It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘Go buy Ivanka’s stuff,’ Kellyanne Conway said. Then Ivanka's fashion sales exploded

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

ROFLMAO - what utter bollox

it cuts to the core of the issue

so i ask again " how was ms conways statement " using public office " ? "

your attempts to dismiss this are beyond pathetic - as you are the one screeching thjat what she said was " illegal "

and you cited the document i quoted from so - answer the dammed question or just admit you are wrong

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: SallieSunshine
Well Ivanka does have very pretty dresses in her fashion line. They are definitely worth buying.

But I think the reason people started buying from her fashion line was not because of what Kellyanne Conway said, but because some stores were bullied into not carrying her line anymore by hardcore liberals. It was an anti-boycott action by Trump supporters.

Sal

Exactly. The boycotts and the retailers who decided to discontinue Ivanka's line had me curious about her clothes so I looked it up. I was surprised to see tasteful, classic designs that weren't too expensive.

I even saw a pair of shoes I love for $46 that I am considering buying.

Before the boycotts I never would've thought to look up her clothing line.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

your attempts to dismiss this are beyond pathetic - as you are the one screeching thjat what she said was " illegal "

and you cited the document i quoted from so - answer the dammed question or just admit you are wrong

It is not a bit applicable to the concern. Personal gain has nothing to do with endorsements of products or services. So, either bring something that is "damned" relevant to the discussion or move along.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

are you such a rabid wingnut that you are just not prepared to read or comprehend your own source or are you actually incapable ?

again :

using public office for their own private gain for the private gain of

its the last 5 words that are crucial

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

It is not a bit applicable to the concern. Personal gain has nothing to do with endorsements of products or services. So, either bring something that is "damned" relevant to the discussion or move along.

The question is perfectly relevant:

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise, or for the private gain of friends, relatives, or persons with whom the employee is affiliated in a nongovernmental capacity, including nonprofit organizations of which the employee is an officer or member, and persons with whom the employee has or seeks employment or business relations.

It should also be noted that Kelly Anne Conway does not hold public office.
edit on 12/3/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

are you such a rabid wingnut that you are just not prepared to read or comprehend your own source or are you actually incapable ?

again :

As it's not using the office for private gain, but for an endorsement of a product, it is not relevant

This isn't the mudpit, leave the ad hom's out of here.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:
a position of authority or service involving responsibility to the public, especially within the government:
a job in the government that you have because you were chosen or elected

She was being interviewed in her official capacity from the White House when she made the offending comment.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:
a position of authority or service involving responsibility to the public, especially within the government:

She was being interviewed in her official capacity from the White House when she made the offending comment.

She is neither in a position of authority or offering a service to the public.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   

again :

As it's not using the office for private gain, but for an endorsement of a product, it is not relevant

Wrong.
The words are clear:

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise

The word 'for' makes it obvious that this part of the text refers to the use of public office FOR the endorsement of any product.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:

She is Senior Adviser to Trump. That is a Federal Employee.

Now you're attempting to derail the actual concern (which is that she broke the law) to planting bogus seeds of doubt about her status as an actual employee. Stick with BRExit, something that likely is more apt to affect you than US politics.
edit on 12-3-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Where did you get your law degree? You need to ask for your money back!

Legal experts were quick to point out that this plug appears to run afoul of 5 C.F.R. 2635.702, a law that prohibits the use of public office to endorse a product...

“This appears to be a textbook violation of government ethics laws and regulations enacted to prevent the abuse of an employee’s government position."

"It's illegal to promote any business," Larry Noble, general counsel of the Campaign Legal Center and former general counsel of the Federal Election Commission, said in a phone interview. "The government is not a private corporation. When you hold a position in the government, you're a public servant, you're there to serve the public." And while Conway entered public consciousness as a strategist and pollster who became Trump's campaign manager, as counselor to the president she is now a public employee.

www.forbes.com... w/#74b4b8276ea1

"Legal experts" disagrees with you, as does The Office of Government Ethics. money.cnn.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

again :

Wrong.
The words are clear:

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise

The word 'for' makes it obvious that this part of the text refers to the use of public office FOR the endorsement of any product.

What is wrong with you? That is precisely what *I* said....that it's the endorsement of Ivanka's product line where she broke the law! Don't talk down to me, I KNOW what I'm talking about.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:

Now you're attempting to derail the actual concern (which is that she broke the law) to planting bogus seeds of doubt about her status as an actual employee. Stick with BRExit, something that likely is more apt to affect you than US politics.

Now have you explained the 'public office' part of the argument yet or are you still trying to avoid it? Not that it matters anyway. It's all done and dusted. Ivanka walks away with bigger profits, Nothing happens to Conway, and you cry. Seems about par for the course in terms of results these days

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Where did you get your law degree? You need to ask for your money back!

Legal experts were quick to point out that this plug appears to run afoul of 5 C.F.R. 2635.702, a law that prohibits the use of public office to endorse a product...

“This appears to be a textbook violation of government ethics laws and regulations enacted to prevent the abuse of an employee’s government position."

"It's illegal to promote any business," Larry Noble, general counsel of the Campaign Legal Center and former general counsel of the Federal Election Commission, said in a phone interview. "The government is not a private corporation. When you hold a position in the government, you're a public servant, you're there to serve the public." And while Conway entered public consciousness as a strategist and pollster who became Trump's campaign manager, as counselor to the president she is now a public employee.

www.forbes.com... w/#74b4b8276ea1

"Legal experts" disagrees with you, as does The Office of Government Ethics. money.cnn.com...

Yes you are right.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

again :

Wrong.
The words are clear:

What is wrong with you? That is precisely what *I* said....that it's the endorsement of Ivanka's product line where she broke the law! Don't talk down to me, I KNOW what I'm talking about.

An employee shall not use his public office for his own private gain, for the endorsement of any product, service or enterprise...

A person shall not use his public office for the endorsement of any product.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:

Now have you explained the 'public office' part of the argument yet

As a government employee, she is bound by the OGE constraints, so, yes, I certainly have, many times over.

Ivanka walks away with bigger profits, Nothing happens to Conway, and you cry.

So then, you endorse breaking the law if it suits your particular lifestyle and argument to do so....then that explains quite a bit of why you're arguing so fervently with these concerns.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:

As a government employee, she is bound by the OGE constraints, so, yes, I certainly have, many times over.

So then, you endorse breaking the law if it suits your particular lifestyle and argument to do so....then that explains quite a bit of why you're arguing so fervently with these concerns.

So at least we can agree that those in public office CAN endorse products as long as they do not use their public office to do so. Finally.

Endorse her actions? No. I just recognise non issues when I see them.
I am pleased for Ivanka though and Kelly Ann Conway seems to be doing a fine job. I commend her for playing a key role in getting Trump elected. I am also amused at the non issues being poured over by people who can't accept they are not going to get what they want.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Personally, I don't believe for one minute that a bunch of women bought up a bunch of her dresses, shoes and bags because they were feeling sorry for her "unfair treatment" at Nordstrom's.

I think the Trumps, and friends, bought up her stuff, to make it appear her sales soared because of public outrage. They've pulled similar stunts before.

Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book

Donald Trump used his campaign funds to buy thousands of copies of his own book at retail cost, simultaneously diverting donor money back into his pockets while artificially boosting his sales figures.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Personally, I don't believe for one minute that a bunch of women bought up a bunch of her dresses, shoes and bags because they were feeling sorry for her "unfair treatment" at Nordstrom's.

I think the Trumps, and friends, bought up her stuff, to make it appear her sales soared because of public outrage. They've pulled similar stunts before.

Donald Trump Used Campaign Donations to Buy $55,000 of His Own Book

Donald Trump used his campaign funds to buy thousands of copies of his own book at retail cost, simultaneously diverting donor money back into his pockets while artificially boosting his sales figures.

Lol, do you have any evidence of that?
Most of the sales came from online - do you think that retailers might notice something like that, or do yo think they used thousands of computers and credit cards for their scheme?

I do like the creative angle to justify in your own mind the reason for Ivanka coming out on top though. Well done.

Personally, I think you underestimate the lengths normal people will go to in order to put liberals in their place.

posted on Mar, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Yes she does.

PUBLIC OFFICE:

So at least we can agree that those in public office CAN endorse products as long as they do not use their public office to do so. Finally.

Actually, it's moot...she IS in public office 100% of the time so long as she continues to be President Trump's Senior adviser....if he fires her, then she can endorse away.

Endorse her actions? No.

If you want to talk about agreement, considering you do not condone her actions, then you agree she has broken the law. Finally.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join