It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO researcher of the Year, Tom DeLonge; Major announcement within 60 Days!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

i think you have missed an important alternative :

mr de-longe is delusionsal and actually believes his own tail

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Meanwhile, in the desert somewhere...

Instagram Source

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

i think you have missed an important alternative :

mr de-longe is delusionsal and actually believes his own tail

I covered that. I said DeLonge believes. Just like St. Paul believed in his TALE, and he was clearly delusional. The issue is did he make it up like Greer and Meier made up their stuff, or has he been told. My working theory is that he has been told and believes, and that he is naive, i.e.; He believes the tale. That will be covered in a longer post, but that takes some time.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is this the guy from blink 182?

He's a ufologist now?! a reply to: Davg80

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
As I posted earlier, the op of the secret team is to keep UFOlogy in a small box.

They love the nutty cargo cults that only serve to make UFOlogy a mockery

Therefore, any mainstream people indulging in it will be eventually marginalized or gone after in some form.

That’s one reason they went after Robert Temple, a mainstream academic, when he wrote The Sirius Mystery.

IF the guy is legit then they will get him and make a fool out of him something that may already be going on through threads like this

Remember UFOlogy is still a small piece (little green men syndrome) of the pie and they want to keep it that way

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: beetee

And do you have a theory as to what it might be important to distract this particular demographic (meaning those interested in UFOs and related phenomena) from? This is my main struggle with this. It seems so pointless.

It would be abject speculation on my part. I don't really have enough evidence to insist on a given theory. Indeed, people who insist they are right in this stuff are really irritating. IMO people don't know much at all. I'm willing to speculate, but I don't want an argument, but a conversation. And for the record, you're leading me into this so it's not my fault!

One thing that struck me about the Bennewitz affair is that the “conspiracy” need not be very widespread. Bennewitz had found some frequencies used by the Air Force. He also allegedly had pictures of “UFOs” that could have been secret military aircraft. Apparently the Air Force decided Bennewitz should be neutralized. The task fell to Richard Doty, and enlisted man working for AFOSI—Air Force Office of Special Investigations. Doty and a couple of his cohorts managed to make Bennewitz go crazy by messing with him. They’d do stuff like sneak into his apartment and move furniture around. Meanwhile Bill Moore, a fairly well-known UFO researcher, was recruited into the group and Moore decided to play along in hopes of getting more information. He became part of the campaign to neutralize Bennewitz. He considered himself a double agent.

Now Doty was an enlisted man, a sergeant. This is not exactly high up the chain of command. It’s small potatoes, a local Op without national implications. But what actually happened exceeded their expectations. Not only was Bennewitz committed to a mental institution, Moore “confessed” at a Mufon convention is Las Vegas and created a firestorm of controversy for “going over to the Dark Side.” He managed to destroy his career in the process. So Doty managed to get a twofer out of the deal and throw the “UFO community’ into disarray at the same time. Later on Doty said they (his AFOSI group) realized they had actually pulled off a major stunt and that “they could do this!” Do what? Do a lot of damage with a minor tweak.

I suspect Doty & Co. bragged about this and that it became more or less Standard Operating Procedure, i.e.: identify someone susceptible, give them some “secret information,” and see what happens. And who was next? Steven Greer. What an ideal candidate! Articulate and educated, Greer had been having experiences since a teenager. As his interest in UFOs grew I believe he caught the attention of a group very similar to Doty’s AFOSI who decided to attempt the same kind of issue. So they met in secret with him and told him some stories to see what would happen. Greer capitalized on this stuff and began to create a following, thus the followers identified themselves to the government. Greer, seizing the opportunity, added a bunch of strange stuff himself, including holding alien babies and being in invisible spaceships. Greer was extremely popular in the 1990s and into 2000, but his star has faded somewhat as people have examined his claims and found them wanting.

Time for another try: Tom DeLonge. When you read his “fiction” (Wink! Wink!) you read of a fantastical space war taking place over our heads and we don’t even know it. It makes Star Wars seem like a children’s bedtime story with it’s space battles, Bad Guys™ and a desperate humanity battling for survival against long odds. We are in the middle of the Delonge OP right now. Now what is similar here? The following elements are ALWAYS present. 1.) We’re going to tell you some secrets. 2.) There are a few of us who want Disclosure, but we are a minority and there are people actively against us. 3.) We REALLY want to tell everyone, but the “time is not quite right.” Typically the claim is that if we wait until after the next election it will be time. 4.) But the time never comes. They said when Bush One got re-elected it would be time, but he didn’t get re-elected and they couldn’t trust Clinton.

It’s the same M.O. over and over again. Combine that with the Cargo Cult meme and you have a very powerful social manipulation tool. The real question here is why? That’s next….

edit on 3/12/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

In this longer post, will you elucidate on this:

To provide meat for the curious, and to divert us from what is really going on. That’s my working theory.
?

Very interested in your 'theory' (e.g. what is really going on). Thanks in advance!

ETA: Never mind. You posted just before I could reply in time.
edit on 12-3-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: Poster replied before I posted

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Follow you so far...

Please continue :-D

BT

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It’s not too hard to figure out WHAT these guys are doing. For one thing, they keep doing the same thing the same way every time. The Cargo Cult story is time-tested and works. Their implementation involves a false sense of secrecy to dupe the unwitting participant who is impressed by a display of pageantry (such as uniforms) and intrigue with secret meetings and pledges of secrecy. The question really is, why are they doing it? And this is the most speculative of all. So let’s discuss some LOGICAL possibilities. I did not say LIKELY possibilities because I think we have to cover our bases, however unlikely they are. So I’m not endorsing any ideas here, but just laying them out for discussion.

The first possibility is that it is actually all quite true. There really are people who want Disclosure and are trying to get the word out. The dealings with ETs of all stripes is real and it’s just been kept from the public. That has been done because the Think Tank reports suggest the populace would freak out if they knew the truth, so the Keepers of the Secrets have clamped a tight lid over everything and been largely successful through the use of ridicule and misdirection when inevitable leaks did occur. Couple this with pro-active leaks that have intentional discrediting elements. Dan Burisch comes to mind. You could also put Bob Lazar in this category, though frankly I think his is a far different issue. The point is that these so-called whistleblowers have been discredited or the centers of controversy such that their stories have become polluted with disinformation. The story itself is discredited because it’s just too weird to believe for most people.

The second possibility is that these stories have been intentionally concocted as mis-direction, diverting attention away from something else. Okay, then what is this “something else”? It could be simply our own military secrets. We know, for example, that the “UFO” explanation was encouraged as an answer for sightings of advanced stealth aircraft like the triangular B-2 bomber. One could speculate that things like the Aurora have been sighted and called UFOs as well, with tacit complicity of the military. As a diversionary tactic this is perfectly reasonable. Hide these things in plain sight and no one will know we have them.

The second possibility for using mis-direction is that the truth of the matter is so bizarre that it would rock the foundations of our world. We’ve been encouraged to think of UFOs in terms of the ETH: The Extra-terrestrial Hypothesis, i.e.: Aliens. And why not? We are a space-faring species. Maybe not all that far, but the fact is we’ve been to all the planets we know about and Voyager has left the Solar System. We have been to the Moon—fifty years and two generations ago and we’ve got our sights set on Mars. Technically, we could go there today. Our entertainment includes Star Trek—that’s us in the future. We “Think Space” like the ancients thought “Faeries.” It’s part of our culture, so “aliens” is not all that far-fetched to us. In fact, it’s just a matter of time.

But if this phenomenon has nothing to do with Space, we have a serious problem. If UFOs are FROM HERE, for example, we will have to deal with a reality we cannot even fathom. If UFOs are an Inter-dimensional phenomenon, then the fabric of our reality is entirely different than what we have assumed. Our closest analog is a religious Heaven. So much for scientific advancement. The IDH: The Inter-Dimensional Hypothesis is so far beyond the comfortable explanation of the Universe we have concocted for ourselves that the Think Tank studies would be correct. We couldn’t handle it. We couldn’t handle it because it would expose us as vulnerable. Not that we are not, really, but we don’t think in those terms. But with the ETH we know in our hearts that there’s this speed of light barrier that we can’t get beyond, Warp Drive notwithstanding. Einstein said so, therefore we REALLY don’t need to worry about aliens because they can’t get here! It’s our little fantasy and by God we’re sticking to it! Aliens, really, are for fun!

So there you have it. We’ve got these secrets either because they are real or they are not. What the real truth is I can’t even begin to imagine.

edit on 3/12/2017 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JanetteDoeDoe

yes he "knows" the truth about aliens apparently and he is going to tell us all about it over the course of 9+ books...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   
i found this article
www....(nolink)/is-a-u-s-air-force-general-from-wright-patterson-helping-tom-delonge-obtain-official-ufo-disclosure

interesting statement from.....Robbie Graham, author of a book titled Silver Screen Saucers: Sorting Fact from Fantasy in Hollywood’s UFO Movies, has been examining this later possibility in articles on the website Mysterious Universe.
Of course, the possibility I originally posited, that these men are humoring DeLonge, could be what is happening. Perhaps they are interested in the topic, they really don’t know much about UFOs, and they want to get people interested in the topic as well. But why? To generate interest in science? And if that is the case, then what about the claims that McCasland, or someone else, is telling DeLonge we have an alien body and back engineered alien technology? Is DeLonge lying?
This, to me, is a fascinating mystery. If DeLonge is right, we should know more soon. Or, if history repeats itself, the USAF will not go through with providing DeLonge anything of substance. Perhaps they will even use the email leaks as an excuse to stop working on his project altogether and either deny, or just refuse to speak about, their involvement thus far.

if you watch his interview www.youtube.com..., he really does look and sound like someone that is very excited about this info he has....
edit on 12-3-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2017 by Davg80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Davg80

Is there a blockbuster movie, or book, associated with this announcement? If so, there's nothing to it.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

the movies will come, according to TDL in the AMA..... he is really confident of this!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Very interesting.

I have a feeling that the Secret Machines angle is more EDH than ETH, which I guess would possibly have a bearing on which of your hypothesis is the most likely...

Depending on how one views the Sekret Machines project.

Interesting thoughts, anyway. Thanks for sharing.

BT

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: carewemust

the movies will come, according to TDL in the AMA..... he is really confident of this!

If he actually reveals something that can be confirmed, DeLonge deserves the notoriety.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I don't normally agree with schuyler but I'm not finding fault with his theory either. We've been "played" so many times it's like we're Charlie Brown to their Lucy.

The more recent idea of the aliens are from here or inter dimensional is just the latest fishing expedition for an explanation and I'm leery of it as well.

We don't know, what we don't know. It's as simple as that and facts are almost impossible to come by. I'll wait and watch this Delonge stuff play out but I don't have any hope it's going to be any more legitimate than the last bunch of hoaxers.
In the long run for all we know the Govt is hiding info because they don't know anything either but don't want to admit it.

We don't really need Official Disclosure cause too many people have seen things, experienced things. The horse has left the barn, the ship has sailed. Having someone in a uniform or suit telling us what we already know is unnecessary at this point.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'll be willing to bet that the new announcement is nothing new or shocking. Discloser is not coming anytime soon.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Note of caution

I understand the cynicism here but just some friendly advice. This book and any other ideas should be judged on their own merit by your own mind.

Levenda actually has written brilliantly here in many cases and has great insights into the UFO phenomenon as relates to metaphysics.

Please take it for what it’s worth and judge it on its own merits for your own edification

Forget the scammers of the past and go beyond the hype

Get the knowledge while it’s available…There is some pearls in this book, believe me.

What matters essentially is your own knowledge you can draw from information and how you can utilize it for your own development

edit on 12-3-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Davg80
a reply to: Denoli

he looks like hes not holding out hope on how his news will be received......... from 3 days ago....
www.nme.com...

lol

So exactly one day after his 1st non-fiction book is released he goes on the record and says he's likely getting back with Blink 182.

" I talk to [drummer Travis Barker] quite a bit and we try and figure out how and when it’s going to make sense."

Delonge continued, "It's not like I (permanently) walked away.

"They have someone doing my job for me. It's just that I'm so busy. If I wanted to, I could be back in a period of days."

Someone is hedging his bets.

So he take some time off. Starts a UFO brand of which he pumps out 6 books, a separate band, merchandise, movie rights. Then back to his bread and butter.

It's 401k for a rock star!

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Of course. The Globalist NWO is on the ropes. To win they have to have another enemy! Not of this earth so all people will be united together as humans building weapons and armaments for the never coming war. By then they will have won and the planet will be on lock down while they scan us for being possible hybrid infiltrators. Fear and Doom Everywhere!
The Earth Forces United!

Or if people listened to Werner Von Braun? the founder of the US astronaut and missile program, He said then they had the plans already there. First it would be rogue nations. Second Terrorism, And the third and final was aliens coming for us and the final act of the globalist techno dictator hell will be upon us.

I sure hope to God real aliens don't show up to give these megalomaniacs any more ideas and technology. then we would be ended.

edit on 12/3/17 by spirit_horse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join