It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do I have the right to tell you how to treat women?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Dear Members,

www.telegraph.co.uk...

Are you a secret sexist? The test every father of daughters needs to take

Now, one of the country's leading girls' schools has challenged fathers to take their own unconscious bias test, to prove that it is still a scourge

There is actually a picture of Donald Trump with Ivanka as a picture to this article. I can't read the rest because I do not subscribe to this media. I do ask myself though if the ol' DT is such a monster of sexism and misogyny then why does he have such a beautiful, free and incredibly successful daughter who makes all her own decisions and who has been highly educated, etc?

Do I have the right to tell you how to treat women beyond established law and order in our land?

If I do not have the right to tell you how to treat women then do other people have the right to tell you how to treat women beyond usual law and order?

If they do have the right to tell you how to treat women then why do they have that right? If that is so then WHERE DOES THIS NEW AUTHORITY COME FROM?

Does every woman have the right to tell me how to treat women in my own family? If so then does every man have the right to tell all women how to treat men? If so then should we not just admit that we are COMMUNISTS of the most authoritarian and controlling kind? Is it not total interference in private affairs of individual families?

Who is measuring it, monitoring it, evaluating it and, most importantly, WHERE DOES THIS NEW AUTHORITY COME FROM?

Of ultimate worry and concern for us all WHO IS ENFORCING AND PUNISHING/CORRECTING IT?

Remember, this is about an external authority telling you how to treat your Mum, Sister, Daughter, Girl Friend, Wife, Grand Daughter, Niece, Auntie, Grand Mother.

We are indeed ensnared in a trap of unknown agencies dictating behavior, Mainstream Media and institutions/workplace distributing directives, social networking peer pressure/expectations and the work place enforcing directives, etc.

Lol, excuse me, but what about the JUDGE and the POLICE? I thought they were the LAW?

Do you think I am writing this because I am a misogynist of some kind? It is not so. I am actually a feminist of a kind myself. I worship at the feet of writers like Virginia Woolf, so little desire to control another human being that I don't even have relationships because it does my head in too much on that score. I am Mr Freedom.

My worry is that we are being bamboozled into neo-communist Marxist style authoritarian uniformity. That is why I fight political correctness because it is the biggest threat to freedom since the two world wars.

Even in the right wing establishment press it is creeping in, even when the electorate are clearly stating they are not wanting to walk in this direction, they are led like a dawgy on a lead.

It is not how I want it. I want to decide for me how I treat women and "I do" and "I will" (that is the only time you will ever get me saying a phrase like that, lol). We have democratically accountable basic law and order. Personal privacy, individualism and autonomy of behavior are paramount to a healthy and free democracy.

I have a great big Native American Wolf stamped on my chest over my heart that a biker guy inscribed many years ago so you know which I am.

edit on 14-3-2017 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Well the picture of Trump and Ivanka tells me all I need to know about the article.

But just for fun, I continued reading before they asked me to register.

I'd be curious to see this test for myself. Without having looked at it, my guess would be that it is rigged to produce a similar result for every man who takes it.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I would be labelled a sexist by all waves of feminism, I am the main bread earner, I wish for my wife to be a stay at home mum until our daughter is old enough to go to school. I would like to believe I had control over my daughter when shes old enough to stop her dressing like certain women.

I am happy to have that label, I want to protect my daughter like any good father would and I want my wife to enjoy as much time with my daughter as possible.

We should treat everyone equal, everyone follows the same laws and rules. No "one rule for one, but different for another" vision of the future that these (sorry to say) mentally deranged morons are spouting in MSM and social media.

Slightly off topic, but on(?) the hypocrisy of the general public we look to the UK and the Jeremy Kyle Show

Woman beats a man whilst in a relationship everyone in the audience laughs at the man. Even instances of being stabbed are laughed at by these people

Man slaps a woman (once) and they are hitler.

The madness is sweeping in again, 68 hours without sleep is making my ranting more disjointed, Im sorry

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Perhaps rephrase it around "how to treat ladies" and we can have a more literal discussion....

A "women" larger in stature and heavier in weight than you comes in and starts beating the hell out of you for simply being male, yeah you should lay down like a bitch and get punked all because she was born female despite being brute in force and ruthless in disposition while conveniently being in this dystopian age (which promotes this kind of disposition against males in general) where we're not even supposed to use pronouns such as male or female as that's too offensive now (especially for the people that obsess about this kind of PC BS).

edit on 14-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:32 AM
link   
As a woman I kind of agree with OP , but I also have the uncomfortable feeling that we are talking about women here as if they are a separate species that needs to be talked about like pets or cattle or furniture.

It feels weird reading this as a woman, as if it is men talking with men about a non human thing that needs to be discussed among them only.

Again, I agree sort of about the premise of the posts reason but it is really strange not to be part of the decisions.

OP said he wants to decide for himself how to treat women...wow. Maybe you should ask women how they'd like to be treated and then adjust accordingly. You are not a woman, you don't know what we feel or think. We are also in general [! - exceptions acknowledged] weaker and less aggressive than men. You can of course treat women as you wish but remember if you can, all violent geezers, madmen and machos will also have the same right and they will do it to the detriment of another human being.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Yeap. Humanity is definitely de-evolving on a social scale. Too busy worried about mundane daily life and social norms instead of how to progress their fellow species of humanity on a higher plane of existence.

998 years to go until humanity goes extinct or even less if similar trends continue.
edit on 14-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   
My wermin hauled ass on me.
Now I have to pour my own morning drink.
Times are tough.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Heres the thing Revolution9,

I do not know about the test, and because you rather pointlessly linked to a page with a paywall, I can only speculate as to the contents and the methodology employed, and that would be fruitless I think. Requiring more data, I will abstain from any examination of the contents of the article, and focus on the question you pose more generally, throughout the opening post.

First of all, the theme you are running with is familiar to me. I hate being told what to do, I hate being channeled into narrow lists of behaviours, having my privacy invaded, and everything that comes with it. I hate it so much that I denounce and consider traitor to my people, every single individual involved with the mass surveillance of data and images from CCTV all over my nation. I believe these things, the basic concepts of freedom and liberty, cannot be extricated from the concept of privacy.

However, I also believe that there are some significant problems with the way that nations deal with certain topics. One of those topics, is domestic violence, violence against women more particularly (since this issue is actually epidemic in scale). For guys like yourself, who I assume to be a reasonable, caring individual, full of compassion, mercy, and other entirely normal, not in the least psychopathic traits besides, the constant badgering our gender gets, because women are treated poorly by others is just a barb under your skin. I know that feeling, because I feel it too.

I feel it whenever I hear women talking about men in a derogatory or general fashion, without accepting exception, without accepting that actually, men on the whole, as a general case are NOT monsters, just men, trying to get along in a world which increasingly feels alien, a place not meant for men, sometimes not even a place in which humans can get ahead. I feel it when the girl I like has been so abraded by other men in the past, that she cannot perceive value in the one standing before her, or trust herself to engage with that value fully. I feel it every time a woman crosses the street to avoid me at night, not just because I look like I do, but because I am a man, because any man could be a threat, rather than a sentinel against it.

But I do not blame anyone for that set of circumstances, save for those who created them, and lets be clear here. Women did not create for themselves victimhood. They did not create for their entire gender, cultural and social mores which promote their being exploited for thousands of years, did not create that circumstance for themselves, nor did they create the circumstance where one out of three female victims of murder or other sundry violence, experienced barbarism at the hands of none other than their significant other.

Do I loathe the idea that men generally ought to be assailed with this test, and that diatribe, this guidance, that edict, to corral them into a narrow list of behaviours thought decent by society? Yes, of course I do, because I already handle myself with absolute honour in that regard. Being exposed to this negative press, if you will, only depresses and angers me, because having it thrown in my face constantly, that no matter how much I, personally do, to ensure the safety, freedom and happiness of everyone I meet, I will always be part of a statistic which shows itself up badly in both history, and the present.

But I also accept that these guidances and suggestions, these narrow lists of behaviours which we are choked upon these days, are a direct result of the fact that a significant percentage of our gender has either never had a role model worth a crap, or has elected for one reason or another, to abandon whatever good lessons they learned from whatever they had that passed for a father figure. If fewer women were being offed by their husbands in fits of rage, if fewer women were in a position where they are in fear for their life over the actions of their partners, being abused sometimes for decade after lonely, helpless decade, then we would not be seeing this crap all the time.

I hate the hell out of it, but it is clear that some men simply do NOT know how to treat a woman, not in the least. Some men simply have no idea how to treat other human beings, which, if you ask me, would probably be a better thing for folk to rage against, because it actually attacks the root of the problem, not the branches.

I understand where you are coming from, and I empathise with your position. I also believe it is necessary to find the root cause of all of this, and in every instance the root cause is not a desire for dominion in those who agitate against the male, but the desire for cases of abuse and so on, to become as rare as the dodo.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

998 years to go until humanity goes extinct or even less if similar trends continue.

Aren't you optimistic!

On the day of 9/11 it became less than 98.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

George Orwell predicted Smart TVs. He called them "Telescreens". Remember, he wrote way back in 1947. They were TVs that never turned off properly, that could watch you back and listen to you. Little cameras follow you everywhere you go; at home, in the work place, online, everywhere in public. Bugged at every turn, we have unfortunately given up our freedom willingly. About Aldous Huxley;

en.wikipedia.org...

Huxley wrote an introduction to the posthumous publication of J. D. Unwin's 1940 book Hopousia or The Sexual and Economic Foundations of a New Society.[30] On 21 October 1949, Huxley wrote to George Orwell, author of Nineteen Eighty-Four, congratulating him on

"how fine and how profoundly important the book is". In his letter to Orwell, he predicted:

Within the next generation I believe that the world's leaders will discover that infant conditioning and narco-hypnosis are more efficient, as instruments of government, than clubs and prisons, and that the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience.[31]

I am reading again "1984". I have just ordered "Brave New World" by Huxley. I am doing that because I think these men will empower me as we drift blindly into a very uncertain AI age where we need to keep our political/social wits about us. If it goes down we will all go down. We need some watch out people; artists and social commentators who can see the dangers and steer us clear as we sail these treacherous waves of freedom in the new age.

Social comment away, everybody, everywhere!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY

Aren't you optimistic!

On the day of 9/11 it became less than 98.

Well its in our nature to destroy ourselves so there is that. Perhaps you are correct on me being too optimistic.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

You're not factoring in Emerging Technologies, Accelerating Change, the Technological Singularity.

I grow weary of pasting links everywhere, but those be the breadcrumbs of our looming destruction that this kind of noise herein keeps us ALL distracted from...............

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   
I'm a feminist, I'm also a working parent. My partner is a stay at him dad. As a parent I also will have control over how my children dress, both my son and daughter will dress appropriate for their age.
However id be an idiot to think unconcious boss doesn't exist. For example when my oh tells my son he throws like a girl or cries like a girl. So I tell my oh to stop talking like certain men. Do I have the right? Yes because I would prefer my kids dont have these outdated sexist stereotypes ingrained in them.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

You are very welcome here to comment. i don't even want to bother arguing as I know that you have your own attitudes and you put time and effort into thinking; I have seen that quite clearly over the years. Unfortunately I beg to differ in many ways with those attitudes, but respect the freedom where we can both as gentlemen express ourselves publicly. I ask no more than that.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: WilsonWilson

We should just cast aside all gender roles, as that stuff is unatural, where we all get trophies for mediocrity, and all can use a screw driver but not an AC powered masonry impact drill, can all drive a compact car but not a truck, all have shoes but no heels for girls and no boots for men, all have squirt guns but never a slingshot, all play in the mud in computer games but never outside in the real mud, and that will just make for a better world of people who do have spines, yet are still ultimately as spineless as sea cucumbers (of the very pretty rainbow colored varieties).

edit on 14-3-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I would welcome any query you have about any of my positions though.

Lets think of these things less in terms of argument, and more in terms of a sharing of understanding?

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
I'm a feminist, I'm also a working parent. My partner is a stay at him dad. As a parent I also will have control over how my children dress, both my son and daughter will dress appropriate for their age.
However id be an idiot to think unconcious boss doesn't exist. For example when my oh tells my son he throws like a girl or cries like a girl. So I tell my oh to stop talking like certain men. Do I have the right? Yes because I would prefer my kids dont have these outdated sexist stereotypes ingrained in them.

Yes, you do have the right. However, it is a right for you to express your control over your FAMILY which all must do at times. Even wolves and lions do that. You must not force others to act the way you do though. There is a time and a place where we can all do that: That is in a voting booth and that is what I am out to protect.

Would I EVER dream of telling you how to bring up your kids? What would you think of me if I did? If I dared to say to you that you must do this, Wlson Wilson, because I know better than you. Even if I heard you swearing at your child in public would I deem it my right to interfere in that because there is no law in the land that says thou shall not swear at thy kid? No way, it is YOUR business, mate.

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

You're not factoring in Emerging Technologies, Accelerating Change, the Technological Singularity.

I grow weary of pasting links everywhere, but those be the breadcrumbs of our looming destruction that this kind of noise herein keeps us ALL distracted from...............

I know the technological trends and the accelerating change as well as other factors that bring us to the current day and age. At the same time, it isnt enough. The majority are still not contributing enough/ divided /uneducated/ tied up in tiny insignificant issues/ persuaded by greed/controlled by religion and/or an oppressive government. We have such a long way to go still.
edit on 14-3-2017 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm afrai

posted on Mar, 14 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: WilsonWilson
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
I'm afraid I don't get your point? Telling my oh not to say put my daughter down while talking to my son is hardly going to bring about the end of the world. I'm not bothered if my kids want to wear high heels or boots as long as they wait till their feet have stopped growing, as heels cause abnormalities.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join