It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump envisions bill allowing many immigrants to stay in US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: syrinx high priest

Just like with repealing Obamacare, only now instead of "repealing" it they are going to "revise" it but keep the same core framework in place.

Like I said, they say one thing in order to pander to the right then flip flop in order to pander to the left.

Or the left block whatever law they were trying to pass and bitch an moan and break things when they cant railroad it.

Either Trumps a genius or the MSM fear mongering of deport everyone has played into Trumps favour, he now looks weak to the left for backing down which makes them happy and for most of the right this was more what they were hoping for anyway rather than a blanket deportation order.

This might just be the first thing Trump does that the MSM cant demonise him for, theyll still say he flip flopped or caved into pressure or some other such spin but they will have to agree the policy is good.

What Trump has done here is a thing called compromise, I dont see how anyone can be upset or deriding Trump for this outcome?
If someone

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

a reply to: c2oden

If you were raised by someone who sold their soul to the devil then it's likely you'll follow in their footsteps. "For the love of money is the root of all evil" and Trump loves money.

That aside he has made his own money as well and has become extremely famous in the process, he's probably the most famous person in the world right now and has been one of the most famous for decades. That doesn't happen by accident.

It doesn't happen by accident. It happens when someone is passionate about what they do.
When someone is passionate about what they do, they tend to work hard at it.
They are usually successful.

I'm not believing that the only way is to sell your soul.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Sounds to me like amnesty all over again.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha
He is sooooo damned baffling. I think I'm shifting him from Neutral Evil to Chaotic Neutral.

I think he's somewhere between true neutral and chaotic neutral. He doesn't have a single actual principal or idea, he just shifts from position to position without embodying any ideals, or having any understanding of what he's supporting.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a reply to: IkNOwSTuff

So it's him trying to trick or "trigger" the media? That seems to be the fallback argument every time Trump flip flops or does/says something stupid or untrue and it's getting pretty old.

Trump flip flops worse than any president I've ever seen and he's only a month into office. He is the classic politician, saying one thing while campaigning and changing it once he is elected. The fact that he is "revising" or abandoning a lot of his main campaign promises only proves he is a liar, yet people continue to eat it up and make excuses for him about how he's "different" than other politicians.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Could be a red herring.

Think about it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

This man is as dishonest as they come, a pathological liar who has sold his soul to the devil to become rich and famous.

So, if you are born rich you have to sell your soul to devil to become rich?

No one is born rich, they either work for it, luck into it, or inherit it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

It's Reagan amnesty all over again, which does nothing to stop people entering this country illegally.

That's exactly what it is! Amnesty by any other name is still amnesty.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   
originally posted by: IkNOwSTuff

What Trump has done here is a thing called compromise, I dont see how anyone can be upset or deriding Trump for this outcome?

Agree. It was textbook Art of the Deal. He starts with the most outlandish position imaginable, then when he moves towards the opposition during the deal making, they think they won, too.

It was what fascinated me the most about his campaign. That, and how MSM didn't see the game for what it was, or did they?

Everyone knows we're not building a 2,000 mile wall. But, maybe two or three 50 mile wall segments, right?

Everyone knows we're not deporting 11-13M illegals. But, the drug dealers, felons, gang members, etc... who could possibly object, right? Win/win for both sides.

Nearly every position he took was the optimum, most outlandish outcome position, knowing he'd move towards the opposition to get what he really knows is practical and achievable, while allowing opposition to gain ground, too.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Could be a red herring.

Think about it.

I'll wait to see what he says. If he ends up offering amnesty though, I'm pretty sure he's going to have a fight in Congress because Republicans are very much against that. I'm not opposed to that result, but most of his supporters are.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Rounding up 11 million people was never really going to happen, not feasible for budget reasons as well as manpower reasons.

We need to encourage the people that are here to become citizens, stream lining the process was always the most likely outcome, and the system needs an over haul.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: c2oden

This man is as dishonest as they come, a pathological liar who has sold his soul to the devil to become rich and famous.

So, if you are born rich you have to sell your soul to devil to become rich?

No one is born rich, they either work for it, luck into it, or inherit it.

Wrong.
People are born rich, or born in to wealth.
And you know it.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Wouldn't it be ironic if this new bill actually makes illegal immigration even worse? Now that would be funny, not in a good way though.

I don't know if it will go that way but giving illegals an easier route to legality points to it. Not saying that's a good or bad thing, just something interesting when taking his campaigning into account.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I have no problem with A path to "legal" status.

But for me there has to be a part that makes it so that if you enter after the law there will be no new law years down the line Giving anyone that enters illegally another amnesty 20 to 30 years down the line.

Anyone that enters illegally after a trump amnesty WILL BE DEPORTED.
And anyone that DOES NOT FOLLOW the path to legal status can also be deported.
No ifs ands or buts you ether get legal status or go home because if you don't you will be sent home when caught.
And the law should also allow those that follow the path to legal status to be deported IF they COMMIT a FELONY IN the first 10 years.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: EightAhoy

Wow, the number of mental backflips you must have done to come to this conclusion must be huge. I've never seen a better example of someone trying to rationalize being lied to.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Instead of Mexico paying for the wall, we will paying them to build the wall now?

Building a wall is scam to make billions too, a partial wall will be build with the new 'legal' cheaper labor.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   
a reply to: c2oden

At Trump's level of money and fame it is the only way.

He's the president even though the establishment has been "fighting" him the entire way. You don't win if the establishment doesn't want you there, that should be clear. Add in the fact that Trump has been part of the establishment pretty much his entire adult life and it all adds up to him being a wolf in sheep's clothing in my opinion.

He's a pathological liar whose supporters attribute his lying to "fighting the establishment". It's ridiculous and almost like something out of a satire.

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Wow, the number of mental backflips you must have done to come to this conclusion must be huge. I've never seen a better example of someone trying to rationalize being lied to.

Who lied to me?

posted on Feb, 28 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   

I assume you're a Trump supporter and the topic of the thread is about Trump. Take a wild guess.

Trump lied during his campaign and is now going back on what he said. Promising one thing and then doing something different is called a lie.
edit on 2/28/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join