twitter not allowing you to use their service.

Perhaps I'll get one in this thread.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

I say do it.

Show the world that leftists ban people simply because of a different way of thinking.

Please do it.

PLEASE!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Why should the POTUS not be allowed Free Speech?

Oh, and your participation on this site isn't a "right". You abide by the rules that the owners set forth when you signed up. It isn't against Twitter or Facebook to have someone voice his or her opinions. If it were, then they'd lose ALOT of people.
edit on 3/19/2017 by Lolliek because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
No i dont.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Do you think Trump should be banned from Twitter
Of course not! Every person, rich or poor should have an equal opportunity to make a fool of themselves without restraint.

ATS should be the model for unrestrained fools to express themselves.

I personally would encourage Trump to twitter even more. Making America Great Again...one twit at a time.
edit on 19-3-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lolliek
Why should the POTUS not be allowed Free Speech?

Again this is not a free speech issue, this is an issue of behaving as the provider asks you to behave or not be able to use their product/service and say whatever you wish to say elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. I'm no particular fan of Trump (nor am I particularly against him) but I can't understand the left's obsession with shutting him down.

Think he's racist? Bigoted? Xenophobic? Anything else? Let him run his mouth. Milo Yiannopoulos too. All the other people.

Let them run their mouths so the whole world can see what you claim to see: racism and bigotry and all the other buzzwords. Don't explain, show. Let them say the things you're so worried about so that you can point to something and say "see? Racist." You don't have to explain it, you don't have to shape the narrative, you don't have to jump through hoops to try and convince anybody, it's just stone cold obvious racism/whatever.

If you think they have horrible things to say, and you want everybody else to agree with you, I cannot fathom not allowing them to say those horrible things so there's no doubt left in anybody's mind.
edit on 19-3-2017 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I think Twitter should say that if you want to use their product, you have to think and act and speak as they determine.

PLEASE!

DOOOO IT!

DOOOOOO IT!

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: DBCowboy

I agree. I'm no particular fan of Trump (nor am I particularly against him) but I can't understand the left's obsession with shutting him down.

Think he's racist? Bigoted? Xenophobic? Anything else? Let him run his mouth. Milo Yiannopoulos too. All the other people.

Let them run their mouths so the whole world can see what you claim to see: racism and bigotry and all the other buzzwords. Don't explain, show. Let them say the things you're so worried about so that you can point to something and say "see? Racist." You don't have to explain it, you don't have to shape the narrative, you don't have to jump through hoops to try and convince anybody, it's just stone cold obvious racism/whatever.

If you think they have horrible things to say, and you want everybody else to agree with you, I cannot fathom not allowing them to say those horrible things so there's no doubt left in anybody's mind.

I think we have reached the point where there is no doubt that he is making a fool of our country on twitter, as repeatedly said racist things on twitter also.

The trump supporters have reached a fanatical point where theyll find excuses for anything wrong he says or just say it is all fake news. So there is no point in letting him use twitter to bring more proof of his wrongdoings.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I think twitter should just ban everyone

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
I think Twitter should say that if you want to use their product, you have to think and act and speak as they determine.

PLEASE!

DOOOO IT!

DOOOOOO IT!

No you simply have to go by their rules :

This policy applies, but is not limited, to: Hate speech or advocacy against an individual, organization or protected group based on race, ethnicity, national origin, color, religion, disability, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status or other protected status.Violence or threats of violence against people or animals Glorification of self-harm or related content Organizations or individuals associated with promoting hate, criminal, or terrorist-related content
Inflammatory content which is likely to evoke a strong negative reaction or cause harm. Offensive, vulgar, abusive or obscene content

or be banned.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
As long as Trump doesn't violate Twitters ToS rules then he shouldn't get banned. Advocating Trump be banned because of your personal biased opinion of him is wrong and you need to rethink what you stand for.

If you don't like Trump, fine. We get it. He doesn't represent your view. Take a number and get in line. You have 3 years and 265 give or take left before the elections are up again.

So sick of these anti-Trump threads. You all need to grow up and deal with it. Stop with the fake news/bigotry crap. Its reality we live in.

CIA spies on all Americans and wants nothing more than to deem a majority of us as enemies of the state, People who are of islamic faith are still brainwashing people to kill people for no reason other than some stupid lie. Reaction? Less and less people will find support of a religion that cant control its subjugates.

You think this is fake?

Illegals are flowing accross the border and drug cartels are killing innocent American citizens and illegal citizens are stealing government/state funds and getting a free education?

You think this is fake?

I can go all day but grow the hell up and read the news that doesn't come from CNN/MSNBC/FOX - they all have the same fake narrative.
edit on 19-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

link   

I was adding my argument when you posted this. If Twitter or Facebook had a problem with it, they would add a bylaw to their use of service agreement. Then most of their users would be banned. ATS has you agree to their rules when you signed up, as is their right to do so. You are comparing apples to oranges when you say your poll was deleted, and what the rules are on other sites.

But to answer your question definitively, no. I don't think he should be banned.

link   

i would like to see twitter ban his account but only so i can watch the meltdown that follows..
it would be pretty hilarious i think.

i would be a nice little observational experiment. clearly the donald loves him some twitter. i just want to see his reaction to the ban. then i would like to see how the trumpets react to his reaction.
it would all be lots of fun.

link   

I hope you do ban him.

I really really do.

Hell, I hope all leftist media outlets ban anyone who thinks differently.

PLEASE!

link   

Making a fool of our country isn't a free speech issue and is no reason to silence anybody, particularly when "making a fool of" is a pretty subjective thing to say. One could argue that Obama "made a fool" of us by his actions and words, should we have advocated for not allowing him to talk to the press or leave the White House because it might make America look bad?

I'll wait for you to explain that one.

And I'll also wait for examples of this outright racism on Twitter.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

LOL

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Liberal logic-doesn't like what he/she is saying so they advocate to ban or to silence opposing views via protest/petitions.

Liberals are more closely aligned with a Nazism if there were anything closer.

posted on Mar, 19 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   
First we do have a 1st amendment protecting free speech

Etiquette should be followed if one is in a position of power, but that hardly ever happens now these day, so why not let them all paint themselves into a political corner. Stupidity, arrogance, and large ego's have no partisanship.

Libel laws in place to protect the innocent from defamation.

The main problem with our MO here in the USA, coming from the top down is "Do as I say, but not as I do"

Mass hypocrisy is upon us.

edit on 19-3-2017 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join