It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Study In Welfare,Liberal Ideology, Racism & Diversity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: PhyllidaDavenport

I can't believe that people have actually read the studies or links I provided which are not just click bait or msm propaganda grr!

Your first link is from the Daily Mail. Pretty much the definition of MSM and click bait.

Which actual studies do you believe support your OP?
edit on 1-3-2017 by ScepticScot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   

a reply to: deuceawesome

That is the basis of my post and the studies quoted, we gravitate to those that resemble ourselves most. I have no problem with migration and immigration, IF those people migrating are willing to contribute, to integrate, to leave their religion at home and to adapt. But and this is where I get flamed, most don't due to being wrapped in a liberal blanket of preferential treatment.

I have agreed with most of this entire post but "leave their religion at home" crosses the line. Poeple do not need to give up their heritage to immigrate. They do however need to learn the ways and language of the country they are immigrating to.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

by leaving it at home I mean, do not try and enforce your religious views on others do not demand rights based on your religious teachings. Religion should be a private thing in your own home and church/mosque/temple it should not be a basis for an agenda other than your own spiritual well being. This is why we have separated Church and State

Sorry I must have worded it ambiguously its a saying we use a lot over here..."leave it at home"
edit on 1-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

It was just one of many links to illustrate my post
Try the other links cited

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

It was just one of many links to illustrate my post
Try the other links cited

Second one is an essay not a study, and It's conclusion does not seem to support your OP anyway.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

Third link also does not seem to support your OP.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: brutus61

by leaving it at home I mean, do not try and enforce your religious views on others do not demand rights based on your religious teachings. Religion should be a private thing in your own home and church/mosque/temple it should not be a basis for an agenda other than your own spiritual well being. This is why we have separated Church and State

Sorry I must have worded it ambiguously its a saying we use a lot over here..."leave it at home"

ok just couldn't agree with it the way it was posted. We are back in alignment.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

4th article is closer but still an article about a study rather than the study it self. (Can't see a link to study in article weirdly)

Not sure again the conclusion fully supports your OP and is based on computer simulations of fictional neighbourhoods so hardly conclusive.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   

lol I can't believe in the few minutes since your post you have read the damn long essay in its entirety but however, I am trying to give a balanced viewpoint other can and indeed should research further but if you're going to nitpick

Social Cohesion in UK

Multiculturalism and Favouritism

Social Cohesion in Diverse Communities

Diversity in Britain

TRust Cohesion and the Social Order
Not every source will provide proof, but every source will provide information. I did not do this post to prove anything, I did this post to encourage debate and thought. The sources I have quoted are some of those that I have used to gather information not necessarily proof but in order to be able to give a balanced viewpoint
edit on 1-3-2017 by PhyllidaDavenport because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

I am left wondering which particular parts of the OP you require proof of? If you disagree that diversity leads to a lack of social cohesion then please say and if you like provide sources and I will attempt to show you that social cohesion diversity and trust are at the root of most "racism" which I thought I had done in the OP

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I live here. I live where it is happening. I see it daily. The older generation Pakistanis are worried as they cannot control their youngsters. There is little or no respect anymore. Whereas the older generation had a work ethic, the younger generation the millennials and even prior, are happy to become dependant on social security benefits, something their parents and grandparents would never have done. I could produce numerous videos etc of such things but that isn't actually the gist of my post.

Sounds like you just wrote up a convincing account of how these cultures are adapting to your culture.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
You sound like you are in support of a Christian theocracy, which ironically, makes you EXACTLY the same as the Muslims you are scared of and currently strawmaning.

Except for all of the terrorism, stoning of rape victims, public execution of homosexuals, marriage of children, etc... Oh, wait, a Christian theocracy is absolutely NOTHING like a Sharia caliphate.

No. It's the same.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat
You are confusing to different models of a heterogeneous society. For most of Americas history we have been a “melting pot”; where in many different cultures have blended their cultures into a signal “American Culture”. Multiculturalism is a relatively new mode of heterogeneous society; different cultures mix, but remain distinct.

Dude. Multiculturalism dates back to the Roman Empire.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:03 PM
link   

feel free to research the position further yourself

Racism per se is not the point of my post but the possible misinterpretation of racism as opposed to trust and social cohesion

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

feel free to research the position further yourself

Racism per se is not the point of my post but the possible misinterpretation of racism as opposed to trust and social cohesion

I've researched the situation a bunch actually. That's why I find your position to be in error. I live in a country that is and continues to be a daily, stark reminder that multiculturalism doesn't fail just because a bunch of immigrants want to self-segregate or not learn your language.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

a reply to: deuceawesome

That is the basis of my post and the studies quoted, we gravitate to those that resemble ourselves most. I have no problem with migration and immigration, IF those people migrating are willing to contribute, to integrate, to leave their religion at home and to adapt. But and this is where I get flamed, most don't due to being wrapped in a liberal blanket of preferential treatment.

Agreed with everything. The religion thing is of concern to me as well; but I think a lot of newcomers's kids will end up seeing the same light I did with regards to the sham that is organized religion. At least I hope they do. Very important we keep religion and state seperated.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   

so I ask you what do you class as a success then? Considering the current state of the USA. I think in a country as large as the US, its possible that some areas may look as though they are a multicultural utopia as opposed to little old UK and other small EU countries. Do you also disagree that amongst diverse populations social cohesion is eroded? How do you account for the diversity of Chicago but the complete lack of integration?

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   

lol I can't believe in the few minutes since your post you have read the damn long essay in its entirety but however, I am trying to give a balanced viewpoint other can and indeed should research further but if you're going to nitpick

Social Cohesion in UK

Multiculturalism and Favouritism

Social Cohesion in Diverse Communities

Diversity in Britain

TRust Cohesion and the Social Order
Not every source will provide proof, but every source will provide information. I did not do this post to prove anything, I did this post to encourage debate and thought. The sources I have quoted are some of those that I have used to gather information not necessarily proof but in order to be able to give a balanced viewpoint

Abstract of first link states it is neighbourhoods status not racial makeup that it relavent. Again not supporting ( in this case pretty much contradicting your OP).

I appreciate that the links are for information, however you have claimed that studies confirm your OP. Such studies may exist but so far I have seen them.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

This is very true. The system needs to be revamped completely. Temporary assistance is important. Assistance for those who are *actually* disabled is important, but creating a social class of permanent recipients is awful and destructive to the recipients as well as society overall.

There's more in the OP topic I agree with, but primarily wanted to chime in on that aspect.

posted on Mar, 1 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

so I ask you what do you class as a success then?

The United States' GOP is at an all time high and our economy is soaring. Even Trump is trying to take credit for it now.

Considering the current state of the USA. I think in a country as large as the US, its possible that some areas may look as though they are a multicultural utopia as opposed to little old UK and other small EU countries. Do you also disagree that amongst diverse populations social cohesion is eroded? How do you account for the diversity of Chicago but the complete lack of integration?

I've lived in the cities of America near my whole life and I currently live in Baltimore. If you think they aren't diverse and integrated then you are smoking some REALLY good #. And if you are talking about places where immigrants all self-segregate, I will remind you that places like Little Italy, Chinatown, Little Havana, and all sorts of other places have existed for a LONG time. Baltimore's Greek town is currently mostly Mexicans. City diversity turnover is HUGE.
edit on 1-3-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join