It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have the right to tell you how to treat women?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard
a reply to: Revolution9

How do you want to be treated, yourself?

As a human?

Hi. That is a very difficult question, but one I can in part answer.

If I am totally truthful I don't want to be treated any other way than how you want to treat me according to some basic values of decency which I give you the freedom to decide for yourself. I give you the freedom to HATE ME even.

There are some laws that protect us in public. May be a little tweaking here and there, whatever it takes; I vote for who does the best job of maintaining that.

That is why I will defend the poor white male as well as the Chicago gang member. At the same time I can respect George Bush's art book. It is easy.

I am an open book and a novel that is still being written. It is very difficult to express that in any finite way. I know that autonomy of behavior is VERY important for me. I know that my FREEDOM is vital. I know that I NEED TO MAKE MY OWN DECISIONS. I give that freedom to everyone else. It is a strange thing, but a simple "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" covers everything and is a huge relief as I can think about other things and not have to own every little move I make. Control freak politics and society will lead to that "Brave New World"/"1984" syndrome of void and exploitation. Both are currently happening despite the authors' observances. Lol, when Christ said He is a light load, compared to political correctness, Marxism, etc...He is.

I see so many people being swamped into zombification of general behavior (a kind of modern voodoo, no less), putting leads on each other, that will make us miserable.

There are things I do and don't do. I can't impose that on anyone else. Even the God I believe in does not do THAT. "I would do anything for love, but I won't do THAT" (lol).

Personal message for you: Read John Fowles "The Tree" if you ever get the chance. It is very short and so worth it if you are a writer in terms of allowing your ideas to have access and where the fountain of ideas can be located so to speak.

You know, not even as a human. Just as you as another civilized human decide for yourself how YOU wish to treat me (as long as basic law and order are not broken).

edit on 14-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   

It's funny how it's no longer even concious bias. It's not even enough to be aware of some biases, acknowledge them, and correct yourself.

You are now sexist even though you don't know you're sexist. I love chasing ghosts, don't you?

My guess is if this test was created by feminists then the outcome will be that all men are sexist. Might as well throw in the racist tag too... 'cause what the hell...

Everything is sexist
edit on 14-3-2017 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Everything is sexist

wtf
edit on 14-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Any man who treats a woman he is with any less than he would treat his brother, is not a man.

It's that simple.

We are not in a competition with each other, we are inclusive to achieve ambition in life. I'm very protective. I will still stand by a strong or timid woman and be next to her, not in front of, or behind. Equals.

I would hold the umbrella, as we stood in the rain together, or let her hold it. As long as we were kept safe, dry, warm and in comfort.

Big manly men who shun the little lady into the kitchen are bygone days. And chair jumping women who squeal at a mouse, are bygone days.

I'll jump on the chair, you get the hammer...
it's stupid stuff...

having said that, anyone who hurts anyone I care for, will get a king hit and knocked out.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

How do you want to be treated, yourself?

As a human?

A human being.

and a human doing.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Women/females/ladies are not a separate category of being.

We should treat all humans with respect until their individual actions prove otherwise and the government should treat all equitably before the law.

Saying that no one should tell you "how to treat women" suggests that they are in a different category for you.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

No but I can tell you where all this FCC Internet stuff is going----Ever see Minority Report. Its like that but with feeble sciences called Criminal and Forensic Psychology---No mystery. Deep State is hidden to most because most aren't all that smart

Anything you say can and will be held against you in a court of law--Eventually they will begin imprisoning you for thought crimes Reason they call it NET-WEB-NETFRAMEWORK etc

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: savemebarry
Any man who treats a woman he is with any less than he would treat his brother, is not a man.

Do you know how brothers treat each other? Because no lady would want to be treated like that.

Some ladies are dirt, others are queens.
I'll treat them accordingly.
edit on 14-3-2017 by GreenGunther because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

George Orwell predicted Smart TVs. He called them "Telescreens". Remember, he wrote way back in 1947. They were TVs that never turned off properly, that could watch you back and listen to you. Little cameras follow you everywhere you go; at home, in the work place, online, everywhere in public. Bugged at every turn, we have unfortunately given up our freedom willingly. About Aldous Huxley;

en.wikipedia.org...

Huxley wrote an introduction to the posthumous publication of J. D. Unwin's 1940 book Hopousia or The Sexual and Economic Foundations of a New Society.[30] On 21 October 1949, Huxley wrote to George Orwell, author of Nineteen Eighty-Four, congratulating him on

"how fine and how profoundly important the book is". In his letter to Orwell, he predicted:

Within the next generation I believe that the world's leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience.[31]

I am reading again "1984". I have just ordered "Brave New World" by Huxley. I am doing that because I think these men will empower me as we drift blindly into a very uncertain AI age where we need to keep our political/social wits about us. If it goes down we will all go down. We need some watch out people; artists and social commentators who can see the dangers and steer us clear as we sail these treacherous waves of freedom in the new age.

Social comment away, everybody, everywhere!!!

Have you read Fahrenheit 451?

That is also a good one and very relevant to some of the things we see happening today!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Treat people as they are people. Not reiterate their behaviour.

No, a belligerent person still gets treated with respect and dignity, because that's what you have. You don't play cards, you don't win by being the same as them, you're the joker. What you do is lead by example. Then you're the king or the queen. No need to lower yourself. And the elderly ALWAYS get respect, even the old fart who wants to poke you in the eye because you kids wont get off his lawn all the time.

See, this is the problem... you want to make it fair and square, so in barry barfight comes in, you're suddenly chuck norris, and it's on. what does that do? infests the entire mindset of others with the same concept.

How many more one hit wonders do we need? hey?

if the 'little lady' didn't cook dinner right? Oh well a slap will fix that... no.

damn I often wonder if the mandela effect is real, because I was sure raised differently to what I see around me.

ps. I can be a right prick. no denying that. not because of my upbringing, but because of the life I see around me, using people, abusing people, and how people treat others... it rubs off... so BE GOOD to everyone, even if they are twats.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

Do you know how brothers treat each other? Because no lady would want to be treated like that.

Truth. My next oldest bro once sort of complained that he didn't understand why I hugged him and insulted him at the same time. Although we do that all the time.

Also true.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

36. Words with “man” in them

According to the Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program website at the University of Pittsburg, words like “mankind,” “freshman” and “chairman” are sexist.

Campus Reform reports: “'Terms to Use to Avoid Sexist Language’ are also included in an attempt to steer students away from using words like ‘mankind,’ ‘chairman,’ and ‘freshman.’ Instead, they ought to be replaced with gender-neutral options such as ‘humankind,’ ‘chair or chairperson,’ and ‘first year student.’”

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: GreenGunther

If your brother was in need, you'd help. You know what I was saying. Same with sisters.

You treat people as they act, you don't change a single thing, you enforce it. Well done.

My entire point made. Thanks for being the darkness in what should otherwise be kindness.

Now go be a cop, shoot at kids who walk on your lawn.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: WilsonWilson

Okay, well I'll just call you "woman" and talk to you like a man?

Or should I say, "hey lady"; or is "hey chick" better? How about "hey you with the brown hair and red shirt your tire is flat"??

Even "hey buddy" doesn't seem right to me.

And then, instead of endear with a term like "yes, m'lady', what do I replace that with?

Genders are real. It's not a conspiracy! Boys will be boys; girls will be girls. It doesnt mean that boys and girls cant be civil and enjoy the game.

"Oh hey, do you need help with that tyre?"

Hmm, gender specific car maintenance, new to me.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

72. Running against Hillary Clinton

A feminist reporter from the New York Times suggested that it was sexist for Bernie Sanders to run against Hillary Clinton in the 2016 Democratic primary, as it might have blocked Hillary from becoming the first female nominee of a major party.

77. Not supporting Hillary Clinton for president

If you don’t support the candidate with a uterus, and you have a uterus, there is a special place in hell for you. Of course, if you’re a man and don’t support Hillary, you’re obviously pro-female-oppression and can’t stomach the thought of a uterus occupying the White House.

Did you pay your dues for the he-man woman haters club yet?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: savemebarry

What youre not getting is, people come up all hard checking people, you check them back. If it 'naturally' results in a game of laugh, then what?

Or let them walk all over you?

Or, we'll let the PC folks ram rod their religion down upon society, society suffers from NEVER releasing that innate human tension, and in but 3 short years the whole society starts tearing itself apart in the most rampantly bigoted era ever (by various metrics; all in the 'future' we call today).

We're a savage species. To pretend otherwise is total self-delusion, which results in mass scale social strife; rioting at politics rallies; high level talks of POTUS level sedition, and so on.

Someones being a jerk, beat that INDIVIDUAL at their own game. Laugh about it. Relieve thyself. And you know what, many out there people need their arse properly kicked every now and then (for their own good); if thats what it comes down to. You try to wholesale circumnavigate all this stuff and the next thing you know entire social groups are being targeted in the streets for the bullish follies of select individuals, comedy in general is being BANNED because no one can take a joke, and... do I really even need to go on?

As I said before, MTV got it right, and didn't even realize it in their attempts just to be di@ks:

Although a few at the very end were low brow adn counter-intuitive, the vast majority of that content, HILARIOUS, I cant think of no better way for a bunch of coworkers to laugh all day long while shredding sterotypes, learning from them, all while getting some work done and getting paid. I've done it; it works; I've built a business partnership from it.

When people have said to them stuff that they FEEL 'offends' them, why not be cute about showing each other PERSPECTIVE in a little game of turning the tables? And in the cases of ACTUAL bullies, well bullies NEED to be stood up to for your good, their own good and everyone elses.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:06 AM
link   

I read stuff like this and I'm glad we don't have a daughter but then I freak out that we have a little boy, one who is always really excited at the prospect of growing up and getting married and being a daddy. It's always a running theme alongside his love of all things robot, drone and rocket-related.

How on earth is he going to negotiate the world we are creating for our daughters that they will grow up in? He's such a sweet boy and if he stays on this path, he'll be a wonderful husband and father, like his daddy, but will the girls of tomorrow be able to appreciate that?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:09 AM
link   

I am not going to read through all the replies . The simple answer is no , you dont know what goes on behind closed doors . In my case it was assumed i got stuck into my wife , simply not true . When my eldest lad was around four he was playing with mum and banged his head on the sharp little bone just under the eye . Well she got the mother of all shiners and all was good until she went to the doctors a few days later . Well the doctor ( female ) assumes the worst and grilled her trying to get her to say i had hit her . Later i went to said evil witch doctor and she starts on me , same result . No biggie , unless you live in a small town and it seems doctors can talk about patients after all . I took my time and the opportunity came up ( can't give details ) and in front of a lot of people i said . " hey doc expletive , i dont hit my wife . Lets get a lie detector test done and if i pass you can pick up the tab and let the wife do it as well , i get word of you trashing me again you will talk to my lawyer " , well said doctor did not take up my challenge and left shortly after . Damage was done , sadly My wife was hotter than super models so a lot of blokes would get in my face about the abuse thing . Oh i dont even know where i am going with this anymore .

If the lady is regularly showing signs of abuse tread warily .

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: hutch622

I am not going to read through all the replies .

You're missing out. This whole affair was like a sequel to the Breakfast Club!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You said that so perfectly that I have nothing to add to your wonderful post!

Other than supression of Women has been ongoing for a very long time, and it almost seems like it's all coming back full circle or the law of return. It's not right and I know all too well how it feels to be treated with disrespect by Men. Not all Men because there are some good ones, but, also there's the emotional abuse as well which in my opinion is worse that being beaten regularily.

Thank you
edit on 14-3-2017 by luckskywatcher because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join